Ask Royal Caribbean Group’s CEO: Call for Questions for Jason Liberty

CCAubs

1. Why was the cruise that I booked in November for this upcoming June not advertised as an interport cruise, where my options for dining, excursions, and spa treatments is severely limited? Why does the lack of cruise amenities appear to not be factored into the price?
  2. Why does the app not work for people on interport cruises joining the ship on the second day?
  3. Why does the website say "amazing experiences coming soon" when I try to book excursions, given that it is known that pre-booking dining/spa/excursions is not available for interport cruisers, and why is this not told to people that bought these berths?

image.png.648b9caf169140056facd513c2627230.png

19 hours ago, ProfessorCFK said:

Why does the app not work for people on interport cruises joining the ship on the second day?

RCI IT incompetence answers many questions, including this one - very unlikely any CEO would address something like that.

Edited by Biker19

Hello from Seatrade 2023 in Ft. Lauderdale!

The State of the Industry was held yesterday. Due to time constraints, we were limited to just one question per CEO, but it was amazing to have the opportunity to include the cruisers' voice in the conversation for the first time ever.

Here's a link to our recap of the event and CEO answers: https://www.cruisecritic.com/news/7330/ Including a photo, too 🙂

We received A TON of questions across all of the cruise line forums (and lots of fantastic feedback) for the lines, and are going to be following up by sending all of it their way as well. We'll also use it on the Cruise Critic side for future story ideas, too. 

A huge thank you to all of you for sharing your thoughts, questions and experiences -- this community is incredible.

SOTI 2023.jpg

• Thanks 1

The only question and answer for RCI:

Cruise Critic Member bgoff60 asked, "It seems like there’s a lot of emphasis on younger cruise activities for Icon of the Seas -- are you working to redefine your target demographic for this class of ship?"

"As we introduced the Icon class, it really is focused on multigenerational travel, which is what Royal is known for," said Liberty. "We're introducing new neighborhoods onboard that will appeal to cruisers of all ages."

• Thanks 1

On 2/21/2023 at 8:33 PM, taglovestocruise said:

Time to rethink the gratuity program, Way to many opting out and the rest of us paying more per day. Bump up the cruise price and include the gratuities. Current program rewards those who opt out and punishes those that use the auto tips .  

In case you haven't noticed RCI is bumping up cruise prices. Now we get to pay more and tip on top of it.

I'm also curious as to how you have access to the info on how many people opt out as I have no idea what that number might be. No matter, if they include gratuities then people will be writing about how we need to tip these hard working employees. And on and on it goes.

I doubt I ever will by another drink package and I drink a lot. Diamond plus gives me 5 free drinks, plus 3 hour happy hour in suite lounge then I buy UDP so I can get wine bottles at 40 percent. Celebrity suite lounge is open all day so no need there but it’s normally included in suites. MSc yacht club includes it also .

3 hours ago, George C said:

I doubt I ever will by another drink package and I drink a lot. Diamond plus gives me 5 free drinks, plus 3 hour happy hour in suite lounge then I buy UDP so I can get wine bottles at 40 percent. Celebrity suite lounge is open all day so no need there but it’s normally included in suites. MSc yacht club includes it also .

Is there a question?

On 3/29/2023 at 6:10 AM, Biker19 said:

The only question and answer for RCI:

Cruise Critic Member bgoff60 asked, "It seems like there’s a lot of emphasis on younger cruise activities for Icon of the Seas -- are you working to redefine your target demographic for this class of ship?"

"As we introduced the Icon class, it really is focused on multigenerational travel, which is what Royal is known for," said Liberty. "We're introducing new neighborhoods onboard that will appeal to cruisers of all ages."

Really, this is the question that was picked?  Holy softball.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, smokeybandit said:

Really, this is the question that was picked?  Holy softball.

Not sure why anyone in this thread assumed any meaningful amount or question would be answered given the context.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Not sure why anyone in this thread assumed any meaningful amount or question would be answered given the context.

Thought it would me more than one.....

• Like 1

• Host Kat unpinned and locked this topic