Coffee card no longer showing for pre-boarding purchase

CruzeQueen2

I suspect that the intent is to encourage everyone to buy Plus .... then eliminate standard and downgrade all. Right now:

Wifi 7.50 - 15

Tips 16

Coffee 4

Tea.   2

Water 1.50 day based on dz precruise

So 31 - 38.50

A la carte savings drops to $21.50. Basically the cost of 1 glass wine. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, mygirlsemandsam said:

I thought coffee, hot chocolate and tea is included with the plus plan? Espresso isn't. Am I correct?

They are but for those of us that do not drink any or very little alcohol & avoid sugary pop this used to be a viable option. 

@Shelly97060 how many specialty coffees are included? Site states price varies so how long is your cruise? 

Edited by Ombud
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Ombud said:

They are but for those of us that do not drink any or very little alcohol & avoid sugary pop this used to be a viable option. 

@Shelly97060 how many specialty coffees are included? Site states price varies so how long is your cruise? 

I purchased mine before they vanished from the Personalizer and it starts on Saturday so mine should be 15 specialty coffees- the card is for my 7 day cruise segment that starts Saturday. I will report back if they try to make any changes to it.  Or if they have anything posted advertising it for sale the first day . 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Do not be surprised if it is not available at all and you get refunded.  After all the one person reported that his unused drinks would not carry over to the 2nd cruise of his B2B because the program was ending entirely.  Not just new sales.

3 hours ago, ldtr said:

Do not be surprised if it is not available at all and you get refunded.  After all the one person reported that his unused drinks would not carry over to the 2nd cruise of his B2B because the program was ending entirely.  Not just new sales.

I have a problem with them not carrying over on a B2B.  Probably nothing will be done, really not my problem.  

As much as I've appreciated the coffee card and used the heck out of it, it's not going to effect me, I'll buy the plus, it makes financial sense for us.  

And for those that plus doesn't work for, that makes financial sense for you.  

Either way, we'll know for sure soon.  

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Ombud said:

I suspect that the intent is to encourage everyone to buy Plus .... then eliminate standard and downgrade all.

That's been my biggest concern about all of this ever since Plus came on the scene.  As long as Princess offers the choice of the standard fare, I'm still on board.  But as a non-drinker, I'll jump ship if my only choice is to subsidize other cruisers' alcohol consumption by having all-inclusive as the only fare option.

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 6

On 2/18/2023 at 5:32 PM, PacnGoNow said:

Here’s the latest I can find on Princess:

https://www.princess.com/html/global/personalizer/ssv/beverages/coffee-and-soda-package-disclaimer/

Is this new?  It’s not dated.

I went into the web editor and found the date of this post

content="Thu Feb 02 09:50:03 PST 2023">

so it’s recent.

• Thanks 1

On 2/23/2023 at 11:39 PM, Shelly97060 said:

Coffee, hot chocolate, tea, espresso  and specialty coffee drinks are all included with Princess Plus,

On Enchanted now, and there are no specialty teas. Baristas told me that there haven’t  been any specialty teas for a long time. 

Edited by FritzG
  • Like 2

44 minutes ago, FritzG said:

On Enchanted now, and there are no specialty teas. Baristas told me that there haven’t  been any specialty teas for a long time. 

Not good.  What do the baristas say about the New Grounds (15) Coffee package?  Is it really discontinued?  

Did they give you options for your mini bar switch on Monday? Had planned to switch it for 2 coffee packages.  Ugh..

TIA

1 hour ago, FritzG said:

On Discovery there are several tea choices at IC. Including:  Mint,  Jasmine Green tea, English Breakfast and Earl Grey 

1 minute ago, Shelly97060 said:

On Discovery there are several tea choices at IC. Including:  Mint,  Jasmine Green tea, English Breakfast and Earl Grey 

But are they SPECIALTY teas? What brand are they using? Specialty teas were exclusively Mighty Leaf brand, and displayed at the IC as such.   

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Not good.  What do the baristas say about the New Grounds (15) Coffee package?  Is it really discontinued?  

Did they give you options for your mini bar switch on Monday? Had planned to switch it for 2 coffee packages.  Ugh..

TIA

Yes it is no longer available.  You can get regular  coffee in the buffet 

• Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Princessfan20 said:

Maybe time to start traveling with a Keurig K-Mini Coffee Maker and just avoid the whole Princess coffee rip-off.

And a cute new carry on! Too bad it’s not allowed. We should all ask for the tea kettles that they supply on the Ex UK ans Australia cruises, bring a French press and we’re good to go. Not that I would actually pack a French press. Maybe sbucks via.

2BC07F86-F262-495C-AFDE-9C50295A6799.jpeg

• Like 1

On 2/24/2023 at 3:02 AM, pompeii said:

That's been my biggest concern about all of this ever since Plus came on the scene.  As long as Princess offers the choice of the standard fare, I'm still on board.  But as a non-drinker, I'll jump ship if my only choice is to subsidize other cruisers' alcohol consumption by having all-inclusive as the only fare option.

Exactly! This is “one” of the reasons we don’t go to all inclusive resorts!

• Like 2

On 2/24/2023 at 3:02 AM, pompeii said:

20 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Exactly! This is “one” of the reasons we don’t go to all inclusive resorts!

Us, too. We did it once and I enjoyed the mudslides and the occasional fancy drink…but I sure didn’t need it. 

26 minutes ago, sunviking90 said:

Maybe sbucks via.

That's exactly what we're bringing.  I just ordered some dark french roast via to take along on our TA next month.  Even though we're on one of the newer ships, I'm not sure the free coffee is good enough so we're coming prepared with vias and our thermal mugs.  Hopefully Princess can manage to not screw up providing hot water between now and then 🙄

Edited by pompeii
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, pompeii said:

That's exactly what we're bringing.  I just ordered some dark french roast via to take along on our TA next month.  Even though we're on one of the newer ships, I don't trust the free coffee to be good enough so we're coming prepared with vias and our thermal mugs.  Hopefully Princess can manage to not screw providing hot water between now and then 🙄

Hopefully, the buffet still has the good brewed coffee on the Royal class ships.

Well, IDK anymore. 🙄

2 hours ago, pompeii said:

That's exactly what we're bringing.  I just ordered some dark french roast via to take along on our TA next month.  Even though we're on one of the newer ships, I'm not sure the free coffee is good enough so we're coming prepared with vias and our thermal mugs.  Hopefully Princess can manage to not screw up providing hot water between now and then 🙄

Did you see this thread from Shelly?

Discovery actively selling the New Grounds Coffee package OB today!

What the…?  I’m really confused. 

Same price, no increase.

Edited by PacnGoNow
  • Like 3

2 hours ago, PacnGoNow said:

Hopefully, the buffet still has the good brewed coffee on the Royal class ships.

Well, IDK anymore. 🙄

Coffee in Buffet on Discovery this past week was really good and so was the hot chocolate fresh from the dispenser! 😄

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1