Coffee card no longer showing for pre-boarding purchase

CruzeQueen2

31 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Did you see this thread from Shelly?

Discovery actively selling the New Grounds Coffee package OB today!

What the…?  I’m really confused. 

Same price, no increase.

Well, Via doesn't take up much room and weighs next to nothing, so if there's any question at all I'll still bring it. Rather have it and not need it, etc, etc.... But I sure hope the coffee package is still there!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Shelly97060 said:

Coffee in Buffet on Discovery this past week was really good and so was the hot chocolate fresh from the dispenser! 😄

Could we switch our cruise from Enchanted to Discovery?  😂

Thank you so much for giving us a heads up.  On Discovery anyway. 😁

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Just got word from a cruise buddy on the Royal.  According to the crew at the IC, there are no longer coffee cards offered.  Just the no booze package for $39.99 plus 18% grat so $47,xx,  

Frustrating that there's different policies on different ships. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, justafem said:

Just got word from a cruise buddy on the Royal.  According to the crew at the IC, there are no longer coffee cards offered.  Just the no booze package for $39.99 plus 18% grat so $47,xx,  

If I were on a ship right now, I’d show the screenshots above from the Discovery today, to the GS on my ship. This is from the Ocean concierge OB and you can purchase any of them.  Totally messed up, all the ships should be the same.

These packages are new, because it also shows the Coffee and Soda package and it’s NOT $39.99 per day like the website says… it is $19.99 a day.  

They really need to get it together.  

• Like 3

29 minutes ago, justafem said:

They have crew walking around on Discovery selling the coffee package today and it’s available for purchase via Ocean Concierge 

B37251F1-8648-439C-B5D6-0CF36B90D3FF.thumb.png.2417aefb8f43a836cacb70e119ddc209.png

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, chicopaige said:

Boarded the Discovery today and was allowed trade mini bar for two coffee cards.  Room service said it will be activated by 5:00 tonight-

Great!  Activated?  You think it was supposed to be discontinued and now it’s reinstated?  Since it’s activated at 5pm?

Hope all ships follow this!

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

Great!  Activated?  You think it was supposed to be discontinued and now it’s reinstated?  Since it’s activated at 5pm?

Hope all ships follow this!

I find it interesting that they think both people would want a coffee card. My spouse doesn’t do alcohol or tea/coffee. My dream would be one half mini bar…filled with pop and water…and one coffee card for me. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Good to know those machines are still producing tasty drinks. 😄

image.thumb.jpeg.749e3a4dc85e536369ceee52f60bdfdb.jpegimage.thumb.jpeg.5c32535016c5f8e0079faf91b95ed519.jpeg

So yummy. Sadly, not all ships offer that now. We’re going on the Crown, so I’ll just have to make do with the  stuff they have in the buffet, or purchase a few cups at the IC. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

I find it interesting that they think both people would want a coffee card. My spouse doesn’t do alcohol or tea/coffee. My dream would be one half mini bar…filled with pop and water…and one coffee card for me. 

• Like 2

On 2/24/2023 at 3:02 AM, pompeii said:

That's been my biggest concern about all of this ever since Plus came on the scene.  As long as Princess offers the choice of the standard fare, I'm still on board.  But as a non-drinker, I'll jump ship if my only choice is to subsidize other cruisers' alcohol consumption by having all-inclusive as the only fare option.

You are missing the point here (sarcasm/aka Sheldon).  Mathematically (and logic)...

IF...Princess became an all inclusive cruise (everyone with the drink package), THEN...the average of drinks would be reduced (those that drink + those that don't drink divided by total number of passengers.  (Example: (15 + 2) / 2 = 7.5 drinks / less than the highest number) 

Followed by...less drinks over the entire cruise SHOULD equal a lower price point.  

____

Then there is the inconsistency amongst the fleet:  Royal = brewed coffee.  low lifers get syrup.  One ship gets the coffee package, other ships don't.  This would all be settled if Princess would just provide a good cup of real coffee, for FREE.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, justafem said:

More a matter of timing of cruise starts and roll out of the changes. Expect when the current cruise end for each ship the new policy will be in place at the start of next cruise.

42 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

You are missing the point here (sarcasm/aka Sheldon).  Mathematically (and logic)...

IF...Princess became an all inclusive cruise (everyone with the drink package), THEN...the average of drinks would be reduced (those that drink + those that don't drink divided by total number of passengers.  (Example: (15 + 2) / 2 = 7.5 drinks / less than the highest number) 

Followed by...less drinks over the entire cruise SHOULD equal a lower price point.  

____

Then there is the inconsistency amongst the fleet:  Royal = brewed coffee.  low lifers get syrup.  One ship gets the coffee package, other ships don't.  This would all be settled if Princess would just provide a good cup of real coffee, for FREE.

Low lifers?  We are going on the Crown, but I certainly wouldn’t call myself a low lifer…it’s just the itinerary that is attractive to us this time. 

13 minutes ago, ldtr said:

More a matter of timing of cruise starts and roll out of the changes. Expect when the current cruise end for each ship the new policy will be in place at the start of next cruise.

See post # 206.  This IS the start of the next cruise today, for Discovery.  They are selling the packages OB, includes the new grounds coffee package, same price.

Another poster OB said they were able to switch out their minibar for 2 coffee packages today!  

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, Happiest when cruising said:

Low lifers?  We are going on the Crown, but I certainly wouldn’t call myself a low lifer…it’s just the itinerary that is attractive to us this time. 

Not you personally.  Sorry if that is what it sounded like.  I was referring to the non-glitzy ships like the Grand and her fellow sisters.  Princess has relegated her and her siblings to a lower standard and priority.  "We" don't get the good coffee.  "We" haven't had a new production show in 4 - 5 years.  "We" don't have IC's on the Island or the Diamond and a pitiful one on the Coral.  "We" have been sent to our rooms/countries far away.  

I love the Grand Class Ships and have vowed to not book a Royal Class ship.  I may eat my words someday, but for now, I would like to be "treated" like "Royal"ty too.

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, PacnGoNow said:

See post # 206.  This IS the start of the next cruise today, for Discovery.  They are selling the packages OB, includes the new grounds coffee package, same price.

Another poster OB said they were able to switch out their minibar for 2 coffee packages today!  

See if you can say the same when this cruise end and the next one starts.

Usually in the past it has taken  atleast a month for changes in policy to fully roll out across the fleet.

5 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

Not you personally.  Sorry if that is what it sounded like.  I was referring to the non-glitzy ships like the Grand and her fellow sisters.  Princess has relegated her and her siblings to a lower standard and priority.  "We" don't get the good coffee.  "We" haven't had a new production show in 4 - 5 years.  "We" don't have IC's on the Island or the Diamond and a pitiful one on the Coral.  "We" have been sent to our rooms/countries far away.  

I love the Grand Class Ships and have vowed to not book a Royal Class ship.  I may eat my words someday, but for now, I would like to be "treated" like "Royal"ty too.

More a matter of what the policy was when the ships were built. The coffee machines started to show up when the Royal class was built. The older ships never had them added.

1 minute ago, ldtr said:

See if you can say the same when this cruise end and the next one starts.

Usually in the past it has taken  atleast a month for changes in policy to fully roll out across the fleet.

I hope so. Then maybe it won’t affect mine!  Lol  

I think there is mutiny on the bounty and they’re reinstating the coffee package!

I’m going to keep up my wishful thinking, at least till my March cruise is over.

We’ll see.

And how difficult would it have been to add the coffee pots?  Each ship has been through dry dock at least once since the Royal Class ships have been added to the fleet.  Priority.  Or in the case of the older ships...lack of priority.

19 minutes ago, ldtr said:

More a matter of what the policy was when the ships were built. The coffee machines started to show up when the Royal class was built. The older ships never had them added.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cr8tiv1 said:

It’s all good. We love the new ships, too.
I also just saw there is no Alfredo’s or Gigi’s on the Crown, either. Thankfully, there’s an IC. 
My husband always says he doesn’t care what ship we go on, so we’ll see how he feels when he compares it to the Discovery and the Sky.   

• Thanks 1