what is the earliest boarding time these days?

csoud68

Suites check in at anytime. Your boarding pass must contain a check in time to print it out. Suites board before or after, diamonds platinums, not sure, I think before diamonds. We are platinum and get on for a first check in time. We are always up early, and would rather hang around the ship than the hotel.

Nowhere on Carnival's site can you reserve a boarding time.

You are selecting your port arrival appointment, but as a suite guest you can ignore that anyway. Typically the port opens around 10AM for arriving guests, at least at most ports. Some of the smaller ports, like Charleston, don't even let guests start parking until around 9:30 or 10

Edited by mz-s

Earliest port arrival times I've ever seen is between 1000-1100, depending on the port. Earliest actual boarding time depends on customs/immigration and when Carnival is ready to start receiving new guests onboard, but they usually start boarding by 1100 (if not sooner). If they're not ready for boarding yet and you've already gone through security screening and everything at the port, they'll have you wait in a specified area until they're ready.

1 hour ago, Mic101680 said:

Earliest port arrival times I've ever seen is between 1000-1100, depending on the port. Earliest actual boarding time depends on customs/immigration and when Carnival is ready to start receiving new guests onboard, but they usually start boarding by 1100 (if not sooner). If they're not ready for boarding yet and you've already gone through security screening and everything at the port, they'll have you wait in a specified area until they're ready.

Yep. The last time we cruised out of Long Beach, the Coast Guard had a surprise inspection on the ship that morning, and it delayed boarding by more than an hour. 

16 hours ago, skrufy said:

Suites check in at anytime.

Suites can do online check in starting 16 days before the cruise. But am I correct in thinking you really meant suites can check in at the port (Arrival Appointment time technically) at any time, regardless of their official arrival appointment time?

First time in a suite and I'm still trying to learn the ropes.

13 hours ago, Earthworm Jim said:

Suites can do online check in starting 16 days before the cruise. But am I correct in thinking you really meant suites can check in at the port (Arrival Appointment time technically) at any time, regardless of their official arrival appointment time?

First time in a suite and I'm still trying to learn the ropes.

Yes. Suites have the same privilege as diamonds and platinums. A check in time is required whether you pick one or Carnival assigns you one when you don’t choose one. You can arrive at any time, 10:30,12:00, 1:00 or 2:00 you go right to the check in counters no waiting on line. When we arrive past our check in time we just walk up to a Carnival rep at the door to the terminal show our boarding pass and are ushered right in.

• Thanks 1