USING THE MEDALLION APP TO MAKE DINING RESERVATIONS

Boiler Cruiser

My Medallion App will not let me make Specialty Restaurant reservations for our upcoming cruise on the Royal Princess in March.  It is not cooperating, and so far, my calls to Princess have not helped.

If I cannot get the Medallion App to let me make restaurant reservations prior to my cruise, will I be able to make Specialty Restaurant reservations once I get on the ship?

Absolutely!  They never book all timeslots at SD restaurants just for this possibility.  I would still keep an eye on the app (make sure it is updated if it needs it...check version level) and try again every once in a while.  Always best to try and get this nailed down pre-cruise.

3 hours ago, Rick&Jeannie said:

Absolutely!  They never book all timeslots at SD restaurants just for this possibility.  I would still keep an eye on the app (make sure it is updated if it needs it...check version level) and try again every once in a while.  Always best to try and get this nailed down pre-cruise.

bad info! - on our last cruise - we could only book Sabatini's the first night and Crown Grill not at all.

this is real experience.

now, if in a suite ...

I am unable to book specialty dining on the app or the web IF I try to use my Princess Premier dining credits - it throws an error every time. I know this because one time the app forgot I had a credit and I was able to reserve a table (which I promptly canceled to avoid being charged). If a phone call can't fix it then I risk not being able to even use my credits. Good times.

I had a problem with our last cruise.  When I made our final payment DMW worked and was able to make our reservation.  When we were in the Crown Grill, I explained to our MD what our problems were, he stated not to worry and the best way is to do the reservations is on embarkation, Princess always hold back several reservations.

7 hours ago, Fa-Li said:

I had better luck booking in the web version of the app than on my phone. You might try that

Me too.  After many failed attempts on phone, succeeded with Web Version first time.  Also applied Specialty Dining Credit with reservation.

Greg

I was able to successfully book 2 specialty dining reservations using the MedallionClass app for our upcoming cruise in March on the Regal Princess.  Buyer beware...Per the Terms and Conditions for the Premier package Princess recommends that you book your specialty dining reservations pre-cruise.  What they don't thoroughly explain is that when you book pre-cruise the specialty dining reservations will be charged to your credit card at the current cost for the dining (even though you purchased the premier package which includes 2 specialty dining's).  You have to go to guest services upon boarding and have the charges credited.  Supposedly they credit the credit card on file, and it's not issued as an onboard credit.  The terms and conditions state that each specialty dining meal consumed will be credited against the stateroom.  Crediting the stateroom would indicate an onboard credit or a credit against the value of the specialty dining gift, not a credit for the full cost of purchasing a specialty dining meal (which is a more than the specialty dining gift value).  For purpose of this comment the value of the specialty dining gift was $42.98 for 2 nights.  The cost of 2 nights of specialty dining is $78.  For a couple that is $156 charge for 2 specialty nights of dining.

if you see when you made those two reservations they let you know the $78 credit scroll down one will see zero balance therefore no charge to ones credit card on medallion file  but buyer beware scroll down to make sure your free ones from premier package were used

• 2 weeks later...

Good news!  I called Princess and they fixed my app remotely so I could make reservations at the Crown Grill for my upcoming cruise on the Royal.

By the way, when I made those reservations for the Crown Grill, they asked for my card number, but did not charge it.  My plan is to check at the Purser's desk when I'm on the ship and make sure all is accounted for correctly.

• Like 1