Port Valet available for Carnival cruisers yet?

Tigergenesis

Has anyone sailing on Carnival used the Port Valet service in Seattle? Hubby and I don't fly back home until 11p, so we are intrigued by this service. We would like to get off the ship and spend some time in Seattle before our flight later that evening. This sounds like a great option so that we don't have to worry about our luggage - once collected outside our door we wouldn't have to worry about it until we arrive out our home airport.  I've read old posts stating it wasn't available for Carnival passengers (even though the online system allowed booking), but I have not found any recent information.  https://maketraveleasier.com/PortValet

Thank you.  I definitely checked their website.  Their website lists Carnival cruise ships as an option. I was even able to select my ship while doing a mock booking. I'm looking for anyone who can personally attest to using this service recently

Edited by Tigergenesis

51 minutes ago, Tigergenesis said:

I'm looking for anyone who can personally attest to using this service recently

The 2023 Alaska cruise season doesn't start until late April.  Carnival passengers last season (2022) were also able to sign up for Port Valet pre-season as the website handles all the major cruise brands.  Unfortunately, Carnival chose not to participate, and those passengers who had signed up, had to deal with not having the Port Valet option..  I would not want you to get your hopes up about Carnival participating this season.

As someone who works at Pier 91, I can attest that Carnival didn't participate in 2021 or 2022.  We will not truly know for sure about 2023 until the season starts, but as I said, I wouldn't count on it.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Tigergenesis said:

Thank you.  I definitely checked their website.  Their website lists Carnival cruise ships as an option. I was even able to select my ship while doing a mock booking. I'm looking for anyone who can personally attest to using this service recently

The link I gave you is to the official Port Valet website,  and it DOESN'T  list Carnival as an option. But I don't know if the info listed is for 2022 or 2023.

Given the info @Ferry_Watcher has given, I don't hold much hope. The last ship out of Seattle was in October,  so no one has sailed from there recently. 

• Thanks 1

Update - I have contacted the Port Valet folks directly. Carnival has just recently joined the program. They also told me that you do not need to sign-up in advance on the Port Valet website. There will be a registration form in your cabin to engage the service. 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2023 at 8:53 PM, crooooze said:

Update - I have contacted the Port Valet folks directly. Carnival has just recently joined the program. They also told me that you do not need to sign-up in advance on the Port Valet website. There will be a registration form in your cabin to engage the service. 

Thank you so much for taking the time to check and post this information.  Like the OP my flight doesn't depart until 11:45pm and I was dreading having to drag my luggage around with me all day.

There are specific hours for this program and unfortunately, we couldn't participate because your flight had to be before 6:00 pm and ours wasn't until 6:15. I went down to the desk and asked if there was any leeway and they said no. It was a SWA flight.

• 1 year later...
On 2/19/2023 at 1:51 PM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Carnival has declined to participate in the Port Valet program during the 2021 and 2022 cruise season.  Honestly, if past history is any indication,  I would not plan on them participating this season either.

I know it is a bit late now 3/10/24 but did Carnival end up participating in the port valet? I am doing the 14 day Alaska cruise from 4/23 to 5/7. 

26 minutes ago, Tigergenesis said:

We used it in July when cruising out of Seattle for our Alaska cruise.  It was great!

That is good to hear! I have an earlier flight at 1130 am and don't want to be in a line to drop off a suitcase. 

• 3 weeks later...
Posted (edited)
On 3/10/2024 at 10:29 PM, Tigergenesis said:

We used it in July when cruising out of Seattle for our Alaska cruise.  It was great!

We used it last August on Carnival Luminosa during our Alaskan cruise.  It was the absolute best not having to carry our bags around while we were sightseeing before our flight.  I wish all the other ports had this service.

Edited by Kermarkim