Alcoves on Equinox

dock

I’ve copied this from the Celebrity Equinox order form for an Alcove reservation for our sailing in May 2023. 

Highlights

• It's the perfect escape - within your vacation escape. Some of the pleasures include:
  • Stunning side-by-side views of lawn and sea, as you settle in underneath the shade of a chic, white awning.
  • Complimentary amenities - four bottles of water, a fresh fruit plate, hand-held fans, and chilled towels.
  • Ambient mood lighting for romantically cozy evenings.

It looks as if Alcove amenities only include bottled water (4) and a fruit plate. No Grey Goose, no beer, no cheese plate. Is this another Celebrity downgrade?  

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Jordanyaya1 said:

I’ve copied this from the Celebrity Equinox order form for an Alcove reservation for our sailing in May 2023. 

Highlights

• It's the perfect escape - within your vacation escape. Some of the pleasures include:
  • Stunning side-by-side views of lawn and sea, as you settle in underneath the shade of a chic, white awning.
  • Complimentary amenities - four bottles of water, a fresh fruit plate, hand-held fans, and chilled towels.

It looks as if Alcove amenities only include bottled water (4) and a fruit plate. No Grey Goose, no beer, no cheese plate. Is this another Celebrity downgrade?  

I believe the alcoves differ between ships. I don't think the Equinox ones are anything special, to be honest

11 hours ago, Jordanyaya1 said:

Highlights

When our butler originally met with us he asked which we preferred.  The grey goose, a wine or a champagne.  When I spoke to the Maitre'd yesterday, he confirmed, yes, we were supposed to get that plus the beer, cheese plate, chilled towels, fruit plate.  

I have no issues getting my own drinks and food.  What I wasn't exactly happy about was the fact I had paid for something I didn't get and was supposed to.  Yes, not the end of the world.  We aren't helpless and the bar was around the corner.  But at the same time I could have found a quiet nook for free and got my own towels, drinks and food.  They were really comfortable though.  

We were going to do this again as we did it on the Eclipse and loved the privacy of it and having a set place outside all day on a sea day since it can get really crowded by the pool.
But... the cabanas on the Equinox look like cages to me.  There's no way to get sun

21 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

When our butler originally met with us he asked which we preferred.  The grey goose, a wine or a champagne.  When I spoke to the Maitre'd yesterday, he confirmed, yes, we were supposed to get that plus the beer, cheese plate, chilled towels, fruit plate.  

I have no issues getting my own drinks and food.  What I wasn't exactly happy about was the fact I had paid for something I didn't get and was supposed to.  Yes, not the end of the world.  We aren't helpless and the bar was around the corner.  But at the same time I could have found a quiet nook for free and got my own towels, drinks and food.  They were really comfortable though.  

You mentioned a butler.  Are you in a suite?  

29 minutes ago, webecruzin2 said:

We were going to do this again as we did it on the Eclipse and loved the privacy of it and having a set place outside all day on a sea day since it can get really crowded by the pool.
But... the cabanas on the Equinox look like cages to me.  There's no way to get sun

You mentioned a butler.  Are you in a suite?  

no.  butler or Alcove attendant.  You can get sun.  We just moved the blinds or shutters or whatever they were called to avoid sun.

• 2 months later...
On 2/22/2023 at 5:45 AM, jean87510 said:

Actually after renting, I wouldn't recommend anymore.  They never gave us the 6 bottles of beer. ice bucket, fruit tray, antipasto tray, vodka.  We were up at 5pm to 8pm and no one around to monitor.  

Did you end up getting these items?  I'm looking at renting one on a port day on Equinox and these things are not listed in the description.  Am wondering if they are still included.

On 2/22/2023 at 7:45 PM, Jordanyaya1 said:

Highlights

I'm trying to figure out the same thing.  Right now it's showing $88.99 for a rental on a port day but no mention about the beers, booze, etc.

I have reservations on Equinox on a port day (not arriving at San Juan until 4 p.m., so we'll use it morning/afternoon until we go into port).  Website currently lists fruit plate, 4 bottles of water, handheld fans and chilled towels.  (No reference to complimentary bottle of spirits).  The app has a menu for the alcoves under my reservation that includes such items as soup/shrimp cocktail for apps, grilled chicken/burger/pasta primavera as entree and a couple desserts.  There are no prices listed for the food choices, but there are prices per drink for various wines, beers, champagne in this menu on the app.  So it's unclear if the food choices are included in the rental (it's pretty clear the drinks are not).  We have drinks package so not a big deal here.

• Thanks 1

Also, just saw on the website that no shorts, bathing suits or coverups are allowed, as the attire is smart casual, requiring long pants, skirt or dress.  That might be a deal-breaker, on the top deck in July...

36 minutes ago, mjschutte said:

Also, just saw on the website that no shorts, bathing suits or coverups are allowed, as the attire is smart casual, requiring long pants, skirt or dress.  That might be a deal-breaker, on the top deck in July...

That is odd!! On the Solstice and the Edge in March I wore a swimsuit with a coverup the entire day ! 

49 minutes ago, mjschutte said:

Not my experience, assuming we are still talking the alcoves on Equinox..

3 minutes ago, PTC DAWG said:

Not my experience, assuming we are still talking the alcoves on Equinox..

Dawg, thanks, just passing along what the website says. I guess I'll find out July 8 when I'm on Equinox. 

hmm...the pool area does look packed to the max,  but if folks can rotate in and out..it seems that is not like  the quieter oasis being marketed.  Would be nicer if occupancy  limited to  named persons.

We are thinking about doing this on ASCENT but it is  not yet offered for our sail date. We will monitor reactions! 

thank for the info

3 hours ago, Georgia_Peaches said:

Did you end up getting these items?  I'm looking at renting one on a port day on Equinox and these things are not listed in the description.  Am wondering if they are still included.

We did not get the extra items.  They gave us a lunch with a menu with all the restaurants on there.  It was sufficient for us as we already had OBC to burn plus we had the Classic drink package.  But probably wouldn't do again.  I think I found the descriptions on the app not the website.  But I could be wrong.

• Thanks 1

I just called the Captains Club number to get a clarification on the Alcoves in the Equinox. The representative told me the statement on the website about smart casual required is incorrect (imagine that). I then asked her what was included and she started reeling off the old amenities (beer, Grey Goose, etc). I told her that’s not what was on the website and she started backpedaling, stating all amenities are subject to change according to availability. I love Celebrity but communication and their website is their weakest link. I’m going to keep our reservation and once onboard decide whether or not to cancel. 

1 hour ago, Jordanyaya1 said:

I just called the Captains Club number to get a clarification on the Alcoves in the Equinox. The representative told me the statement on the website about smart casual required is incorrect (imagine that). I then asked her what was included and she started reeling off the old amenities (beer, Grey Goose, etc). I told her that’s not what was on the website and she started backpedaling, stating all amenities are subject to change according to availability. I love Celebrity but communication and their website is their weakest link. I’m going to keep our reservation and once onboard decide whether or not to cancel. 

Yeah, the dress code thing had to be an error. As I posted earlier in this thread, back in January I had all the amenities (for a port day rental...Grey Goose, etc..), there was an attendant there to get you what you wanted. It was pleasant...I read, napped, ate, had a few beers (repeat as needed)...moved the shade device at appropriate times. I would understand the removal of the amenities for port day rentals...but not for sea day rentals. For port day rentals that include the amenities of 6 beers, grey goose, food delivery, etc...they basically make no money. Part of the reason I jumped at the deal! 

For 99 bucks for a port day rental, you get a nice place to hang out away from the mad house that the pool can be...(I did not check to see if they raised the price since January...)

Here's a pic of the included menu (at the time...)

IMG_20230114_114935050_HDR.jpg

5 hours ago, mjschutte said:

not true.  We wore shorts and bathing suits.  People had their towels on the lawn area sunning themselves.  I can't see doing that in a dress.

5 hours ago, mjschutte said:

I have reservations on Equinox on a port day (not arriving at San Juan until 4 p.m., so we'll use it morning/afternoon until we go into port).  Website currently lists fruit plate, 4 bottles of water, handheld fans and chilled towels.  (No reference to complimentary bottle of spirits).  The app has a menu for the alcoves under my reservation that includes such items as soup/shrimp cocktail for apps, grilled chicken/burger/pasta primavera as entree and a couple desserts.  There are no prices listed for the food choices, but there are prices per drink for various wines, beers, champagne in this menu on the app.  So it's unclear if the food choices are included in the rental (it's pretty clear the drinks are not).  We have drinks package so not a big deal here.

The food choices are included.  

• Like 1