Valuetrips - Hyatt Place

LuCruise

After sending in my request to ValueTrips (Feb 20, 2024) I discovered that I could book directly with Hyatt for $51 less.  Of course, I booked directly with Haytt and cancelled the ValueTrips reservation as soon as I received it.  This just goes to show that, while ValueTrips usually has a good deal, it’s not always the case.  It pays to keep looking.

2 hours ago, pmCruiser said:

After sending in my request to ValueTrips (Feb 20, 2024) I discovered that I could book directly with Hyatt for $51 less.  Of course, I booked directly with Haytt and cancelled the ValueTrips reservation as soon as I received it.  This just goes to show that, while ValueTrips usually has a good deal, it’s not always the case.  It pays to keep looking.

My booking directly with VT is $239 doesn't include tax.

Booking directly with Hyatt member is $245 with tax it's $277.

How are you saving that much booking directly...my date is March 3 one night.

34 minutes ago, Ashland said:

My booking directly with VT is $239 doesn't include tax.

Booking directly with Hyatt member is $245 with tax it's $277.

How are you saving that much booking directly...my date is March 3 one night.

I don't know.  Maybe I won the Hyatt lottery....

It's pretty obvious that VT's pricing relative to the Hyatt direct pricing is all over the map. All of the above examples are quite correct, sometimes VT is MORE expensive than going direct to Hyatt, while other times it's far less expensive. I reconfirmed my earlier post and for our mid-October 2024 stay, VT is $129 and the Hyatt site wants $540. Clearly we should check around and not just assume VT will always be cheaper; usually it is, sometimes it isn't

1 hour ago, nhraformula00 said:

Booking either way includes breakfast.

I thought it used to but it may have changed again. I do know if you book with VT and then have your membership number added makes a difference.

Like I said it makes no difference to us either way...I book for the price point.

My February 2024 Value Trips reservation for Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale was confirmed last evening.  Just for reference it took 6 days.  Today, I got another email from Value Trips saying they gave me the wrong confirmation number.  I double checked on Hyatt site and new reservation comes up on their website so that's good.  On the hotel website I noticed the free airport shuttle wasn't listed, and further clicking around at transportation tab, I found this:

Shuttle Services

Airport Shuttle

Starting April 10, 2023, all airport transportation needs will be referred and booked directly with Avanti Shuttle for a fee. Call Avanti at +1 954 655 1376 to secure all shuttle transportation.

I know it isn't far from the airport, but I did consider that a savings perk to have it included the last two times we stayed there.  However, for this high season time in February the VT rate of $289 plus tax is definitely a bargain compared to the $413 I am seeing directly on the Hyatt site😵

52 minutes ago, Trish Traveler said:

My February 2024 Value Trips reservation for Hyatt Place Ft. Lauderdale was confirmed last evening.  Just for reference it took 6 days.  Today, I got another email from Value Trips saying they gave me the wrong confirmation number.  I double checked on Hyatt site and new reservation comes up on their website so that's good.  On the hotel website I noticed the free airport shuttle wasn't listed, and further clicking around at transportation tab, I found this:

Shuttle Services

Airport Shuttle

Starting April 10, 2023, all airport transportation needs will be referred and booked directly with Avanti Shuttle for a fee. Call Avanti at +1 954 655 1376 to secure all shuttle transportation.

I know it isn't far from the airport, but I did consider that a savings perk to have it included the last two times we stayed there.  However, for this high season time in February the VT rate of $289 plus tax is definitely a bargain compared to the $413 I am seeing directly on the Hyatt site😵

The airport (FLL) shuttle that used to be offered by Hyatt Place to their hotel for $2.00 then $5.00 per room reservation was a good deal for those that opted for it.

I don't ever remember it being free.

A taxi now is a good choice....and may be quicker, easier and certainly affordable.

1 hour ago, Ashland said:

The airport (FLL) shuttle that used to be offered by Hyatt Place to their hotel for $2.00 then $5.00 per room reservation was a good deal for those that opted for it.

I don't ever remember it being free.

A taxi now is a good choice....and may be quicker, easier and certainly affordable.

I must have not noticed it on my bill and assumed it was free in the past.  Thanks for clarifying.

• Like 1

On 12/4/2023 at 3:50 PM, nevertolate said:

I have not heard back from Valuetrips it been since Friday morning should we be worried .

Emailed them on the 12/2.  My confirmation was in my junk mail folder on 12/9.  
has been confirmed for your arrival date of  March xx, 2024 for 1 room for 1 night for 2 adults at the ValueTrips.com rate of $289.00 plus tax, per room per night.

2 hours ago, nhraformula00 said:

gamblinmon, you are not charged by VT, your credit card is only used to secure your reservation. You are charged at the hotel. 

Agree...but if you need to cancel it must be 48 hours prior to arrival by calling the hotel or Hyatt website. 

Recently did the shuttle from the airport to hotel for $8 pp.  Had to wait about 20 minutes and the driver seemed a bit confused when he picked us up.  I think he was brand new.  Also, very small sign on the shuttle- hard to see.

To the pier was better the next day and in fact left about 10 minutes early.

Gotta' love Valuetrips. Just received our confirmation for next October, $US134 all in. Going direct to the Hyatt site, the same room, same date,  is $US634 all in. Interestingly, when I looked at my Hyatt account, there is no mention of the booking under "My Stays". I can only find the booking by selecting "Modify/Cancel" at the bottom of the page, then manually entering the Confirmation Number.  Any thoughts as to whether it will eventually show up in my account?

As to whether breakfast is or is not included, there is no reference to it in any of the documents. We've stayed at the HP three or four times, well pre-pandemic, and it's my recollection that the breakfast area is basically the lobby, with no way to police whether any guest does or does not have breakfast included. I'll assume we have breakfast through our Hyatt membership, even if booked through VT.

1 hour ago, lx200gps said:

Gotta' love Valuetrips. Just received our confirmation for next October, $US134 all in. Going direct to the Hyatt site, the same room, same date,  is $US634 all in. Interestingly, when I looked at my Hyatt account, there is no mention of the booking under "My Stays". I can only find the booking by selecting "Modify/Cancel" at the bottom of the page, then manually entering the Confirmation Number.  Any thoughts as to whether it will eventually show up in my account?

As to whether breakfast is or is not included, there is no reference to it in any of the documents. We've stayed at the HP three or four times, well pre-pandemic, and it's my recollection that the breakfast area is basically the lobby, with no way to police whether any guest does or does not have breakfast included. I'll assume we have breakfast through our Hyatt membership, even if booked through VT.

I stayed at Hyatt Place through ValueTrips in Feb, breakfast was included in the lobby area.  There was no one checking.

1 hour ago, phabric said:

I stayed at Hyatt Place through ValueTrips in Feb, breakfast was included in the lobby area.  There was no one checking.

Excellent, thanks for the confirmation. Looks like things haven't changed since we were there last.