I'm having lots of trouble here on our Edge cruise to the Southern Caribbean...

StillLooking4Adventure

14 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Okay, enough already with all the positive stuff, as "real cruisers" need a Debbie Downer once in a while.  Certainly you can find something for those who need it desperately before they go into a tirade.  I am having way more fun watching the snow fall, wind blow and staying inside because it is so cold outside.  How many of you are with me on this...as I know that all this fun stuff is just someone trolling for viewers, paid by Celebrity?  Furthermore, for dinner, we are having Lean Cusine’s spaghetti and meatballs for an Italian Fest. It will be like dining on the Amalfi Coast, but with snow.  

Yeah, that blizzard warning you guys are under should be interesting.  We've got a little snow down here in Reno, but it's supposed to last until tonight. The good news is the wind has died down slightly.  Good Luck up there.  

• Thanks 1

46 minutes ago, Lastdance said:

Okay, enough already with all the positive stuff, as "real cruisers" need a Debbie Downer once in a while.  Certainly you can find something for those who need it desperately before they go into a tirade.  I am having way more fun watching the snow fall, wind blow and staying inside because it is so cold outside.  How many of you are with me on this...as I know that all this fun stuff is just someone trolling for viewers, paid by Celebrity?  Furthermore, for dinner, we are having Lean Cusine’s spaghetti and meatballs for an Italian Fest. It will be like dining on the Amalfi Coast, but with snow.  

Wow.  Just wow.  You really had to ruin my day by reminding me that there are no snow machines on Celebrity ships?  Shame on you!

😭😭😭😭😭

Edited by zitsky
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Because we couldn't figure any better way to use the $1700 in OBC we got with the help of our TA and Celebrity,  after using a lot of it for excursions we used the rest of ot for the Daniel Boulud special dinner. It ended up being just 4 of us since the others who had reservations got sick. Once again, Celebrity blew it. They served way too much food and too many servers. We had to listen to the chef explaining every dish before we could eat it. Every dish was served butterfly style by two servers. How intrusive. 😢. By the end of the evening we were too full to make it to the silent disco. On top of that they gave us this giant heavy cookbook we have to carry home.  DARN! Check it out. BEWARE !

20230227_181228.jpg

20230227_181235.jpg

20230227_181358.jpg

20230227_180825.jpg

20230227_182618.jpg

20230227_182633.jpg

20230227_184053.jpg

20230227_190805.jpg

20230227_193803.jpg

20230227_200133.jpg

20230227_201454.jpg

20230227_211447.jpg

Edited by StillLooking4Adventure
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cruzinforpeace*** said:

How was the OV dinner buffet?  What offerings did you see?

I don't eat in the OV for dinner.  It's way too many floors up to make it at dinner time.  I wish they would be more sympathetic to those of us who are worn out by the end of the day and move the OV to a lower deck in the evening.  

I do go for lunch and there are way too many good choices of food. It makes it very difficult to make a decision 🤔. Darn them.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

I don't eat in the OV for dinner.  It's way too many floors up to make it at dinner time.  I wish they would be more sympathetic to those of us who are worn out by the end of the day and move the OV to a lower deck in the evening.  

I do go for lunch and there are way too many good choices of food. It makes it very difficult to make a decision 🤔. Darn them.

Perhaps you should consider one of the fancy upper-deck suites?

2 minutes ago, StillLooking4Adventure said:

Why hasn’t anyone designed a cruise ship with everything on the same floor?  It seems so obvious.   🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Having just got off the edge, we really only had minor comments/observations about the food changes. Otherwise it was a great cruise. Staff was awesome, never had to wait more than 2 minutes for a drink order to be taken which was impressive with all the slushy drinks going out. 

Things were way better than I was lead to believe from reading here and on another social media site!

• Like 1

On 2/26/2023 at 7:10 PM, Ozzie26 said:

Just off Apex last week and my biggest complaint was that there just wasn’t enough hours in the day to do everything they had to offer. We did find out dinner in Oceanview Cafe was challenging so we started eating our dinner at lunch because lunch there continued to be awesome. We sail

her again in July and can’t wait because it’s 12 nights not 7. 

So much agree: I used to say "Every hour counts on a cruise"; my mantra changed over years substituting "hour" with "minute".  So, typically, I stay up until 12:30 am on average around the ship (that's why I posted my previous comment - # 64), then some reading in the cabin, and back on a journey at 6:20 am next day.

Edited by kirtihk
  • Like 1

21 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

I can hardly wait to suffer like others have been reporting.

I think I will intentionally take off 5 pounds before my next cruise so I can put them back on with no guilt.

Can't wait for those "Terrible" lemon tarts at al Bacio.

That's what I do for last 10 years or so prior to each cruise!

This might be the all time best string of posts!  

We are on the Edge TA and EuropeB2B this April-May.  We are now dreading this trip.    How dare Celebrity force us to book 26 days on a cruise ship where all of our meals, drinks, housekeeping, etc...are taken care of in style.  The nerve of the waitstaff constantly asking us if we need more, the bartenders harassing us for another drink, the housekeepers intruding on us to keep our rooms clean!  Unlimited food and drink and entertainment!  The horror of it all!   How dare the Captain and crew work their behinds off to cater to our every whim!   It's inconceivable that we would be treated in this manner by the cruise line.   What kind of fools are we to sign up for what will clearly be a horribly terrible experience on the Edge?  

Rah Rah Rah!  

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

On 2/26/2023 at 3:38 PM, StillLooking4Adventure said:

Ok, so I got on an elevator today on deck 4 and I had the room to myself. Unfortunately,  people kept stopping it on the way up and getting on. Can you imagine? I thought I had an express to the pool deck , but no, these rude people kept stopping it on other floors and getting on. I'm going to continue to tlkeep track of these abominations son I can let Celebrity know at the end. Till then, I'm heading back to the bar to drown my sorrows. 

20230226_142051.jpg

Ah! On MSC Yacht Club, you can express the elevator.

2 hours ago, OMW said:

This might be the all time best string of posts!  

We are on the Edge TA and EuropeB2B this April-May.  We are now dreading this trip.    How dare Celebrity force us to book 26 days on a cruise ship where all of our meals, drinks, housekeeping, etc...are taken care of in style.  The nerve of the waitstaff constantly asking us if we need more, the bartenders harassing us for another drink, the housekeepers intruding on us to keep our rooms clean!  Unlimited food and drink and entertainment!  The horror of it all!   How dare the Captain and crew work their behinds off to cater to our every whim!   It's inconceivable that we would be treated in this manner by the cruise line.   What kind of fools are we to sign up for what will clearly be a horribly terrible experience on the Edge?  

Rah Rah Rah!  

The worst thing about Celebrity is, they won’t let me bring along my therapist.  For free, to deal with all the stress of a cruise vacation.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 2/26/2023 at 5:00 PM, coffeebean said:

This may be a bit off topic but.......

We sailed on The Beyond a few weeks ago and was absolutely blown away by the elegance, moderness and the beauty of the ship. Just wondering if Edge has that "surprise" hallway on the way to Eden which is at the aft of the ship like Beyond has. I don't want to give it away to anyone who has not been on an Edge class ship, but that was the most surprising stretch of hallway I have ever seen on any cruise ship. It has a name; The Oddyssey. I don't see this listed on the Beyond deck plans so I guess it is supposed to be a surprise when one ventures through that hallway.

From what I've seen, only the Apex has what might be considered a "normal" hallway.  Edge & Beyond both have a "Magic Forest." Don't know about the Ascent yet.