Anthem engine issues this week

12 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

My options are

Randomized MAC

Phone MAC

If I pick phone MAC, I can connect to ship wifi, but have no response from websites... they time out.   Android phone

The authentication is based on the mac address. You will need to logout, switch off the randomized mac, and then sign on again to test out the theory.

Edited by Smooth_J

Back to the topic of the original OP.

My wife just saw a FB post that someone called RCL, and it was stated Florida will be skipped for the 3/19 cruise as well. I don't have any other information other than that.

Current tracking puts Anthem running at 19 knots back to Bayonne.

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Smooth_J said:

The authentication is based on the mac address. You will need to logout, switch off the randomized mac, and then sign on again to test out the theory.

Did that.   Connectivity still the same.. drops every few minutes

1 hour ago, Toddcan said:

Did that.   Connectivity still the same.. drops every few minutes

This is going to be an interesting cruise… 😞 I highly doubt they would let me get access to the wireless controller too… oh well.

2 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

I still have not received word from Royal about tomorrow’s cruise. Maybe they resolved the propulsion issue?

🤞

Would you mind keeping us updated for those of us who are due to sail on her in the next few weeks?

1 hour ago, FionaMG said:

🤞

Would you mind keeping us updated for those of us who are due to sail on her in the next few weeks?

35 minutes ago, The Fun Researcher said:

Absolutely.  I don’t have the WiFi package on the ship but can update at our first port which will either be Port Canaveral on the 21st or Nassau the following day.

of course, if I find out anything before the cruise, I will make sure to post

I will be boarding on the 19th, so I will let everyone know as well. However I just received word for the Suite Concierge:

"The current information is that we are going according to schedule, no itinerary change has been communicated ."

• Thanks 2

Not to change the subject on this thread, but what has been the earliest check in time the last few weeks? I’m traveling in April and I see that ship leaves Bayonne earlier than summer cruises. I have 10:30 check in and wondered if that was earliest boarding?

Thanks! 

10 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

Not to change the subject on this thread, but what has been the earliest check in time the last few weeks? I’m traveling in April and I see that ship leaves Bayonne earlier than summer cruises. I have 10:30 check in and wondered if that was earliest boarding?

Thanks! 

When I checked in for the 23rd April sailing the earliest time was 10:00.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Max and Ruby said:

Thanks! 

That is the earliest I have seen for any of my Anthem sailings.   

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Max and Ruby said:

I remember from summer that the parking is a zoo so I wanted to get there a bit earlier, but balance between those disembarking and us embarking.

That's why I picked 10:30 rather than the very first. Someone else on my sailing, who is local and has been on Anthem several times over the winter, said that was a good time to pick.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, HappyCouple72 said:

It appears the problem has been fixed , left cape Liberty on time , headed for port canaveral, and last night achieved 20+ knots ( according to marine traffic) 👍🏻

Hopefully.  I was on Quantum last year when she had her engine issue.  That took a couple months to fix I believe, so hopefully Anthem will not suffer the same fate.

5 hours ago, Smooth_J said:

I am on Anthem as well, and we are cruising along at a nice and healthy 20+ knots. We are also near some storm too, so its a bit rocky at the moment.

IMG_1688.jpeg

That's an impressive pic.

I hope your sailing gets smoother and you get bluer skies soon.

Just got an itinerary update on our TA in October.

“Dear Guest,

To maintain a safe and comfortable speed along our journey, we’ve adjusted the times…”

Two ports have been adjusted and one port, Vigo, has been adjusted enough to possibly cause multiple excursions which are 5+ hours to cancel.  Bummer.

I couldn’t imagine this is related to the issues they are having, but it wouldn’t surprise me since the Quantum took months to resolve. 🤷‍♂️

Edited by TheBucketLister

59 minutes ago, TheBucketLister said:

Just got an itinerary update on our TA in October.

“Dear Guest,

To maintain a safe and comfortable speed along our journey, we’ve adjusted the times…”

Two ports have been adjusted and one port, Vigo, has been adjusted enough to possibly cause multiple excursions which are 5+ hours to cancel.  Bummer.

I couldn’t imagine this is related to the issues they are having, but it wouldn’t surprise me since the Quantum took months to resolve. 🤷‍♂️

That's a bit like what happened on my 12-nighter to the Canaries back in September/October. Although we didn't miss any of the ports they cut the time at most of them, some by several hours. At the time, they claimed it was for "routine engine maintenance". It happened on several of the longer cruises Anthem did during that summer.