Norwegian Joy balcony best deck?

Cookie love

Do you like to be close to the front, ie the Observation Lounge.  My last cruise was on the Joy and chose deck 15. The OL is there and there's almost always snacks or food of some sort, also a bar, lot's of lounging furniture, great service.  It was really nice.  I'd go back there in a heartbeat. 

• Like 1

We were recently on decks 12 and 14 on the Joy, both fine. We were also on deck 15 on the Bliss, big mistake. We were under the pool deck so noise in the morning and loud thumping music at night.

• Like 1

We were on the 14th floor(Aft balcony) last August on the Joy. We will be on 15th Aft this July because we loved the Observation Lounge so much and used it extensively as a family space. We raved about it so much last year when we returned that my cousin and his wife immediately booked with us - they are also on the 15th floor, port side. I could never book on the 13th floor because I am too superstitious. 🙂 

• Like 1

What was the room numer from Deck 15 that is more desirable? I'm still a litle leary as the pool is still on the deck above. I also wish to later get an upgrade, that's if we are offered to bid on one. Thanks for the suggestions. 

Not sure if it's still the case but about a year ago people were complaining about noises on the aft of the ship.  I sailed in October and noticed it in Cagney's/Le Bistro but didn't seem horrible.  But it was apparently more prominent when the ship was going at faster speeds.  I was on 15 mid and it was fine.

I'm back on in November and went low this time:  8 fwd.  I figure it's convenient to most of my favorite bars and restaurants.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Cookie love said:

Which deck selection is better for a balcony? Deck 10, 13, 14 or 15? Most of the options I'm getting is for Aft or front? Any suggestions? I'm a bit scared to be below the pool because I fear too much noise. 

We book Deck 15 near the observation lounge. Quick access to everything we want in the OL. Our own private bar a lot of time. That is where we are for our next three cruises (on Joy’s sister ships) this spring and summer. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, BirdTravels said:

We book Deck 15 near the observation lounge. Quick access to everything we want in the OL. Our own private bar a lot of time. That is where we are for our next three cruises (on Joy’s sister ships) this spring and summer. 

You must be sound sleepers because that location puts you right under the pool deck.

We  were on the Joy last September and were on Deck 14.  It was a Haven category, so a different cabin experience.  But to answer your question, I too, do not like to be under the pool and I like a midship cabin.   It was a perfect location regarding noise.  We are sailing again on July 1st to Bermuda and Orlando, in a Club Balcony Suite on Deck 14 with a central location.  It should be fine.  I did not find the elevators particularly crowded.  We liked the look of the Observation deck, even though it required an elevator ride to get there.

• Like 1