Taking naps during your RC cruise?

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah, had my Neighbor decide sit on his Balcony and watch Soccer on TV. This as we went threw Panama Canal. By time we entered the 3rd lock Security had in off and back in his Cabin

Fotboll tends to make the most intellectual minds turn to mush. Guilty as charged. 😬

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

Fotboll tends to make the most intellectual minds turn to mush. Guilty as charged. 😬

Soccer and Football are very different 

Welcome to America 🇺🇸 

8 hours ago, Toddcan said:

Do you take naps on a cruise? I'm not talking about a 10 minute cat-nap in your lounger at the pool - I'm talking a full minimum 1hr snooze fest , lights out nap. Could be on your lounger on your balcony, or in bed.  

No right or wrong answer, just looking for experiences and opinions.  

We will usually have at least one ~2hr nap during a 7 day cruise. Personally, I LOVE the feeling of waking up out of a deep-sleep nap realizing I am still onboard, and I am feeling super refreshed.  

I recognize others will say things like "I'll sleep when I am dead" or that they cannot use their drink package when they sleep... each to their own. 

Absolutely! After dinner, I nap and rally. 

As a person who cannot get to sleep during the day, I envy those who can.   Even if I am really tired I end up just lying there without getting to sleep.  Annoys me that I can't.

11 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

Yeah in Oct my Neighbor decided sit on his Balcony and watch Soccer on TV. This as we went threw Panama Canal. By time we entered the 3rd lock Security had in off and back in his Cabin

I'm slightly confused. What's wrong with watching futbol? If I were security, I'd sit down and watch with the guy! Unless you mean he actually put the TV on his balcony. I can understand the issue with that!

I've never been much of a napper, but if we are on a lounge chair in the afternoon ("reading") I've been known to doze off. If I'm in a dark theatre, with a comfy chair, it's a knockout punch for me. Fell asleep on Mama Mia on our last cruise. 

2 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

I'm slightly confused. What's wrong with watching futbol? If I were security, I'd sit down and watch with the guy! Unless you mean he actually put the TV on his balcony. I can understand the issue with that!

Here it was out on the Balcony, Yahoo actually had TV on the Balcony! Ship sitting not moving, almost all 2000 passengers are outside watching Canal doors open/shut. All everyone can hear is TV echoing. Other CC Members have mention similar issues when Passengers bring along portable speakers playing music on Balcony.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ONECRUISER said:

Here it was out on the Balcony, Yahoo actually had TV on the Balcony! Ship sitting not moving, almost all 2000 passengers are outside watching Canal doors open/shut. All everyone can hear is TV echoing. Other CC Members have mention similar issues when Passengers bring along portable speakers playing music on Balcony.

Wow! I suppose it's not quite as bad as the bed that migrated out to the balcony, but still! Sheeeeeesh! I get being bored, but just sit on your couch, look out the window, and enjoy the TV/scenery. 

On 3/8/2023 at 12:43 PM, Cruise5life said:

Love May naps.     On my 29 days at sea in January they came in handy. 
and my new hammock was perfect for it.  
unfortunately I was only Able to use it on my 15 days through panama.    

F78C63C3-1A3D-4142-9834-5E182C12CFD4.jpeg

Hold up!  I have a hammock like this one for my hiking and some camping trips.  Never considered taking it on my cruises....how do you attach it securely enough to support your weight in it?  No trees on the balcony that I can see....LOL

26 minutes ago, PennyNC said:

Hold up!  I have a hammock like this one for my hiking and some camping trips.  Never considered taking it on my cruises....how do you attach it securely enough to support your weight in it?  No trees on the balcony that I can see....LOL

This was on a different cruise line.    And it had posts from floor to ceiling that I wrapped my straps around.    Never an issue.    
But on other cruise lines they don’t have the same posts.    
So on my 29 days at sea. 3 lines. Only NCl had the posts.   
but after looking at some other peoples setup I could have used it on my msc cruise too.  Just didn’t think about it.  
Here’s a look at the post

A4714A48-CF8D-4790-8C2F-D0076E6E1A48.jpeg

4 hours ago, cruiseny4life said:

Wow! I suppose it's not quite as bad as the bed that migrated out to the balcony, but still! Sheeeeeesh! I get being bored, but just sit on your couch, look out the window, and enjoy the TV/scenery. 

True! Cant believe people would put mattress out there unless was situation like Carnival's Poo Cruise. But yeah until I wrecked his plans he had TV on Balcony feet kicked up with Bucket of Beer so he'd planned on being there while...

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

True! Cant believe people would put mattress out there unless was situation like Carnival's Poo Cruise. But yeah until I wrecked his plans he had TV on Balcony feet kicked up with Bucket of Beer so he'd planned on being there while...

I was on a cruise in January through the Panama Canal and was talking to a girl that was with her family.  
And she was sleeping on the balcony.    From talking to her she was an avid hiker and back packer so I don’t think it was that much of an issue for her. Lolol.  

5 hours ago, ONECRUISER said:

How did he get a tv on the balcony?….

I had a guy next to me that would leave his door open and listening to Fox News. With the volume so loud you could here it for balcony’s away.    
every day and night. It was so obnoxious.  
 I’d break out me wireless speaker and turn on some 5 Finger Death Punch.   And he would slam his door closed.     
but after 2 days of doing that I didn’t want to ruin it for everyone else close by.    So I did call and complain.     

turns out so did the neighbor on the other side of him.    
land the guy told him to F off.   And threatened him.    
he called security and it took an hour to get the guy out of that room and relocated him.     
after 5 days of Fox News I was finally able to read on my balcony in peace.  

5258DB7A-B2FB-4E3B-8DB2-6AEBDE3C8C08.jpeg

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

How did he get a tv on the balcony?….

I had a guy next to me that would leave his door open and listening to Fox News. With the volume so loud you could here it for balcony’s away.    
every day and night. It was so obnoxious.  
 I’d break out me wireless speaker and turn on some 5 Finger Death Punch.   And he would slam his door closed.     
but after 2 days of doing that I didn’t want to ruin it for everyone else close by.    So I did call and complain.     

turns out so did the neighbor on the other side of him.    
land the guy told him to F off.   And threatened him.    
he called security and it took an hour to get the guy out of that room and relocated him.     
after 5 days of Fox News I was finally able to read on my balcony in peace.  

5258DB7A-B2FB-4E3B-8DB2-6AEBDE3C8C08.jpeg

One waits so many days to enjoy the peace and quiet on a balcony cabin as the ship makes beautiful white noise as it travels through the water. I can imagine your tranquility in the hammock. 

Da dont,......da dont,......da dont,..da dont... DA DAH!

Every thing just goes completely south as your cabin neighbor shows no mercy.

I have yet to go through this situation and I am not sure how I would react. In any case, my wife, with her kind words and firm wisdom, will keep me out of jail. 🤣

She is the only person who can disarm me with one glance.

Then again, if that person wakes her out of a wonderful, refreshing, and sound nap recharging session, than I might need to hold her back from a crime of passion. 😬

1 hour ago, Engineroom Snipe said:

One waits so many days to enjoy the peace and quiet on a balcony cabin as the ship makes beautiful white noise as it travels through the water. I can imagine your tranquility in the hammock. 

Da dont,......da dont,......da dont,..da dont... DA DAH!

Every thing just goes completely south as your cabin neighbor shows no mercy.

I have yet to go through this situation and I am not sure how I would react. In any case, my wife, with her kind words and firm wisdom, will keep me out of jail. 🤣

She is the only person who can disarm me with one glance.

Then again, if that person wakes her out of a wonderful, refreshing, and sound nap recharging session, than I might need to hold her back from a crime of passion. 😬

After chatting with the neighbor of the other side of him.   If I had know he went through so much BS with this guy.  I told him we both could have tag teamed him and tossed him over the balcony and no one would have known.   Lololololol.   

then to add insult to injury.     
I had a favorite seat I like to sit in in the theater.  
well one day for an afternoon seminar on hypnosis.     
guess who was sitting in my seat.      
Yup.   My noisy neighbor.   I was like *****.    
I didn’t go that way and sat behind him about 10 rows and wish I had some popcorn.     Lolol.   

and yes it was very nice going through the Panama Canal on my hammock and just relaxing.    
just wish I could have hung it on the other 2 ships I was on for that trip.   

ECF872BF-19D5-44DF-9F52-F00492CAC916.jpeg