Taking naps during your RC cruise?

Do you take naps on a cruise? I'm not talking about a 10 minute cat-nap in your lounger at the pool - I'm talking a full minimum 1hr snooze fest , lights out nap. Could be on your lounger on your balcony, or in bed.  

No right or wrong answer, just looking for experiences and opinions.  

We will usually have at least one ~2hr nap during a 7 day cruise. Personally, I LOVE the feeling of waking up out of a deep-sleep nap realizing I am still onboard, and I am feeling super refreshed.  

I recognize others will say things like "I'll sleep when I am dead" or that they cannot use their drink package when they sleep... each to their own. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

I haven't been on RC yet (JUNE!) but i've taken naps on cruises before. I like my sleep and if I'm tired, I'm not having a good time. Last year I fell out for a good hour on our balcony. Woke up more refreshed than normal which was nice. 

• Like 3

Yep! I don't nap at home. I get up early (7ish) and workout, eat breakfast then I may head to the pool for a few hours. Then often I'll take a nap before getting reading for the evening. If I'm doing an excursion I may come back, shower and nap. When I cruise as a vacation, it is primarily to recharge, rest and relax.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

19 minutes ago, Toddcan said:

Personally, I LOVE the feeling of waking up out of a deep-sleep nap realizing I am still onboard, and I am feeling super refreshed.  

No nappy time for us. Not even on a sea day. We feel that way each morning after a good nights sleep on the ship. 

Edited by davekathy

17 minutes ago, davekathy said:

No nappy time for us. Not even on a sea day. We feel that way each morning after a good nights sleep on the ship. 

Dave is a high-energy guy though 🙂

• Haha 1

I was on a transatlantic cruise last year (Oceania) where the guy next door decided that after lunch was the perfect time to practice his saxophone.  Uh, no.  After lunch is nap time.  I had to complain to Guest Services and they told him to shut up.  

• Haha 6

1 hour ago, roupa said:

Love my naps!!!

…if lucky enough to have a balcony… open the slider!

…just be sure to close it before opening the room door or SLAMMMM!😲😲

Yeah this happened to me... Came back from trivia while wife napping with balcony door open, and SLAMMMM, she's awake!

• Haha 4

46 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

Love May naps.     On my 29 days at sea in January they came in handy. 
and my new hammock was perfect for it.  
unfortunately I was only Able to use it on my 15 days through panama.    

How did you hang that hammock?

Why could you only use it through Panama?

I'm assuming Panama, meaning the canal...You had a 15 day itinerary through the canal?

What is hooked on the railing of your balcony?

48 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

Love May naps.     On my 29 days at sea in January they came in handy. 
and my new hammock was perfect for it.  
unfortunately I was only Able to use it on my 15 days through panama.    

F78C63C3-1A3D-4142-9834-5E182C12CFD4.jpeg

Is that a phone mount on the rail there? If so, mind sharing what the make and model is? It looks like an awesome little gadget!

24 minutes ago, chazzinator8 said:

Is that a phone mount on the rail there? If so, mind sharing what the make and model is? It looks like an awesome little gadget!

That's my GoPro set up.   

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

11 minutes ago, wolfcathorse said:

absolutely. It's the first thing DH does on embarkation day while we're waiting for luggage delivery. I nap after eating breakfast...drinking...lunch....drinking...sunbathing....drinking....dinner....drinking

Maybe if there wasn’t so much drinking there wouldn’t be so many naps.   Lolol.  Just sayin.  Lol.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 2