1st World Problem Vent :) Non-Vines customers camping out in Vines

tuckerboxbill

On 3/13/2023 at 7:12 PM, Mike45LC said:

Where is this "seating only be open to people who are actively making use of the amenities of the Vines Bar" written?  This thread is the only suggestion of this "rule" I've ever seen.  Did I miss a FAQ or Guideline from Princess? 

It's under the "My FAQ" guideline....

• Haha 1

23 hours ago, DallasGuy75219 said:

My bigger pet peeve is actually people camping out at tables at the buffet on scenic cruise days, like the Panana Canal or Glacier Bay. 

It's not just the inconvenience of not being able to drink your wine at your preferred table at Vines but the fact that sometimes you can't find any empty table to eat at because the campers are taking up so many tables with their sightseeing, card games, and 3-hour coffees.  On the Grand class at least, the buffet seating areas are not that wide, and the campers can easily fill 1/3 of the tables when they camp out at all the tables with the best views.

My sentiments exactly!

17 hours ago, Knickearth said:

My friends and I for so many years have gone to the vines before going to dinner.  We order a bottle of wine and have the sushi or tapas.  When we noticed about five or six years ago many non drinkers sitting in the vines at a high useage time we spoke to the staff.  We suggested they put out signs saying “seating for cruisers enjoying wine from 4 to 7 pm”

we were told they couldn’t that.  My reply was this is where princess could make money but chooses not to.  Makes no sense.  All of us stopped going that year to the vines.  

I guess that you showed them.  Maybe really show Princess by cruising RCL or Norwegian.

• Haha 1

On 3/14/2023 at 7:22 AM, tuckerboxbill said:

Yeah yeah, 1st world problem, but I'd like to vent! 🙂
Non-Vines customers taking up the window seats in Vines for hours on end, sleeping etc basically camping out and stopping actual Vines customers from using the seats. GRRRR

It's not the Piazza people.

OK, bring the hate! 😁

See what you started!!!

• Haha 1

Oh dear..think we have been breaking protocol.

Good Spirits Bar is our favourite bar..we have the Plus Package but usually only my husband drinks spirits and I drink Wine, a cocktail or a soft drink…should I not sit in Good Spirits Bar ??????

Or perhaps he should sit in Good Spirits and I should sit in Vines when drinking wine and the cabin or in a lifeboat when drinking soft drinks ???

Being serious, I was under the impression  passengers could sit wherever they wanted to except The Sanctuary or Club Class.

Edited by Reina del Mar
  • Like 2

1st time cruiser just wanting to make sure I don't sit in the wrong seat.  So if I booked a club class mini suite does that mean that I can ask someone in a lower cost cabin to move because I preferred seat.  (absolutely kidding) 😲.  This is beyond first world problems.  :classic_ohmy: 

Cruise you own cruise and in the words of a great poet and songwriter,

Breath in, Breath out, Move on.

Edited by NWA395
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, NWA395 said:

1st time cruiser just wanting to make sure I don't sit in the wrong seat.  So if I booked a club class mini suite does that mean that I can ask someone in a lower cost cabin to move because I preferred seat.  (absolutely kidding) 😲.

It depends on Loyalty Statis as well.  There is a complex algebraic formula in the Medallian App.  Input both persons’ loyalty level, the cabin category, the seat location, the drinks being ordered and various other variables and the App MIGHT call Security to evict the trespassing low-life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

So if I understand correctly, all other loyalty level being equal, someone ordering an "Old Fashioned" would in all likelihood, be able to evict a "Cosmopolitan" drinker from ones preferred seat.  :classic_laugh::classic_laugh::classic_laugh:

Edited by NWA395
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mike45LC said:

It depends on Loyalty Statis as well.  There is a complex algebraic formula in the Medallian App.  Input both persons’ loyalty level, the cabin category, the seat location, the drinks being ordered and various other variables and the App MIGHT call Security to evict the trespassing low-life.

Would we be considered low-life and be possibly ejected from our seats if we went to Vines and ordered a glass of Mad Dog 20/20?

• Haha 3

7 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

Why not challenge the sitters to Rock, Paper Scissors? Old school and less complicated. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, roadster08 said:

Why not challenge the sitters to Rock, Paper Scissors? Old school and less complicated. 

Well the scissors allowed on board probably can't cut paper, and you can't bring a big enough rock to smash the scissors.......

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, Bobbiegentry said:

I’d happily buy a round for you. 

Sadly, thanks to "the package", this age old very sociable gesture is just not as much fun as it used to be. ☹️☹️.  I miss the days when it really meant something to offer to buy someone a drink. 

4 hours ago, Potstech said:

The perceived entitlement of a few to the detriment of the many is out in force lately.

But I don't know which side is which!  Both sides feel entitled to sit at Vines.  Who are the "few" and who are the" many"?

2 hours ago, Mike45LC said:

But I don't know which side is which!  Both sides feel entitled to sit at Vines.  Who are the "few" and who are the" many"?

Decisions decisions.  Who is right and who is not.  So many unanswered questions that have no answer.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Potstech said:

Decisions decisions.  Who is right and who is not.  So many unanswered questions that have no answer.

Lately, that is how I feel about Princess altogether.  There has been so many changes that my head is spinning.  I am one of those people that don't do well with changes (OCD???? tendencies...)

One answer...10 more questions.  

Thanks to everyone for your "valuable" inputs.