1st World Problem Vent :) Non-Vines customers camping out in Vines

tuckerboxbill

23 hours ago, NWA395 said:

1st time cruiser just wanting to make sure I don't sit in the wrong seat.  So if I booked a club class mini suite does that mean that I can ask someone in a lower cost cabin to move because I preferred seat.  (absolutely kidding) 😲.  This is beyond first world problems.  :classic_ohmy: 

Cruise you own cruise and in the words of a great poet and songwriter,

Breath in, Breath out, Move on.

This song has become by ballad!

• Like 1

On 3/14/2023 at 8:30 PM, geocruiser said:

I never said that I don't want service.  I said "Just a question:  Where on the ship (other than my cabin) can a person sit without a waiter asking you if you want a drink?  Every where on board that I have been to, sooner or later I am asked"

Grab a cocktail napkin and put it on the table in front of you. That’s the sign to other wait staff that you’ve already ordered and are waiting on your drink, or that you don’t want a drink. They will leave you alone. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, polmcs said:

Grab a cocktail napkin and put it on the table in front of you. That’s the sign to other wait staff that you’ve already ordered and are waiting on your drink, or that you don’t want a drink. They will leave you alone. 

Yes, I have seen that with the napkin. 

I have been pondering this thread since OP started it...I do understand the frustration of not being able to find a spot in the wine bar to order wine....on the other hand, on our current Hawai'i cruise my favorite entertainers (ELUA...AKA TIki Dave & Leialoha) have regularly been scheduled in the Piazza so I have never been able to sit & listen to a whole set because there is barely any seating...Princess uses the Piazza as an entertainment venue & has not published or posted any rules (like the ones about deck seating so...if I find a seat it seems reasonable to me to use it)...I can go to a show in the Explorers lounge without ordering a drink...I can go every day to Wheelhouse bar for 'ukulele class without ordering a drink...I have even on other ships (gasp) done crafts in the Crown Grill or Sabatini's without ordering food...(in my mind if Princess schedules an activity in a venue it then becomes an activity venue as much as a bar/dining or whatever venue)...they are back to serving drinks in the Theater so would that be a revenue generating venue where my non-alcohol enjoying behavior makes me unwelcome? 

This early morning before we get off the ship (Crown) I went down to count the seating...the center part of the Piazza has 26 spots to sit (tables & little loveseat things), the international cafe has 12...Vines has 24 at small tables, 8 tall stools at one large table & 8 bar stools...Good Spirits has 8 bar stools, 17 chairs around tables & bench seating for maybe 10 if they get really cozy...in you add in the planter edges where people often sit around the Piazza that adds at most 20 more spots (again if people are really cozy) all those seats together are not enough seating for the events they schedule there...as many have said it is a Princess problem not a fellow guest problem.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, travelin.sisters said:

I have been pondering this thread since OP started it...I do understand the frustration of not being able to find a spot in the wine bar to order wine....on the other hand, on our current Hawai'i cruise my favorite entertainers (ELUA...AKA TIki Dave & Leialoha) have regularly been scheduled in the Piazza so I have never been able to sit & listen to a whole set because there is barely any seating...Princess uses the Piazza as an entertainment venue & has not published or posted any rules (like the ones about deck seating so...if I find a seat it seems reasonable to me to use it)...I can go to a show in the Explorers lounge without ordering a drink...I can go every day to Wheelhouse bar for 'ukulele class without ordering a drink...I have even on other ships (gasp) done crafts in the Crown Grill or Sabatini's without ordering food...(in my mind if Princess schedules an activity in a venue it then becomes an activity venue as much as a bar/dining or whatever venue)...they are back to serving drinks in the Theater so would that be a revenue generating venue where my non-alcohol enjoying behavior makes me unwelcome? 

This early morning before we get off the ship (Crown) I went down to count the seating...the center part of the Piazza has 26 spots to sit (tables & little loveseat things), the international cafe has 12...Vines has 24 at small tables, 8 tall stools at one large table & 8 bar stools...Good Spirits has 8 bar stools, 17 chairs around tables & bench seating for maybe 10 if they get really cozy...in you add in the planter edges where people often sit around the Piazza that adds at most 20 more spots (again if people are really cozy) all those seats together are not enough seating for the events they schedule there...as many have said it is a Princess problem not a fellow guest problem.

and there are people sitting (mostly sleeping in the piazza  chairs) and never seem to leave.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travelin.sisters said:

all those seats together are not enough seating for the events they schedule there...as many have said it is a Princess problem not a fellow guest problem.

I agree completely. Unfortunately, the lack of seating forces guests to stand on the stairs, generally by the railings, which also prevents people from holding on to the railings if they are walking up or down the stairs at the same time. It’s hardly a prudent option considering the relative age of Princess guests. It’s been at least ten years since Princess has adopted the “Piazza as another entertainment venue” approach (Zumba is the worst use, I think), and I really think it diminishes what is really a gorgeous area best suited for small musical ensembles playing quietly in the background. 

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/14/2023 at 6:01 AM, Knickearth said:

My friends and I for so many years have gone to the vines before going to dinner.  We order a bottle of wine and have the sushi or tapas.  When we noticed about five or six years ago many non drinkers sitting in the vines at a high useage time we spoke to the staff.  We suggested they put out signs saying “seating for cruisers enjoying wine from 4 to 7 pm”

we were told they couldn’t that.  My reply was this is where princess could make money but chooses not to.  Makes no sense.  All of us stopped going that year to the vines.  

You boycotted Vines for the year because non-drinkers were sitting there and Princess wouldn't put out a sign for you.  Seems kind of over the top.   I wonder how things would have been better for you had wine drinkers been occupying those same seats.   

• Like 1