Boarding with the App

Eagle329

5 minutes ago, Eagle329 said:

How many days prior to your cruise does the app open up for boarding?

Do you mean check-in?  Yes, that is approximately 45 days from the sail date, and you can find the actual date on the app.  Be aware that it sometimes does not open until the day after that.

I found it easier to just have a paper print out.   It is rather difficult to try to open your phone, get to the app, hand them your passport and contend with carry ons and etc.    

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, jargey3000 said:

can you sort of do both? on the app, but also have the paper on hand?

Yes. I have both but always use the paper copies as I don't want to be that person holding up the line fumbling with my phone due to operator error or phone connection issues. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, cruisestitch said:

One suggestion would be to simply take a photo (screenshot) of the boarding pass. Then you don’t need to worry about connection issues.

I have done that but you still end up fumbling around with the phone and possibly dropping it.  

Easier and quicker to have the paper in your hand along with the ID needed.  Then don’t put it away as they will want may want to see it again.   We asked if we needed it again and was told no go to go.  WRONG. 

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cruisestitch said:

One suggestion would be to simply take a photo (screenshot) of the boarding pass. Then you don’t need to worry about connection issues.

I add my boarding passes to my Apple Wallet, same with air travel.

4 hours ago, Eagle329 said:

How many days prior to your cruise does the app open up for boarding?

We booked our upcoming cruise last September but our ability to check-in via the app only started roughly 30 days before we depart, March 27. (Sorry, I can't recall the exact date it became available, but trust I checked the app regularly.)

This also happened on our cruise last September, i.e., roughly 30 days before we could check in via the app. In my experience, the 45-day rule isn't hard and fast, so I didn't stress this time the way I did last autumn!

cjr

5 hours ago, jargey3000 said:

can you sort of do both? on the app, but also have the paper on hand?

That's what we do, but I completely agree that it is much easier to just hand them the paper.  I learned that the hard way.  Our printer can print 2-sided, so we only have to hand over 1 sheet.  The phone never has to leave our pockets.

• Like 1

A related question if you don’t mind. How can a photo be added to the check in after the fact. Didn’t want to take a selfie as suggested by the app  but wanted to upload a stored photo another day. Now I can’t get back to that part of check in.  Thank you!

2 minutes ago, insley said:

A related question if you don’t mind. How can a photo be added to the check in after the fact. Didn’t want to take a selfie as suggested by the app  but wanted to upload a stored photo another day. Now I can’t get back to that part of check in.  Thank you!

Yes.  You should be able to edit the app at any time and add a stored picture.  Can have them snap photo at boarding too.

4 minutes ago, insley said:

You can do it through a browser. Sign in and select Check-In. Then edit your info.

I gave up on the photo and no longer do it.   It takes 2 secs for them to do it.  

Why I no longer do it?   When I did it they would want to take another one at the port, so why bother?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

• Like 2

1 minute ago, miched said:

I gave up on the photo and no longer do it.   It takes 2 secs for them to do it.  

Why I no longer do it?   When I did it they would want to take another one at the port, so why bother?

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

Just practice taking selfies til you get the hang of it😂. I keep trying for one that makes me look 40🙃

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, jelayne said:

Just practice taking selfies til you get the hang of it😂. I keep trying for one that makes me look 40🙃

That was our problem.   They said it didn’t look like us. 🤷‍♂️.  Don’t understand it because I used our wedding photos.  It was definitely us.  We were there and the photo is proof.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅