No 3 or 4 person cabins available Oasis of the Seas Jan 21 2024

RickyG

So, booked a double cabin on Oasis of the Seas for Jan 21 2024. Now the SIL and family of 4 want to go and there are zero 3 or 4 person cabins available in any category including suites. I know they can get 2 cabins for the 4 of them, but I have never seen where every 3 & 4 person cabins are booked for a cruise 10 months away especially for late January when schools and colleges are in session. Any ideas? Also, the Jan 7. 14, & 28 all have 3 & 4 person cabins available in all category's, but NONE for the Jan 21 cruise. I looked online for a themed cruise but see can't find anything for that week. Makes no sense to me??

Good idea and she did try 😞 . SIL called RCL customer service and they said nothing available. Recommended booking two double cabins. Really don't want to do that with the kids. Very odd this far out.

9 minutes ago, RickyG said:

Good idea and she did try 😞 . SIL called RCL customer service and they said nothing available. Recommended booking two double cabins. Really don't want to do that with the kids. Very odd this far out.

Is that Yeshiva week? If so, that could be it--tons of families and kids.  

ETA:  these were this year's dates. I think it impacts some restaurants and other areas of the ship as well.  

May be an image of 1 person and text

Edited by rockmom

1 hour ago, RickyG said:

So, booked a double cabin on Oasis of the Seas for Jan 21 2024. Now the SIL and family of 4 want to go and there are zero 3 or 4 person cabins available in any category including suites. I know they can get 2 cabins for the 4 of them, but I have never seen where every 3 & 4 person cabins are booked for a cruise 10 months away especially for late January when schools and colleges are in session. Any ideas? Also, the Jan 7. 14, & 28 all have 3 & 4 person cabins available in all category's, but NONE for the Jan 21 cruise. I looked online for a themed cruise but see can't find anything for that week. Makes no sense to me??

Anyway, if it's not Yeshiva week and that's the ship they are using, something else is going on for sure.  All suites are totally sold out as well.  

33 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Plus every kid in the US is out of school that week. Yeshiva week is the 18th.

Huh?? Not in my state. I've never heard of schools taking a week off for Yeshiva. They just got back from <strike>Christmas</strike> Winter break. They're not going to come back for a week and then take another week off. 

Maybe Jewish religious schools, but not public schools. After they return after New Years, they get Martin Luther King Day, and then the next day off is President's Day.

Edited by RobInMN
  • Like 1

12 hours ago, rockmom said:

Anyway, if it's not Yeshiva week and that's the ship they are using, something else is going on for sure.  All suites are totally sold out as well.  

Yup yeshiva, I experienced it this year on Oasis and couldn't believe the number of kids on board.  Solarium Bistro was designated kosher only, so was unavailable to any one else that week. 

11 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

2800 cabins on Oasis, only 520 can hold 3 or more.  They sell out quick. Plus every kid in the US is out of school that week. Yeshiva week is the 18th.

Oh, you're familiar with the schedules of every school in all fifty states?  🙄  Try again.  

Honestly, I'd never even heard of Yeshiva Week until a couple months ago when people were complaining about it on one of the ships...   

• Like 1

11 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

2800 cabins on Oasis, only 520 can hold 3 or more.  They sell out quick. Plus every kid in the US is out of school that week. Yeshiva week is the 18th.

Yeshiva week occurs for Jewish private schools, it's not statewide. Kids in all states are certainly  not out of school that week, unless it overlaps Martin Luther King birthday which on a Monday. That may influence how many families are on a cruise ship. 

13 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

First, not every school is out, in fact the majority are not out, they will have just returned from 'winter/holiday' break.   If you look at the flyer I posted from this year's Yeshiva cruises, you will see this--that that had two, back to back, to cover the other fact that not all private schools take the same week.  

image.png.aac8230d26c3a93a9221d63a1e49193d.png

20 hours ago, MommaBear55 said:

Yeshiva week occurs for Jewish private schools, it's not statewide. Kids in all states are certainly  not out of school that week, unless it overlaps Martin Luther King birthday which on a Monday. That may influence how many families are on a cruise ship. 

Agree. Then when my Kds were in School and me in the Military our Cruises and Orlando Trips were always week around Fed Holidays. Though I heard of the Yeshiva week yrs ago here on CC

• Like 1

We are booked on Wonder on Jan. 28, 2024. Since Wonder did B2B Yeshiva cruises last year, where could I find info on what will happen in 2024?  We accidentally sailed on this week a few years ago on Oasis.  We didn't have any venues (Solarium Bistro) closed and really had no issues.  Perhaps the group is much larger now.  I don't care to cruise with any extremely large group on a cruise.  Too much of a chance that they will impact the venues and enjoyment of the cruise.  

On 3/18/2023 at 10:10 AM, rockmom said:

First, not every school is out, in fact the majority are not out, they will have just returned from 'winter/holiday' break.   If you look at the flyer I posted from this year's Yeshiva cruises, you will see this--that that had two, back to back, to cover the other fact that not all private schools take the same week.  

Exactly. The shcools usually do it in January but it is a school break. It is not a religious holiday. The private schools pick the week  that suits them. The only way to avoid is not book in January. The cruises are not only on Royal Caribbean. They book them on NJCL too. 

3 hours ago, RoperDK said:

We accidentally sailed on this week a few years ago on Oasis.  We didn't have any venues (Solarium Bistro) closed and really had no issues.  Perhaps the group is much larger now. 

What sometimes they do is book two weeks. The first week is smaller. I was on Harmony of the Seas and the solarium was not turned into a kosher restaurant. Probably the group was too small to take over the Solarium that week.The big Yeshiva week was the following week and I heard they took it over that week..

Edited by Charles4515
  • Thanks 1

We're booked on the Harmony in Jan 2024, out of Galveston.  It is very hard to book a room on it already.  

However, I wouldn't give up, check often.  I'm not sure but I believe that there was or possibly still is, a time that TAs (ma & pop TAs and big box TAs) could block off several cabins, and if they don't get sold by X amount of days, they are returned to the cruise line for sale.  No matter what, I'd keep checking.  Anything may happen.  

3 minutes ago, Ret MP said:

We're booked on the Harmony in Jan 2024, out of Galveston.  It is very hard to book a room on it already.  

However, I wouldn't give up, check often.  I'm not sure but I believe that there was or possibly still is, a time that TAs (ma & pop TAs and big box TAs) could block off several cabins, and if they don't get sold by X amount of days, they are returned to the cruise line for sale.  No matter what, I'd keep checking.  Anything may happen.  

Yes, good advice. Some travel agencies may have space bocked that will be returned. When we participated in group cruises the group sometimes had a some cabins that were returned to the cruise line.. 

On 3/18/2023 at 10:10 AM, rockmom said:

image.png.aac8230d26c3a93a9221d63a1e49193d.png

I'm hoping that that holiday doesn't affect sailings out of Galveston, that's the week we are cruising out of there, Jan 14 - Jan 21, 2021.  I understand it's more of an east coast thing.  I don't have a problem with the religious holiday, just the masses of kids. I booked my cruise long before I ever heard of this holiday.  I love most kosher foods, BTW.