GSC - Silver Cove, 2 Questions

Hi all,

We’re considering a villa at Silver Cove. Hoping you can help me out with two questions.

1. What is the difference between a lagoon villa and the ocean villa?
2. Does anybody know if there are hairdryers in the villas? DW Would like to shower there, but wants a hairdryer.

Thanks in advance.

1 hour ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

Hi all,

We’re considering a villa at Silver Cove. Hoping you can help me out with two questions.

2. Does anybody know if there are hairdryers in the villas? DW Would like to shower there, but wants a hairdryer.

Thanks in advance.

The Ocean Villa is closer to the main part of the Island.  The Lagoon Villa is the furthest from the ship and closest to the Villa amenities (restaurant, bar, etc.).

I'm sorry, neither of us can say for certain if there is a hairdryer in the bathroom (picture DH took doesn't encompass the entire room).

• Like 1

The Ocean Villas do not have access to the Lagoon, but rather, are Oceanfront. You still get access to the restaurant etc and all other amenities. Structurally, the Ocean Villas and the Lagoon Villas are identical. From my experience, there was not a hairdryer. 

Here is a video of the Lagoon Villa (which will be very similar, structurally, to the Ocean Villa)

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies.  I kind of figured out the Ocean vs. Lagoon, it's just not clear when looking at bookings through NCL.

Thanks for the no hairdryer info - DW will not be happy about that.  So much so that it could be a deal breaker!

I always appreciate everyone on here who shares their knowledge.  Thank you!

9 hours ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

Hi all,

Thanks in advance.

We were just in a Lagoon Villa 2 weeks ago--I did not see any blow dryer in the bathroom. Just body wash and conditioning shampoo in the shower. 

• Like 1

We booked a lagoon villa last October. I hemmed and hawed about spending the money, but we are introverts and like the quiet. It was perfect for us, and I was glad I spent the money. Only two other lagoon villas were in use. The water on the lagoon is super calm and great for swimming peacefully, which is why we booked on the lagoon side. It’s farther, but it’s all relative— the lagoon villas are not out on the boonies or anything. It’s totally walkable, and they shuttle you on golf carts anyway.

Having a safe and a place to put stuff, as well as our own bathroom, which was generously sized, was nice, and the buffet was nearly empty in Silver Cove. The food there was WAY better than the food on the buffet on the ship.

Anyway, I don’t recall seeing a blow dryer. As stated already, there are toiletries and towels for you to use, though. It was “regular” shampoo, conditioner, and body wash, though, not the Haven stuff. We didn’t use the shower, but the water pressure in the sink seemed fine.

• Like 2

On 3/18/2023 at 3:43 PM, romalley99 said:

The Ocean Villas do not have access to the Lagoon, but rather, are Oceanfront. You still get access to the restaurant etc and all other amenities. Structurally, the Ocean Villas and the Lagoon Villas are identical. From my experience, there was not a hairdryer. 

Here is a video of the Lagoon Villa (which will be very similar, structurally, to the Ocean Villa)

Lovely, lovely video! 

GSC Silver Villa is our splurge for our vacation (well..aside from the Haven itself, of course). 

Was last there in Nov 2019 right before the pandemic shut everything down. Cannot wait to go back and thank you for the quick glimpse into what I am hoping will be an awesome day (crossing my fingers for good tendering weather). 

Warmest, Amy

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Maleficent's Dad said:

Thanks for the no hairdryer info - DW will not be happy about that.  So much so that it could be a deal breaker!

Hairdryer or not I would jump on villa if it's available.   When we booked all the umbrellas, clamshells, cabanas and villas were sold out.  There were like 3 chairs there were shady for about an hour.  I was miserable and went back to the ship after a few hours. 

If budget is not an issue get the villa or at the very least some sort of shade.

I know the cabanas come with 4 yellow floats.  Do the villas come with those too?

Also, I assume the waters in the fridge are included in the price.  Can you get more for free, or are those charged to your account if you don’t have the Plus beverage package?

8 minutes ago, sailorusvi said:

Hairdryer or not I would jump on villa if it's available.   When we booked all the umbrellas, clamshells, cabanas and villas were sold out.  There were like 3 chairs there were shady for about an hour.  I was miserable and went back to the ship after a few hours. 

If budget is not an issue get the villa or at the very least some sort of shade.

We pulled the trigger, and DW is thrilled.

I'm taking @buchman67 advice - hairdryer from the room!

Definitely looking forward to it!

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, SunshineGal2022 said:

I know the cabanas come with 4 yellow floats.  Do the villas come with those too?

Also, I assume the waters in the fridge are included in the price.  Can you get more for free, or are those charged to your account if you don’t have the Plus beverage package?

Yes, you get designated floats for your villa.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, SunshineGal2022 said:

There were 3 or four big bunches of the yellow floats neatly placed and spaced apart on the beach in front of our row of cabanas. Each bunch had probably 6 or more. I did not count. No indication of any certain number for each villa, but there were plenty in use and still some left. The water will be replaced as needed. Same with the coffee and coffee supplies. We also asked for more of the salsa that came with chips. No problem getting more of that either.

Edited by Greenpea2
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rbxlady said:

Yes, you get designated floats for your villa.

2 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

There were 3 or four big bunches of the yellow floats neatly placed and spaced apart on the beach in front of our row of cabanas. Each bunch had probably 6 or more. I did not count. No indication of any certain number for each villa, but there were plenty in use and still some left. The water will be replaced as needed. Same with the coffee and coffee supplies. We also asked for more of the salsa that came with chips. No problem getting more of that either.

Thank you both!!

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Hi all, we have booked a GSC ocean villa for a cruise later this year, based on reading other reviews that the ocean villa is closer to the bar, buffet etc.  but i'm concerned with one of the comments that says the ocean villa doesn't have access to the Lagoon - is this true?  i thought you could access both the ocean and the lagoon from any of the villas.  thank you! 🙂

You can swim in the lagoon if you are in the ocean villas.  Your chairs will be on the ocean side, but nothing to stop you from swimming in the lagoon.  The ocean villas are fun since you get to watch the zip liners all day.  The ocean villas previously were 100 cheaper than the lagoon, but since they were just as and sometimes more preferred because of their location, they are the same price now.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, elidance said:

Hi all, we have booked a GSC ocean villa for a cruise later this year, based on reading other reviews that the ocean villa is closer to the bar, buffet etc.  but i'm concerned with one of the comments that says the ocean villa doesn't have access to the Lagoon - is this true?  i thought you could access both the ocean and the lagoon from any of the villas.  thank you! 🙂

When is your sailing?  We are patiently waiting for the reservations to open up for our February 2024 sailing. 

• Like 1

On 3/18/2023 at 3:43 PM, Maleficent's Dad said:

Thanks for the replies.  I kind of figured out the Ocean vs. Lagoon, it's just not clear when looking at bookings through NCL.

I always appreciate everyone on here who shares their knowledge.  Thank you!

could you bring the one from your stateroom in a beach bag?

to vacation44:  our sailing is in November 2023.  trying to find out what i can about the villas to make a decision, but there's not much out there!  it seems like the ships cancel at GSC quite often unfortunately.  fingers crossed we get to go!  hope everyone has a wonderful trip 🙂