Suite question about a perk

Knickearth

We have reserved a regular suite.  I realize we can have the MDR food brought to our cabin.  So my question is, we are traveling with another couple.  Can they join us in our cabin?  Will the ship send 4 dinners to our cabin?

thanks for any responses.

If by regular suite you mean full suite yes, you can order 4 dinners + appetizers etc. and have them brought to your cabin.  Room Service will deliver everything to your cabin at the same time and you are responsible for serving yourself each course so keep that in mind.  Tips are highly appreciated!

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Clampram said:

So this is above and beyond regular room service/ How do you order the food?

There will be menus in your room, at least there was pre-covid. I've just called with my order and it will be delivered to your room. When you call, the person on the other end can tell you're calling from a suite.

12 minutes ago, Clampram said:

So this is above and beyond regular room service/ How do you order the food?

Yes.  You call Room Service to place your order.  Pre-Covid you could ask your steward to deliver the dining room menus to your cabin daily but now you need to find the menus in the Medallion app or on the TV.  Or you can look at the menus that are usually posted outside of the dining rooms or sometimes on a wall outside of the buffet.

Main dining room room service to the stateroom is probably the only suite perk that you can effectively "share" with non-suite passengers. But in the end, it's really just room service with a little better food since everything is delivered at once. You get a pile of food and you need to serve yourself.

21 minutes ago, Clampram said:

Well, I'm glad this was posted cause we didn't know about this perk.

Can I use the Medallion app on my phone while it's in airplane mode?? I am medallion challenged!

Yes, you can use the app when your phone is in airplane mode. Enable airplane then make sure wifi is turned on. Connect to the network. 

Best suite perk IMO 🙂  We used it most nights on our last suite Caribbean cruise.  We had a full sized dining table and ate on the balcony.  People make a big deal out of 'everything being delivered at once'.  I say 'who cares' -- it's MDR food I can eat at my leisure in my swimsuit if I am so inclined.  I don't cook meals by courses at home and am perfectly able to 'serve myself' from room service covered dishes.  

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, Paula_MacFan said:

Best suite perk IMO 🙂  We used it most nights on our last suite Caribbean cruise.  We had a full sized dining table and ate on the balcony.  People make a big deal out of 'everything being delivered at once'.  I say 'who cares' -- it's MDR food I can eat at my leisure in my swimsuit if I am so inclined.  I don't cook meals by courses at home and am perfectly able to 'serve myself' from room service covered dishes.  

I'm with you!!!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Paula_MacFan said:

The "all at once" in my post was a warning since that might bother some folks.  Not us.  We were on a cruise from Singapore and we were in an aft suite.  It was formal night.  I had lobster on the balcony wearing a t-shirt, comfy shorts and flip flops, hubby had a steak dressed similarly.  We had a million dollar view of the sunset.  Life can be very good when living the suite life!

• Like 4

11 minutes ago, azbirdmom said:

The "all at once" in my post was a warning since that might bother some folks.  Not us.  We were on a cruise from Singapore and we were in an aft suite.  It was formal night.  I had lobster on the balcony wearing a t-shirt, comfy shorts and flip flops, hubby had a steak dressed similarly.  We had a million dollar view of the sunset.  Life can be very good when living the suite life!

Sounds like our kind of evening 🙂  My comments weren't directed solely at you-- this comes up every time we discuss MDR room service for suites.  I just don't see what the big deal is -- they deliver any other room service order 'all at once' too.  They also brought us a nice fabric tablecloth each night and a bread basket too.  So much better than schlepping down to the MDR IMO.

• Like 1

We do this often.   When we have had the grand suite, we have had dinner with 6 guests. Many times I would order appetizers first.   We have them with drinks on the balcony.   A little later, I'd order the main course.   And then a third order for dessert.   As someone said, tips are very much appreciated and when you order three times with a large order, I have given nice tips with each order.    It makes a very lovely dinner experience.         If it is just the two of us, I order everything at the same time.  

• Like 2

13 hours ago, azbirdmom said:

lobster on the balcony wearing a t-shirt, comfy shorts and flip flops,

I have never seen a lobster wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops - do you have a photo?🤣🤣🤣

(sorry but I could not resist!)

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

1 hour ago, david63 said:

I have never seen a lobster wearing a t-shirt, shorts and flip flops - do you have a photo?🤣🤣🤣

(sorry but I could not resist!)

No pictures!  It was the lobster's last wish.  It was his funeral after all 🙂

• Haha 3