Coco Cay Beach Club wait-list?

map92

10 hours ago, map92 said:

We will be at Coco Cay the week if April 9th 2023. I keep checking my planner but the Beach Club is sold out. Wanted to know if there's a wait-list for this?

TIA

Don't waste your money. There is ample loungers on the "public" beaches with all-you-can eat picnic food. We have been to CocoCay 5 times since restart. We went to the Coco Beach Club twice while recovering from knee surgery (we could get a cart from the gangway to the door of the club which is a very short walk to loungers and food). 

A beach lounger is a beach lounger. And a pool is pool. All provided for free in the public areas. No need to pay money for it. And a dried out lobster lunch is not worth $170. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BirdTravels said:

Don't waste your money. There is ample loungers on the "public" beaches with all-you-can eat picnic food. We have been to CocoCay 5 times since restart. We went to the Coco Beach Club twice while recovering from knee surgery (we could get a cart from the gangway to the door of the club which is a very short walk to loungers and food). 

A beach lounger is a beach lounger. And a pool is pool. All provided for free in the public areas. No need to pay money for it. And a dried out lobster lunch is not worth $170. 

4 hours ago, CruisingFromLA said:

$170? LOL. It is currently going for $246 per person for my cruise in 2 weeks. Totally not worth it.

image.png

I had it booked for $58. The cruise was during the global shutdown. On the next cruise that I was going to CocoCay they wanted $226. I couldn't figure out how or what changed to jump so much... We passed on it LOL 

3 hours ago, LilBlackDress said:

I had it booked for $58. The cruise was during the global shutdown. On the next cruise that I was going to CocoCay they wanted $226. I couldn't figure out how or what changed to jump so much... We passed on it LOL 

I had it booked for as low as $46 on Freedom in November of 2021, and at that price I feel that it is worth it.  However there were probably only 40-50 people that had booked it on the day I went, so that is one of the key factors for me saying it was worth it.  I personally would never pay anything over $60 for it now.  I just don't feel that you get that much value from it, but to each his own.

Edited by TheBucketLister
  • Like 2

I asked a customer service rep via Twitter with Royal Caribbean a few weeks ago and she said no, there is no wait list for the Beach Club or other excursions. That was when I was still considering it, despite the price. Afterward, with careful watching of the available excursions, a few spots did come open, and I booked it. But after about 24 hours I changed my mind. It was over $500 for two people and it just didn't seem worth it to me, personally, since I will be with my teenager. I might have felt differently if I was with my husband and we wanted a more serene and upscale place on CocoCay for the day. 

I just saw two spots for the Beach Club come open again yesterday for my April 1 cruise, so just keep watching, several times a day. They do open up. I've seen it happen for my cruise about 5 times now since I started looking four weeks ago. 

To add to what others have stated, I wouldn’t pay more than $50 per person for the beach club. It just isn't worth it in my opinion. If you want a quieter place to enjoy at Coco Cay, you can go to Chill Beach for free. I have been to the upgraded Coco Cay over 20 times and Chill Beach has never been crowded any time I went there. If you want to relax the one area to avoid is the swim up pool area in the Oasis pool. That area reminds me of spring break in Fort Lauderdale a long time ago. 

On 3/18/2023 at 10:12 PM, CruisingFromLA said:

$170? LOL. It is currently going for $246 per person for my cruise in 2 weeks. Totally not worth it.

image.png

$283 for my cruise last week.  And sadly, for all those who bought the day at nearly $600 a couple, it was on and off rain all day.  Many excursions were  cancelled, but not the coco beach club.  Folks we spoke with went in the rain just for lunch and then returned to the ship.  An expensive lunch at that!  

m

Edited by cruisegirl1
  • Like 1

A post about the Coco Cay Beach Club being sold out, followed by multiple posts bemoaning the outrageously high price. 

It's like a real-life lesson in economics! Who said vacations can't be educational and restorative at the same time?

• Haha 1