Room Service Charge morning pot of coffee?

jules815

Sailing on Ascent next year on a transatlantic. We're not in a suite and understand there's now a charge for room service. Fine with that, but would there also be a charge for an early morning pot of coffee/tea and danish basket? Watched a YouTube video last night about current changes on Celebrity (she was on Beyond) and it sounded like something light like that is still included without a service charge. Is that true?

It was free when we were on the Reflection in early January (after the service charge was added). We were in Aqua Class but I don't think that made any difference. You could order continental breakfast for free: fruit, toast, bagel, etc. It worked out fine for us.

Janet

2 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Thanks everyone. Not a big deal if it wasn't, but this is better. 😃

I wish I can get my wife to agree to that sentiment! Every morning I'm off to what ever specialty coffee venue there is on the ship I'm on to get her morning energy inducing elixir. The drip coffee from room service just does not cut it for her.. So off I go.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

1 minute ago, binro01 said:

I wish I can get my wife to agree to that sentiment! Every morning I'm off to what ever specialty coffee venue there is on the ship I'm on to get her morning energy inducing elixir. The drip coffee from room service just does not cut it for her.. So off I go.

Just like my husband. He's used to making lobby runs to the Starbucks at our favorite pre-cruise hotel for his coffee and my morning tea, and he knows just how I like it as well. After 40 years, I guess I'll keep him! 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, jules815 said:

Just like my husband. He's used to making lobby runs to the Starbucks at our favorite pre-cruise hotel for his coffee and my morning tea, and he knows just how I like it as well. After 40 years, I guess I'll keep him! 

Sounds as if your husband is well trained, like me.

• Haha 4

We had a nice hot pot of coffee every morning without charge as continental breakfast is free.  In fact, since we always got a call a few minutes before room service arrived, we used that as our wake-up call.  Just be sure to order it the night before.

• Thanks 1

My husband packs a baseball cap on our cruises solely for the purposes of covering his unruly bedhead when he goes to get coffee for us both every morning. He always brings me coffee in bed at home every morning; why change it up on the cruise? 

• Like 6

On 3/18/2023 at 12:23 PM, mtnlvr53 said:

It was free when we were on the Reflection in early January (after the service charge was added). We were in Aqua Class but I don't think that made any difference. You could order continental breakfast for free: fruit, toast, bagel, etc. It worked out fine for us.

Janet

We were just upgraded to Aqua Class (won bid) and will be on the Solstice on April 1.  What is considered Continental for Aqua Class?  You get an extended menu including eggs and pancakes so do you now need to pay the service charge if you order from it?  It is confusing to me. 

On 3/18/2023 at 10:39 AM, Texed said:

Sounds as if your husband is well trained, like me.

Mine has my tea brewed, so just add ice; he has already had his coffee from being an early-riser.  Of course, my almond croissant is usually an added bonus...it is the Texas in me that prefers the tea😍.  I know that you are also a very well trained hubby!

• Like 1

Your cruise is next year? Everything might change from now until then. When I booked my 2023 cruise in 2022, everything was still included for free room services. Heck, I would even get an enhanced room service breakfast menu for booking concierge. Fast forward to now, and that's all gone except continental breakfast. Who knows what the policy will be in 2024?

On 3/21/2023 at 3:03 PM, Mom39 said:

We were just upgraded to Aqua Class (won bid) and will be on the Solstice on April 1.  What is considered Continental for Aqua Class?  You get an extended menu including eggs and pancakes so do you now need to pay the service charge if you order from it?  It is confusing to me. 

I don't think Continental breakfast is any different for Aqua Class: I took a picture of the menu when we were on the Reflection but cut off everything on the Continental side. All eggs, pancakes, meat, Hashbrowns and smoothies are an upcharge. It is a charge only for the room, not per person.

6 minutes ago, mtnlvr53 said:

I don't think Continental breakfast is any different for Aqua Class: I took a picture of the menu when we were on the Reflection but cut off everything on the Continental side. All eggs, pancakes, meat, Hashbrowns and smoothies are an upcharge. It is a charge only for the room, not per person.

I went back to see your photos!  Thanks.  Maybe the smoothies, custom omelets, and blueberry pancakes are worth it!  I'm looking forward to the cruise.  Appreciate the information from everyone on this board.  It will be my first time on Celebrity and I'm hoping that the room service coffee is better than what it served on HAL and Princess.  And, I'm happy to be on any line and a fan of HAL.  Thanks again and if you enjoyed smoothies, custom omelets, and/or pancakes w/ room service let me know what you thought!

On 3/18/2023 at 1:31 PM, binro01 said:

Haha. Off I go, too. I'm almost always the only wife among the husbands. 

• Haha 1