Favorite Drink no longer available in Fun Shop?

TJ13

The Liquor selection available seems scarce, at best in fun shop these days. Does Carnival even have Jagermeister available any more, either fun shop or at the bars?

What energy drinks do the have?

Any of these items included in Cheers package?

We’ve been looking for Jäegermeister in the funshops as well, have ordered it every cruise. My husband finally called Carnival and they said it’s not coming back. We plan on carrying on Red Bull (not Rockstar fans)  and hopefully find Jager at one of the bars since we have Cheers.

I think they generally have Rockstars, perhaps Red Bulls as well.

The fun shop's liquor selection has been seriously cut down in recent months as the behavioral problems have ratcheted up. You can now only buy 1 bottle of liquor per stateroom, only for cruises longer than 6 days I think.

10 minutes ago, mz-s said:

The fun shop's liquor selection has been seriously cut down in recent months as the behavioral problems have ratcheted up. 

????? liquor bought in the fun shops can not be taken out of the store and are retrieved/delivered either the last night of the cruise or morning of disembarking...I don't think fun ship liquor sales contributed to 'behavioral problems'.

I imagine CCL has found something to go in that space that brings more profit than booze.

Edited by jiggs
word

Just now, jiggs said:

????? liquor bought in the fun shops can not be taken out of the store and are retrieved/delivered either the last night of the cruise or morning of disembarking...I don't think fun ship liquor sales contributed to 'behavioral problems'.

I imagine CCL has found something to go in that space that brings more profit than booze.

I assumed OP meant buying the liquor before the cruise for delivery to their stateroom during embarkation. They seriously limit this and the prices have gone way up.

As far as duty free liquor, that remains as popular as ever but the selection is varied from ship to ship and cruise to cruise so it's tough to say what will be available for a particular sailing (other than perennial favorites like Hennessey White).

17 minutes ago, mz-s said:

I assumed OP meant buying the liquor before the cruise for delivery to their stateroom during embarkation. They seriously limit this and the prices have gone way up.

As far as duty free liquor, that remains as popular as ever but the selection is varied from ship to ship and cruise to cruise so it's tough to say what will be available for a particular sailing (other than perennial favorites like Hennessey White).

Fair enough, I never really consider the online funshops a thing as I don't really pre-order things 🙂

I feel the DF liquor is much more limited on the boat itself, but maybe it is just the recent ships I've sailed on.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mz-s said:

Yes, that’s correct, buying before cruise to have in your stateroom.

37 minutes ago, VentureMan_2000 said:

I think they stopped selling it because Jäegermeister is harder to clean out of the carpet...   😁

Maybe it's because no one ever ordered a bottle of Jager on Carnival to sip it in a genteel manner out of cordial glasses. 😁

14 hours ago, staceyglow said:

Maybe it's because no one ever ordered a bottle of Jager on Carnival to sip it in a genteel manner out of cordial glasses. 😁

I don't think I have EVER seen anyone drink Jaeger in that manner. Most of the time it involves shots drank quickly and at times no so good results. 🤣

I REALLY don't like black licorice so I avoid Jaeger completely lol