Ship with best Solarium

kaz828

42 minutes ago, Tatka said:

For us people from Northeast Anthem’s is the best… Solarium is a reason we started cruising every Thanksgiving and now in January. Her solarium is a destination of itself. 
We live there. 

I especially like it during holiday cruises when there are less couples and more families… Families mostly use adjacent family indoor pool area while we can find loungers in Solarium 🙂 

You're going to love Oddysey when she's up there 🥶

It's so subjective.  We enjoyed Jewel's solarium, but also love Anthem and Oasis class.  The reality is we like all solariums when we can find a lounger in the shade.

• Like 1

Comparing Anthem or Odyssey’s solarium, in your opinion is one better over another?  We love the solarium on Oasis class but want to try a Quantum class specifically for the large solarium. Driving myself crazy going between these two so thanks in advance! 

8 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

You're going to love Oddysey when she's up there 🥶

As much as I like some features on Odyssey, I’m not looking forward to her from Northeast.  Odyssey lacks indoor family pool. Anthem is better in this regard.

When there is indoor family pool:

1. less chance kids get to Solarium

2. it provides buffer zone in colder climate making Solarium warmer in all of its parts. We were comfortably walking to indoor pool area, getting towels. It was warm even if lounger was located closer to en entrance.

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Tatka said:

As much as I like some features on Odyssey, I’m not looking forward to her from Northeast.  Odyssey lacks indoor family pool. Anthem is better in this regard.

When there is indoor family pool:

1. less chance kids get to Solarium

2. it provides buffer zone in colder climate making Solarium warmer in all of its parts. We were comfortably walking to indoor pool area, getting towels. It was warm even if lounger was located closer to en entrance.

Yes, that's my point. Great ship, but putting her in NJ in Winter is a huge disservice. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

Yes, that's my point. Great ship, but putting her in NJ in Winter is a huge disservice. 

I think it’s done not to please north easterners, but because they don’t have another similar ship nearby to make this switch, but need to send Anthem to dry dock. Maybe it’s a temporary change. We have two cruises book for November 2024 and January 2025… Hey, we just returned from Enchantment… that Solarium is no match at all. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Bellacruz54 said:

Comparing Anthem or Odyssey’s solarium, in your opinion is one better over another?  We love the solarium on Oasis class but want to try a Quantum class specifically for the large solarium. Driving myself crazy going between these two so thanks in advance! 

Solariums on Anthem & Odyssey are identical and better than on Oasis. Issue is Anthem has adjacent family indoor pool which makes Solarium less crowded and kids don’t usually get there. Also during really cold weather family pool provides buffer between open deck & Solarium.

9 hours ago, Tatka said:

Solariums on Anthem & Odyssey are identical and better than on Oasis. Issue is Anthem has adjacent family indoor pool which makes Solarium less crowded and kids don’t usually get there. Also during really cold weather family pool provides buffer between open deck & Solarium.

Thank you for your input!  

• Like 1