Ship with best Solarium

kaz828

Have been on Radiance class several times and have never seen the Solarium roof opened....however was surprised that Serenade did open theirs on our PC cruise this past October cause the humidity in there was steamy.

• Like 1

I do not like the design on the Anthem.  While it is a very pretty area with great views, I think it is poorly designed.  The pools are very small.  The hot tubs are divided into two parts each with a divider you have to climb over. More could use the hot tubs if they were larger without the wasted space caused by the divider.

On 3/20/2023 at 10:20 AM, MommaBear55 said:

Quantum class solariums are huge and the views spectacular. On some of that class there is also a covered all ages pool area separate from the Solarium, which makes it better for families and means in cold weather cruises the Solarium will not have designated kid times.

Does this mean that on cold weather cruises ,some ADULT solariums have designated  kid times ?

8 minutes ago, hancock said:

I do not like the design on the Anthem.  While it is a very pretty area with great views, I think it is poorly designed.  The pools are very small.  The hot tubs are divided into two parts each with a divider you have to climb over. More could use the hot tubs if they were larger without the wasted space caused by the divider.

Hot tubs on cruise ships are the last thing I want to get into, but to each his own.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

Does this mean that on cold weather cruises ,some ADULT solariums have designated  kid times ?

Yes, such as those that go to Alaska, Northern Europe and north Atlantic crossings. I've never found them to be intrusive, generally it's cold enough that I'm not in the Solarium anyway. 

1 hour ago, LobsterStalker said:

I will pay attention to the app on my upcoming 5 legs on the Ovation. Although I never noticed it before on the Ovation, I also wasn’t really paying attention. 

21 hours ago, Wineaux007 said:

Hot tubs on cruise ships are the last thing I want to get into, but to each his own.

I rarely use them, either, but it's because they're too crowded and then I have to be weirdly social with utter strangers. Curious why you, and others, don't like them? 

I generally spend some time in hot tubs , usually after getting out of the pools just to boil for a bit to take off the chill , but on our sailing last month on Wonder one of the pools was soooo warm there was no chill to be had . Soo never dipped a toe in the tub all week

It was awesome !

Cheers

Any ship we're on at the time that has a Solarium is my favorite Solarium!  A Bistro doesn't hurt, either.  We're not big pool people, so we don't care if there is a pool or not.  We do enjoy a hot tub though. 

We prefer the radiance/vision class just because they can be closed in cold weather.  Odyssey was good too but has less shade.   My least fav is the Oasis class except we haven’t tried wonder which sounds great.  On the Oasis class it’s hard to find shade and since they are open it’s also hard to enjoy if the weather is cold or rainy. We spend alot of time in the solarium normally.

Edited by cruiselvr04

On 3/20/2023 at 9:35 AM, Thisguylikestocruise said:

I really enjoyed Wonders solarium. They had windows open, so there was a comfortable breeze flowing through. 

I thought I saw windows in pictures.  That's what Odyssey had.  I do love the Solarium on Oasis class ships though!

I really like the solariums on the Radiance class. We board Serenade this weekend and, from the videos, the solarium still looks beautiful and peaceful. The big Lion statues and large pillars makes one feel like they are somewhere in Greece. Very nice touches in there.

• Like 1

On 3/21/2023 at 1:47 AM, Ashland said:

Have been on Radiance class several times and have never seen the Solarium roof opened....however was surprised that Serenade did open theirs on our PC cruise this past October cause the humidity in there was steamy.

I was going to post the same thing. I’ve been docked next to Radiance class ships with the Solarium roof opened but never on a sailing I’ve been on. The humidity can be overbearing. 

On 3/21/2023 at 7:29 AM, LobsterStalker said:

On 3/21/2023 at 9:23 AM, crzndeb said:

I will pay attention to the app on my upcoming 5 legs on the Ovation. Although I never noticed it before on the Ovation, I also wasn’t really paying attention. 

Since Quantum Class has the separate enclosed pool for families, they don’t need to open the solarium to kids in cold weather. Another reason to love Quantum Class. 

We have been on two ships with solariums- the Anthem and the Symphony.  We loved both solarium spaces and thought both ships were beautiful.  I might give an edge to the Symphony because that solarium is so pretty at night (and also because I fell in love with the Central Park space)  

• Like 1

For us people from Northeast Anthem’s is the best… Solarium is a reason we started cruising every Thanksgiving and now in January. Her solarium is a destination of itself. 
We live there. 

I especially like it during holiday cruises when there are less couples and more families… Families mostly use adjacent family indoor pool area while we can find loungers in Solarium 🙂 

Just returned from Enchantment today … Solarium is cute… but we like spaces near large windows more and they have mostly tables with chairs there.

On Oasis Solarium was mostly good, but not good during rain. Roof isn’t solid. 

Edited by Tatka

7 hours ago, d.dee said:

We have been on two ships with solariums- the Anthem and the Symphony.  We loved both solarium spaces and thought both ships were beautiful.  I might give an edge to the Symphony because that solarium is so pretty at night (and also because I fell in love with the Central Park space)  

Did you check Anthem’s solarium at night ? It’s extremely beautiful 

• Like 1