Ship with best Solarium

kaz828

Radiance class and Vison class have solarium roofs that can be opened. Voyager and Freedom class solariums are outdoors. Oasis class ships (other than Wonder have semi open solariums (there are roof structures, but they only partially protect the are from the weather. Wonder's is completely enclosed.

Personal favorites are the ones on Radiance class ships.

NYE2010Cruise 012.JPG

Edited by orville99
  • Like 5

Quantum class solariums are huge and the views spectacular. On some of that class there is also a covered all ages pool area separate from the Solarium, which makes it better for families and means in cold weather cruises the Solarium will not have designated kid times.

• Thanks 1

Quantum class (Anthem, Ovation, etc) is the best for me.  Indoor,  very spacious, multi tiered heated pool and large hot tubs.  Has some greenery.  Solarium bistro nearby and front of ship with great views.  Beautiful at night and relaxing if you go at night when people are at dinner.

Ship also has separate indoor pool for families, so it keeps it quiet and there aren’t people walking through as its at the front of the ship.

Edited by rimmit
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, 6MonthsHere6MonthsThere said:

Allure by far😊😀

Prefer Harmony because they enclosed the deck 14 area, made it part of the Solarium, and added hot tubs and clam shells to that deck. On Oasis and Allure, that area is virtually unusable when at sea.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, orville99 said:

Prefer Harmony because they enclosed the deck 14 area, made it part of the Solarium, and added hot tubs and clam shells to that deck. On Oasis and Allure, that area is virtually unusable when at sea.

We took the TA on Harmony in Oct 2021, and I remember it was cold, wet, and windy up there.  Did they just enclose it recently?

41 minutes ago, Wineaux007 said:

We took the TA on Harmony in Oct 2021, and I remember it was cold, wet, and windy up there.  Did they just enclose it recently?

The solarium on Harmony has always been “semi” enclosed. The roof is not a contiguous solid structure, so wind and rain will get in on deck 15. Deck 14 however is quite well protected.

The only Oasis class ship that is fully enclosed is Wonder.

Edited by orville99

3 hours ago, orville99 said:

The solarium on Harmony has always been “semi” enclosed. The roof is not a contiguous solid structure, so wind and rain will get in on deck 15. Deck 14 however is quite well protected.

The only Oasis class ship that is fully enclosed is Wonder.

Deck 14 is protected, but not enclosed.  If the weather is cold & chilly, it's not a place I would enjoy on a sea day.  I think these ships were built for warmer climates.

Surprised no one has mentioned Harmony's lack of a pool and the flapping plastic roof panels.🤣

Generally the most despised solarium in the fleet. 

I like Odyssey and the open area on Oasis 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, orville99 said:

Radiance class and Vison class have solarium roofs that can be opened. Voyager and Freedom class solariums are outdoors. Oasis class ships (other than Wonder have semi open solariums (there are roof structures, but they only partially protect the are from the weather. Wonder's is completely enclosed.

Personal favorites are the ones on Radiance class ships.

NYE2010Cruise 012.JPG

That is my favorite also! 😎