[URGENT] Wrong gender on E-Tickets and I can't change it

Max1ne

Hi there,

In two days, I'll be embarking on my first ever MSC Cruise. Today, much later than I should have, I sent myself the E-Tickets. I have just been reviewing them and notice that my gender on my account is 'F'. This is a problem as the gender on my passport is 'M'. I looked through the account options to try and change it, but I tried clicking on it and everything but I couldn't change it like anything else, so now its basically stuck of F. The thing is that in the account details section, it doesn't have a * next to it so it isn't required, but does that mean I can have it to the one I prefer and keep it as F? I do want to keep it as F because I am a trans-female, but I'm worried that I could be denied boarding or something like that as it does not match what is on my passport. Does anybody have any experience with this? Thanks

I have sailed 4 MSC cruises. My gender is listed incorrectly.

I have never been able to change it online with MSC.

This has never been an issue when boarding or going through Customs while on a cruise.

I almost forgot about it until I read your post.

Go ahead and have a fabulous cruise.

12 hours ago, Max1ne said:

Hi there,

In two days, I'll be embarking on my first ever MSC Cruise. Today, much later than I should have, I sent myself the E-Tickets. I have just been reviewing them and notice that my gender on my account is 'F'. This is a problem as the gender on my passport is 'M'. I looked through the account options to try and change it, but I tried clicking on it and everything but I couldn't change it like anything else, so now its basically stuck of F. The thing is that in the account details section, it doesn't have a * next to it so it isn't required, but does that mean I can have it to the one I prefer and keep it as F? I do want to keep it as F because I am a trans-female, but I'm worried that I could be denied boarding or something like that as it does not match what is on my passport. Does anybody have any experience with this? Thanks

When I access our booking, in Web check in I have the option to amend personal information. I have the male/female option in there. Do you see this? 

Or you could call MSC or your TA to amend. 

7 minutes ago, mscdivina2016 said:

No! Never call them. Have your TA do it. Nothing good happens when you call.

Not necessarily true.

I have called 3x in the last month--every time resolved perfectly. 2 very quick, one took longer but they kept me updated.

But @Max1ne--Following @CruisingFox27's directions. 

SUPER easy to correct under web checkin online.

Edited by KKB
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, KKB said:

Not necessarily true.

I have called 3x in the last month--every time resolved perfectly. 2 very quick, one took longer but they kept me updated.

But @Max1ne--Following @CruisingFox27

Just my horrendous personal experience over and over again .

Great product, but lousy customer service.

So I stick with a TA and let them deal with it and I don't have to worry anymore.....I hope.

We have had an issue where my husband was listed as female (definitely male) and I somehow ended up with his middle name of Henry.

The information was correct in the MSC reservation system but was wrong on the E ticket.

A quick call to MSC and the representative corrected the e ticket and sent us a link.

Typographical errors in documents occur. Transposed month and day in DOB, omission of a middle name,  use of a shortened first name instead of a full name, etc. It should not be an issue.

Further, when you change your surname, phone number, residence, or, in your case, gender, on documents, you should expect that outdated information will pop up sometime. I still get mail at my childhood home.

I would not worry about it.

On 3/21/2023 at 5:23 PM, Max1ne said:

Hi there,

Change to X so you are always right.

I’m my experience they barely glance at the e-ticket. They literally just scan the barcode on your e-ticket and hand it back to you. They take a pic of your passport, a pic of you for security, collect the health form, and then hand you your card. I really think you will be ok. 

• Like 1