Diamond Status Match

56 minutes ago, CruizinSusan70 said:

If you are sitting at 79 points and you're a point short of Diamond, does it kick in with your next cruise, similar to Carnival, or do you need to qualify first before benefits kick in on the subsequent cruise, similar to NCL?

The latter. 

18 hours ago, Candleonwater said:

Have you tried calling again? I really hate how it takes multiple phone calls to things straight.

Unfortunately not had a chance to call back. Had another holiday booked this weekend so didn’t have any spare time. Will call next week when I return. 

12 hours ago, brevardcruiser said:

2 weeks ago on odyssey, we stopped by loyalty desk and he instantly matched our Diamond status to my daughter who was gold.  No questions asked.  Maybe try that route 

I will call again, and if I don’t get a resolution will just wait til onboard. 

thanks all! 

Just a wee update - called back another two times, first time denied because we are not married.  Second time, it all went fine and now have a C&A number.  Have been told it will take 48 hours for Diamond status to show.

So, thank you all!  It seems to be do-able 🙂

Just a wee update - called back another two times, first time denied because we are not married.  Second time, it all went fine and now have a C&A number.  Have been told it will take 48 hours for Diamond status to show.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, *twinkle* said:

Come back in 48 hrs. and let us know how you made out.

20 hours ago, cruiseguy1016 said:

Come back in 48 hrs. and let us know how you made out.

It all seems to have worked OK!  C&A number showing on the app, plus Diamond status and same points etc.  Glad it's sorted before cruise 🙂

• Like 1

On 3/26/2023 at 1:32 AM, brevardcruiser said:

2 weeks ago on odyssey, we stopped by loyalty desk and he instantly matched our Diamond status to my daughter who was gold.  No questions asked.  Maybe try that route 

How old are your daughter? I assume she is younger than 18?

My 19 year old daughter was NOT happy that she didn't get matched to our two last cruises done after she turned 18 but her 17 year and 11 month brother was 😂

On 3/25/2023 at 2:24 PM, Candleonwater said:

Have you tried calling again? I really hate how it takes multiple phone calls to things straight.

But the issue is that the request is a violation of Royal stated policy (as shown earlier in the thread).  Yes, it appears many get away with it, but per Royal’s statement, one needs to cruise before having any CA status.  So anyone running this up the chain is basically requesting Royal ignore their own policy.  You can’t get mad at employees for following policy.  

Some employees clearly don’t care and just make the change, but the employees saying no are the ones following the stated rule in CA.  People on CC will tell you it is allowed (it is clearly allowed in practice in many cases), but that doesn’t mean the employees saying no are wrong.  In this case they appear to be right and I can hardly blame Royal for this resulting in many phone calls.   That tends to happen when you ask a company to violate their stated policies.  

• Like 1

On 3/22/2023 at 9:03 PM, Chiliburn said:

You only need to be living together.

I tried a number of times 5 years ago in Australia and kept getting rejected and I emailed Miami. It was done straight away.

Emails always worked for me, might take little longer now but anything not have sit on the phone

8 minutes ago, ONECRUISER said:

Emails always worked for me, might take little longer now but anything not have sit on the phone

Yeh ,no waiting on hold and talking to someone vague.

Straight to the top ,Courtney Brant . Molly was pretty cool also.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, UnregisteredUser said:

How old are your daughter? I assume she is younger than 18?

My 19 year old daughter was NOT happy that she didn't get matched to our two last cruises done after she turned 18 but her 17 year and 11 month brother was 😂

Yes, they are almost Diamond themselves so no biggie in a few years.

• 1 month later...
On 4/3/2023 at 12:16 PM, *twinkle* said:

Realise this is resurrecting a thread which is over a month old but hopefully you can answer my question. My son has Diamond status (earned by sailing with us when he was younger). He is now looking to book a cruise with his wife who has never cruised before. Am I right in thinking that you called C&A Uk and were able to add your significant other and they were given the same status i.e. would get the D benefits when onboard and not have to do a cruise first?

16 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Realise this is resurrecting a thread which is over a month old but hopefully you can answer my question. My son has Diamond status (earned by sailing with us when he was younger). He is now looking to book a cruise with his wife who has never cruised before. Am I right in thinking that you called C&A Uk and were able to add your significant other and they were given the same status i.e. would get the D benefits when onboard and not have to do a cruise first?

I read thru the posts and really the policy is she doesnt have a status until she sailed and then she can match his status. The poster above called many times and was able to get someone to give her a status before she sailed but topnote pointed out that is not the written policy.

So it's a matter of finding someone who might break the policy or do it after her first cruise as the written policy. 

Edited by firefly333

33 minutes ago, Bobal said:

Maybe once they board go to the loyalty ambassador and get him to match it once she has a C & A number. That way she can still use it onboard.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Bobal said:

Am I right in thinking that you called C&A Uk and were able to add your significant other and they were given the same status i.e. would get the D benefits when onboard and not have to do a cruise first?

You could try signing up for a C&A account first (RCI called it pre-Gold for a while) then ask for that account to be matched. Tho, as mentioned, the easier way to do this is to see the LA on board at first opportunity and ask them to make it happen.

• Thanks 1