How long should it take to refill the Purell

May B

22 hours ago, May B said:

Mr B thinks this is too long to wait. He reported two empty Purell dispensers to Guest Services at 7:50 am. At 8:30, neither of the two had been refilled.

He thinks this is too long to wait, especially b/c our sailing follows one where Noro and Covid were prevalent, so prevalent that the ship was visited by CDC and underwent a thorough, and I mean super duper thorough, cleaning before we could board.

I'm sure you're aware that hand sanitizer has no effect on Norovirus so you are better off washing your hands anyways as it is effective for both

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

I don't know.  I go on a cruise to see the ports.  I don't notice hand sanitizer stations as I prefer to wash my hands with soap and water.  I do understand Mr B being fearful of Noro but he should not feel he has to monitor the station.  

To everyone critical of @May B - If you read the whole thread I think you'll find that maybe, just maybe, she was more frustrated with Mr. B than with the sanitizer fill up time and came on here as a tongue in cheek lighthearted try at humor.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, chamima said:

To everyone critical of @May B - If you read the whole thread I think you'll find that maybe, just maybe, she was more frustrated with Mr. B than with the sanitizer fill up time and came on here as a tongue in cheek lighthearted try at humor.

I agree.  It is something my Dad before he unfortunately developed Alzheimers would have done.  Not saying Mr B has Alz, just saying he reminds me of my Dad.  It was one of the things we used to laugh about.

23 hours ago, May B said:

Mr B thinks this is too long to wait. He reported two empty Purell dispensers to Guest Services at 7:50 am. At 8:30, neither of the two had been refilled.

He thinks this is too long to wait, especially b/c our sailing follows one where Noro and Covid were prevalent, so prevalent that the ship was visited by CDC and underwent a thorough, and I mean super duper thorough, cleaning before we could board.

mb - methinks your hands (pun intended) are full on this sailing...  LOL

In health and bon voyage

• Haha 1

I am just deeply disappointed that Mr. B apparently gave up after 40 minutes. We will never know, I guess, how long it took for Amazon to deliver a new case. We can get it same day here, but at sea I think the Prime standard of next day is more likely. 

• Haha 3

On 3/24/2023 at 5:26 PM, wadewood said:

On the Solstice, it took 6 weeks to get the 11th floor by mid elevators filled.  

Yikes!

At least after two days, they just took away the one that still wasn’t working, on deck seven.

On 3/25/2023 at 8:06 AM, jean87510 said:

I agree.  It is something my Dad before he unfortunately developed Alzheimers would have done.  Not saying Mr B has Alz, just saying he reminds me of my Dad.  It was one of the things we used to laugh about.

Sad for your dad and family, but so glad you could laugh about it!

Some things are out of our control.

On 3/25/2023 at 12:36 AM, Ferry_Watcher said:

Mr B needs a hobby

I think stopping at every hand sanitizer IS his hobby!

I actually do like to use the hand sanitizer after I felt it prudent to use the railing when I went up or down the stairs. At least that got me so I could take out my key, open the door, and wash my hands with warm water and soap. 

4 minutes ago, May B said:

Sad for your dad and family, but so glad you could laugh about it!

Some things are out of our control.

Yes.  My dad was an engineer and was extremely intelligent.  He was fixated later after he retired on things like gas prices and measuring rain water.  The hand sanitizer would definitely be him. He did pass away in 2019 and was a shell at the end sadly but my sisters and I as well as my mom and all his grandchildren often laugh at some of the obsessive things he did.  

44 minutes ago, jean87510 said:

Yes.  My dad was an engineer and was extremely intelligent.  He was fixated later after he retired on things like gas prices and measuring rain water.  The hand sanitizer would definitely be him. He did pass away in 2019 and was a shell at the end sadly but my sisters and I as well as my mom and all his grandchildren often laugh at some of the obsessive things he did.  

Such a frustrating disease to watch. To say nothing about how much research has been, so far for no results. 

• Like 1