How long should it take to refill the Purell

May B

Mr B thinks this is too long to wait. He reported two empty Purell dispensers to Guest Services at 7:50 am. At 8:30, neither of the two had been refilled.

He thinks this is too long to wait, especially b/c our sailing follows one where Noro and Covid were prevalent, so prevalent that the ship was visited by CDC and underwent a thorough, and I mean super duper thorough, cleaning before we could board.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, May B said:

Mr B thinks this is too long to wait. He reported two empty Purell dispensers to Guest Services at 7:50 am. At 8:30, neither of the two had been refilled.

He thinks this is too long to wait, especially b/c our sailing follows one where Noro and Covid were prevalent, so prevalent that the ship was visited by CDC and underwent a thorough, and I mean super duper thorough, cleaning before we could board.

Sounds like grounds for you to boycott sailing with Celebrity for life........I mean 40 minutes?.....how incompetent.........

• Haha 6

We found the Purell dispensers often empty on our most recent sailing like at the entrance to the OVC for example.  But there was always a staff member there with a squirt bottle for Purell when you entered.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, May B said:

21 minutes total, would be my guess...

You mean to say that DH did not bring his own Purell just in case???

In health and bon voyage

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Big_G said:

My wife always brings her own but we got off Reflection last week and I don't remember someone NOT being outside the buffet with a squirt bottle in addition to the dispensers.

Of course.

At Ocean View, that’s 100% true.

1 hour ago, Saturngrl said:

I bring my own hand sanitizer in case the ones on the ship aren't working.  Gives me peace of mind.  Happy sailing! 

Actually, I carry the one they gave us in our cabin. But he was gallivanting around without me.

1 hour ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

If you have to wait more than 40 minutes for X to pick up the phone for a question about a reservation, I can't imagine them being able to refill a hand sanitizer dispenser in a shorter amount of time.

Except the crew on board are usually MUCH more responsive than reservations.

The real answer is we don’t live in a perfect world. What we CAN control is our response to that world. Sadly, Mr B has been more grumpy lately. I’ll have to deal with it.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, chamima said:

We had a small bottle of hand sanitizer in our cabin bathroom when we boarded. Couldn't he just use that? (Or wash hands in the closest bathroom)

Sure he could and he often does. He doesn’t want want somebody ELSE to find it empty and “give up trying”.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, May B said:

The dispensers don't weigh much.  Have Mr. B lift it up and carry it to guest services.  I'm sure they will fill it quickly.  

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

21 hours ago, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

If you have to wait more than 40 minutes for X to pick up the phone for a question about a reservation, I can't imagine them being able to refill a hand sanitizer dispenser in a shorter amount of time.

Or 35 minutes on hold while ON THE SHIP to order room service (this was my experience in June 2022)... insane.