The NCL website does not work well with Microsoft????

ontheweb

That is what I was told by a tech support representative when I called and then was called back a few minutes ago.

Have others had problems with NCL on Microsoft? Mine did not have a problem until this weekend. (See the thread about 4 skipped ports that I started a few days ago to see the problem.)

Edited by ontheweb

Sounds to me like that support tech representative might have just wanted to get off the phone so it sounded like the right thing to say at the time. In reflection, the response isn't logical.

Edited by luv2kroooz

Save yourself future hassle and use Chrome.

IE and Edge were/are considered 2nd rate from a software development perspective (full stack devs will always code to the most popular platform (Chrome), which propagates out to the average user in the form of a frustrating online experience.

2 hours ago, luv2kroooz said:

Sounds to me like that support tech representative might have just wanted to get off the phone so it sounded like the right thing to say at the time. In reflection, the response isn't logical.

I also wondered about the response.

7 hours ago, ontheweb said:

That is what I was told by a tech support representative when I called

In the interest of completeness, did the tech support rep claim that the NCL website works well with any brand of software? 🤣

(disclaimer:  I'm old enough to have lived through the dawn of the internet.  Think dialup.  Everything works great compared to back then.)

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, ChiefMateJRK said:

In the interest of completeness, did the tech support rep claim that the NCL website works well with any brand of software? 🤣

(disclaimer:  I'm old enough to have lived through the dawn of the internet.  Think dialup.  Everything works great compared to back then.)

She specifically mentioned Google (by which I assume she meant Chrome) and Firefox. (I had said to her while it still was not working right on my computer with Edge, it did work properly at a library computer with Firefox).