Jeans on Prima

JessLCH

Jeans can be worn in any restaurant on any NCL ship but the length (shorts) can be an issue in some restaurants.....just don't get into the whole "...worn below the hips*, overly faded, with holes..." debate. 

*Aren't all pants worn below the hips if they cover at least part of your thigh? 🤔

• Haha 1

I recall this being a really HOT topic not long ago. Huge arguments over it. While there was no set rule listed back then it was considered inappropriate to wear jeans for dinner at any restaurant but many people worn them anyway. People actually complained about having to see such a thing. LOL  Their dining experience was lowered with all these people who refused to dress up.  OMG! How far we fortunately have come since then. Many years ago I think there was a rule and I think men had to wear jackets back in the early 80's because I remember packing hubby' s jacket that he resisted wearing but I told him he'd have to go to the buffet we he didn't wear the jacket. He gave in. It was great when they did away with that rule. 

• Haha 1

our 1st cruise, my wife and i were in our early 30's, and this was in the mid 80's. having read about cruising and dinners, i packed a different suit and tie for 6 of the 7 days of our cruise, and a full tuxedo for the formal night ( i was young, innocent and stupid)..  i was also an atty for almost 40 years and lived almost daily in a suit and tie.  "NEVER AGAIN"

now, having sailed for 13 years and 24 sailings with norwegian, i dont even like to have dinner in le bistro sine they insist on collared shirts.

thank the lord for freestyle cruising  (LOL)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, complawyer said:

having read about cruising and dinners, i packed a different suit and tie for 6 of the 7 days of our cruise, and a full tuxedo for the formal night ( i was young, innocent and stupid).

Well, in your defense, that was in the dark ages before the internet when we mostly went on advice from friends and neighbors who often didn't have a clue what they were talking about.

• Haha 1

On 3/30/2023 at 11:38 AM, JessLCH said:

In which venues (dining or other) are jeans frowned upon on Prima? Thanks.

Shorts are allowed in all restaurants for all meals except dinner in Le Bistro and Palomar. In Le Bistro and Palomar, gents are requested to wear long pants (jeans and dockers are perfectly fine). There is no need to "dress up" for dinner on any NCL ship. 

NCL seems to have an aversion to baseball caps, but they are worn in most restaurants. 

Prima:

image.thumb.png.515a65923a28c4f3644d2ba08d5dcc35.png

Edited by BirdTravels
  • Thanks 1