Ruby Drydock Confirmation Sept 24-October 22

BermudaBound2014

2 hours ago, LACruiser88 said:

The suite breakfast is only offered to the most traveled onboard, #2 & #3 do not.

Thanks. Is that something new? I've never heard of it before.

Edited by MissP22
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 11:55 AM, LidoLiz said:

Curious as to whether they have removed the free sauna and steam rooms on the Ruby, like they did on the Emerald? 

I went up to the spa today and checked for you. The spa was remodeled and they are charging now. The amount charged depends on the length of the cruise.

Edited by partybarbie
  • Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

I went up to the spa today and checked for you. The spa was remodeled and they are charging now. The amount charged depends on the length of the cruise.

They're chipping away at all the free benefits so ever slowly. 😒

A increase in gratuities is next. 

On 10/28/2023 at 1:38 PM, partybarbie said:

My understanding is that the water issue only affects the old canal. We’re going through the new canal, but I will post if there’s any problems.

is the new canal only for full transits? We are on the Ruby 2/28 for a partial. We just got off the 25 day on the Regal. Everything was wonderful except my upgraded cabin ...Delux Balcony E 727 the last balcony before the last suite. The bed and room vibtated constantly. Very little sleep. We are on the very front of the ship B201 ( we booked 3 cabilns in a row and that was allthat was left.) Do you have any experience in the very front of the ship on deck 11? I normally do mid and worried that this will be a vibrating room as well. Dont mind rough seas...we are seasoned cruisers.... Any input is greatly appreciated

Jeannie and Mike

is the new canal only for full transits? We are on the Ruby 2/28 for a partial.

No. The new locks are for ships that are too large for the original locks. The Ruby is one of those ships. I have sailed your exact cruise on the Emerald Princess, sister to the Ruby. The ship fits in the locks with quite a lot side space as well as space forward and aft. It is kept centered by tug boats.

You may feel some movement if we encounter rough seas. You may also feel vibration if waves are pounding the bow. When the ship anchors at Grand Cayman you probably will hear the anchor chains being deployed. The space directly in front of B201 are staff cabins. 

• Thanks 1

Cabins were not changed. My understanding is that they just received new bedding and carpets.

For C230 and mini suites go to the Princess web site. Select the cabin and you will see a photo and layout. By searching you can locate photos and videos of cabins. All balcony cat cabins have the same interiors. All minis have the same interiors. This site has some information

https://www.cruisedeckplans.com/ships/Ruby-Princess

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, partybarbie said:

Hi @partybarbie, are you talking about the Thermal suite opposed to the complimentary sauna and steam that were in the changing rooms by the fitness center? There was always a charge for the Thermal suite based on length of cruise? Have you gone inside the changing rooms with the lockers? 

On the Emerald the steam and saunas were removed to provided accessible treatment rooms for Spa patrons. If they were not removed on the Ruby, I cannot see how they will now want a fee to use these as passengers will use changing room to take showers, etc., after fitness center work outs.