Oceania Specialty Restaurant reservations

Cruiseskier

30 minutes ago, Cruiseskier said:

Iam in a B3 and I will be making our reservations in a few days on the Marina.  Do I just pick a time or can I select the table size ie table for 2?  Thanks.

You can pick day & time  then NON sharing  for a 2 top

or sharing if you want to sit with others  (I think it still works this way)

If you  are travelling with other you can invite them  but you will need their booking number

When I made our reservations for our January cruise on Riviera certain scenarios were already booked.  For example there was an opening at 7:30 but only if we shared.  Similarly we could choose a two top at a later time.  It was pretty straight forward so when you get on you will see.  

Two things:

Try and make your reservations as soon as your time opens.  Higher level cabins will have already made their reservations and the earlier times/ two tops disappear quicker.

Remember to go and ask if you want more reservations or different days or times.  On our cruise I was able to get an additional reservation at Jacques and our preset reservation at Jacques for a shared table (no two tops were remaining) was turned into a two top when we arrived 20 minutes early and asked if it could be done.  There's never harm in asking, the worst they can do is say no.

I was speaking to a friend we made on day 9 who let me know he and his wife had eaten in a specialty every night so far.  He was in a similar cabin categories to us ( also B3) and said the secret is to make sure you reserve the sea days early, make sure to ask multiple times as reservations do open up, be open to eating later and be open to sharing tables.

On our next 10 day I may try some of this but to he honest, we enjoyed eating in the Terrace outside (on nights they had the grill,) we enjoyed eating in the main dining room (caviar appetizer with beef Wellington was a great night, Jacques menu items like the chicken allowed you to try a specialty entree in the MDR. The chicken was very good,) and we enjoyed our night at the new pizza place.  Not sure I would eat in a specialty every night if we could. We enjoyed the variety and some nights was looking to eat quickly and casually. (Although we still went back to the MDR before they closed some nights for a soufle.)

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Where do we go to request additional specialty dinner reservations?

Usually the Dinner Reservations desk  on Deck 5

If you have a Butler you can also see what he can do for you

4 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

Thanks…booked on O for the first time & gathering as much info about Regatta & Sirena as possible before our first two O cruises.

24 minutes ago, Astro Flyer said:

Where do we go to request additional specialty dinner reservations?

Fyi, I also stopped in to Issues one day as I was passing by and they were open.  It was probably after 5pm though.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, LHT28 said:

I see this about having a butler all the time.  Not everyone will have a butler.  Only a small percentage would.  If they do, then the passenger is probably aware of what the butler is capable of.

2 minutes ago, ssawjo said:

I see this about having a butler all the time.  Not everyone will have a butler.  Only a small percentage would.  If they do, then the passenger is probably aware of what the butler is capable of.

You'd be surprised by the number of cruisers who have booked a suite and ask here on CC what can they do.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, ssawjo said:

you would  think so  but  sadly not all pax  do 😄

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Woofa said:

Fyi, I also stopped in to Issues one day as I was passing by and they were open.  It was probably after 5pm though.

Thanks however I don’t see a Jacques on our 2 booked ships…Regatta & Sirena.

Just meaning that I stopped into one of the specialties itself.  They are generally not open during the day but another possibility for an extra specialty reservation.

• Thanks 1

When you go online to book your reservations, I found it handy to have a few dates and times handy just in case your first choices are all ready taken.  Also, you might be able to book additional reservations on board.

Enjoy your cruise!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

If friends invited us in to share their table at a specialty restaurant and then they decide to eat in the main dining room that night (because they want to be able to attend something else announced on the ship and there is a time conflict), will we lose our specialty reservation too?  If not, can we invite someone once on board to join us at the reserved table?  Traveling with a group. 

3 minutes ago, cruisingisfun said:

If friends invited us in to share their table at a specialty restaurant and then they decide to eat in the main dining room that night (because they want to be able to attend something else announced on the ship and there is a time conflict), will we lose our specialty reservation too?  If not, can we invite someone once on board to join us at the reserved table?  Traveling with a group. 

It depends

A lot of moving parts to your question

A lot depends  on when they decide to cancel & notify the  reservations desk

You will usually get to keep the time slot  but   you may be at a 2 top or they may put you at a sharing table

Unless you are  VIP  I would not think you can walk up with others  but  you never know  these days

12 hours ago, Astro Flyer said:

Thanks however I don’t see a Jacques on our 2 booked ships…Regatta & Sirena.

Make sure to try Red Ginger (on Sirena). It is a great experience.

Edited by FeliciaLee
Sirena clarification
  • Like 1

17 hours ago, Woofa said:

Just meaning that I stopped into one of the specialties itself.  They are generally not open during the day but another possibility for an extra specialty reservation.

This past February on Riviera I went to reservation desk made a shared reservation for that night at Toscana 

Went to Toscana at 6 pm spoke to matre and told him like to change for 2 alone no problem shook his hand great dinner  at 7:30

• Like 1

Query re making an online booking with "invite guest" option.

Both will be using 1 of our allocated reservations, same cabin categories, I have their booking number.

When doing this online do we select private or share and then add in their details ?

If selecting share, is there anyway to request a table of 4  for that booking ?

• Like 1