Refund for cancelled excursion

groundloop

I'm curious if everyone is seeing long delays in getting excursion refunds.

On March 14th I cancelled an excursion that had been paid for with e-gift cards.  I received an email acknowledgement of the cancellation the next day, but 3 weeks later still don't have a refund.

6 minutes ago, groundloop said:

I'm curious if everyone is seeing long delays in getting excursion refunds.

On March 14th I cancelled an excursion that had been paid for with e-gift cards.  I received an email acknowledgement of the cancellation the next day, but 3 weeks later still don't have a refund.

I've seen some people out here stating they are getting some refunds via email and ecards, so check your email and spam carefully. Last year I  cancelled an excursion and they sent gift cards unannounced via Fedex 2nd day air. I much prefer the email route and wish that was the norm, it is easier for me and saves Carnival money for delivery. I have literally had 4 separate Fedex 2nd days together on my porch for cancelled cruise. Not very cost efficient for a company struggling for survival! 

2 minutes ago, n6uqqq said:

I've seen some people out here stating they are getting some refunds via email and ecards, so check your email and spam carefully.

Since my original purchase with with an e-gift card I'm certain the refund will come in that form also.  And yes, I've been careful to check my email and spam folder.  

I've read reports that Carnival is seeing a record number of bookings so I'm sure their customer service people are very busy.  Hopefully I don't fall through the cracks.

• Like 1

call carnival. during the covid era i never got a gift card refund. the problem was in one of the many systems they have, they did not had my address on file to mail me a new card. once they added my address, i got the new card in a few days

Edited by shof515

My last e-gift card excursion we cancelled was right before we cruised this past December and we  received the refund, on a physical card about mid January.  It was about 3.5 weeks from cancellation for the card to be received.  I did call CCL in early January and they were able to tell me it would be coming in the mail (FedEx I think) but was not sent out yet.  It was another week before I actually received it.    

1 hour ago, groundloop said:

Since my original purchase with with an e-gift card I'm certain the refund will come in that form also.  And yes, I've been careful to check my email and spam folder.  

I've read reports that Carnival is seeing a record number of bookings so I'm sure their customer service people are very busy.  Hopefully I don't fall through the cracks.

Mine was an e-gift card as well, but I received a physical card for the refund.  However,  when I cancelled the actual cruise, I received an email with a link to an e-card.

1 hour ago, groundloop said:

I would think you will be getting a physical gift card.  The interesting thing is that the excursions and cruise fares are processed through different systems.  Cruise fare refunds have been coming via e-cards and excursions via physical cards, regardless of which type of card was used originally.

While inquiring about a refund for a cancelled steakhouse reservation, Carnival told me that they recently stopped sending refunds via physical gift cards completely. All gift card refunds are now via e-gift card to your email and you should get them within 3 business days of cancellation.  Check your spam box for messages with the subject “You’ve received a Carnival Cruise Line Digital Gift Card!”. If you don’t have it, contact Carnival and follow the prompts for the “Funshop”. That’s the dept that processes pre-cruise excursions and specialty restaurants. Sometimes things get stuck and they will push it through again.

Also, I’ve also had where the refund GC was emailed to my travel agent, even though it was purchased by me through the cruise planner. Believe me - that’s a real pain in the butt to chase down.

12 minutes ago, crooooze said:

All gift card refunds are now via e-gift card to your email and you should get them within 3 business days of cancellation.

This.  Honestly I was pleasantly surprised when I cancelled three excursions recently  - purchased with OBC and credit card.  Within 2 days I had received OBC credited back to my cruise manager in the amount of OBC that had been used  - the rest of the refund was applied to an ecard received via email.

On 4/3/2023 at 4:33 PM, crooooze said:

All gift card refunds are now via e-gift card to your email and you should get them within 3 business days of cancellation.  Check your spam box for messages with the subject “You’ve received a Carnival Cruise Line Digital Gift Card!”. If you don’t have it, contact Carnival and follow the prompts for the “Funshop”. That’s the dept that processes pre-cruise excursions and specialty restaurants.....

Thanks for that.  I never knew which department was responsible for that, only that if you go to the extension for excursions that they're useless in offering any help.

I just spent 57 minutes and 38 seconds on a call with Carnival.  It turns out that any gift card refunds associated with a cruise that was originally booked through a travel agent must be handled manually by a Carnival agent, even if the customer made the purchase directly through Carnival's website.

ALSO.... for any gift card purchases you make be sure to hang on to the gift card number and PIN (thankfully I do).

This is absolutely nuts.