Solstice - Apple Store? What Deck

driftychick

First question is, are your trying to exhaust some OBC?  If yes there are better ways.  Solstice does have one but like all X ships, they do not sell current generation products and you can often find these older generation products cheaper from a real apple store

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, driftychick said:

Hello, Does the Solstice have an Apple Store and if so, what deck is it on?  Thanks in advance.

The iLounge is located on Deck 6 by the mid-ship elevators.

7F1F54D2-161D-4744-BC4B-22FBA32ED3FA.jpeg.e2d0272c9bb71a6cc5531195b4670534.jpeg

CB76185A-6343-41A7-AE83-61EECAB74C8A.thumb.jpeg.56f3fc1c6cd116b4796a2eedfe0deaf4.jpegSolstice iLounge, Dec 30, 2019

Edited by mahdnc

1 hour ago, driftychick said:

Actually, I was looking for some advice for transferring photos from my I phone 10 to an external hard drive.

You might ask on the cruising technology forum here.  EM

17 hours ago, driftychick said:

Actually, I was looking for some advice for transferring photos from my I phone 10 to an external hard drive.

I have used one of these with great success.  I normally transfer phones to the USB drive and then to my laptop.  Then edit them to remove any blurry photo's or ones I do not like, and then transfer them off the laptop after the cruise. 

Full disclosure - I have never seen them for sale onboard.

https://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-iXpand-iPhone-Silver-SDIX30N-064G-GN6NN/dp/B01CIEBS74

image.png.8f6bf524057d42f31024032c1bbc9520.png

Edited by DaKahuna

FTR: We were on Solstice Jan 28th-Feb 4th. I had forgotten my USB-C charger (for my iPad Pro) and they couldn't even loan me one let alone seel one. They had absolutely nothing for sale at all.

I can confirm that the above USB drive is perfect for transferring photos (failing being able to use AirPlay). 

2 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Your pictures will be in iCloud which you you can access from a computer and than transfer to a hard drive 

My pics from my phone automatically show up on my iPad and iPad mini.  When I want them in my laptop I use a usb cable.  I also send my cruise pics to Shutterfly, using free Wi-Fi onshore EM

24 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

My pics from my phone automatically show up on my iPad and iPad mini.  When I want them in my laptop I use a usb cable.  I also send my cruise pics to Shutterfly, using free Wi-Fi onshore EM

If you go into iCloud.com account on your browser, you can see all your photos just like your iPad and download them onto your laptop

3 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

Your pictures will be in iCloud which you you can access from a computer and than transfer to a hard drive 

That is only if (1) you have iCloud enabled and I believe there is a $2.99 a month fee for 200 Gb, and (2) you have WiFi on the ship so your phone can sync to iCloud, otherwise, you need to wait until you are somewhere you have Cellular coverage and turn your Airplane mode off. 

I have an iPad and also an MacBook Air and since I have iCloud enabled, my photo's show up automatically.  I still use the USB drive to pull them off my phone when cruising as it's easy.  It also gives me another copy of the photo's in case something happens with syncing with iCloud.  I can delete them from my iPhone once they are copied to the drive and not have to worry about running out of space on my iPhone, it's only a 256 Gb model  🙂 

Edited by DaKahuna

2 minutes ago, DaKahuna said:

That is only if (1) you have iCloud enabled and I believe there is a $2.99 a month fee for 20 Gb, and (2) you have WiFi on the ship so your phone can sync to iCloud, otherwise, you need to wait until you are somewhere you have Cellular coverage and turn your Airplane mode off. 

I have an iPad and also an MacBook Air and since I have iCloud enabled, my photo's show up automatically.  I still use the USB drive to pull them off my phone when cruising as it's easy.  It also gives me another copy of the photo's in case something happens with syncing with iCloud. 

• Free: 5GB of storage per iCloud account (not per device)
  • $0.99/month: 50GB of storage (single user)
  • $2.99/month: 200GB of storage (family use)
  • $9.99/month: 2TB of storage (family use)
    my wife and I share the 200gb plan, I havent took up my phone to a laptop in years 
  • This is still the easiest way to to get them to an external drive still going on shore to use wifi anyway 
  • Like 1

On 4/6/2023 at 7:41 PM, driftychick said:

They can definitely help. I have borrowed the use of one of their desktops in the iLounge for doing some file transfers.

6 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

I have the 50GB for $0.99/mo.  My phone is also 256gb.  EM

I also use the 50GB plan.  My phone has 512 GB but when apple syncs to iCloud it only keeps a thumbnail of older pictures and will bring back the original if you view it or send as an attachment.  

With iCloud enabled I'm only using 2.94 GB space on my phone for photos --- and I shoot tons of photos in Live Quality. 

I just loaded a bunch of Audio Books and using a huge 77GB for my books, but delete them as I finish reading.  

I am currently using 197.3 GB of my 200 GB plan.  150 GB are documents from my MacBook Air, which I also have synced to iCloud.  I guess I should take the time to go in and clean those up since I also have them  backed up to my NAS.