Jim_Iain Apex Key West, TansAtlantic and British Isle with a Week in Amsterdam

Jim_Iain

What is the flavor of 43? Vanilla and...?

My fav liquer is Sabra.. orange flavor israeli..not usually on ships and specialty order where we live.

I also like Baileys, Tia Maria and Amaretta..not sure what is in which level of drink package anymore!  Just order what we like, if available.  Nit much of a drinker but these are my go tos

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

My fav liquer is Sabra.. orange flavor israeli..not usually on ships and specialty order where we live.

I also like Baileys, Tia Maria and Amaretta..not sure what is in which level of drink package anymore!  Just order what we like, if available.  Nit much of a drinker but these are my go tos

I prefer it to baileys in my coffee , I do love vanilla 

2 hours ago, hcat said:

Just a tip for others thinking abt it... on APEX ,there are regular veranda cabins on deck 8 and 9.. one on 8 has no obstruction, others  25% to 50%  obs.

Are you referring to Porthole verandas?  I don't see a regular veranda on the deck plans. 

1 hour ago, JeanieC,Aston said:

Hi

43 is a Spanish liqueur with a taste of vanilla..a bit sweet for me.

If anyone is in Spain try a Carajilo it’s a espresso with a dash of aSpanish brandy.

You see workman down a quick one on the way to work.

Thanks.  I gave up sweetener in my coffee back in the late 1960’s.. I even stopped putting it in my hot tea in the 1970’s.  I still use artificial sweetener in my ice tea but that’s about it. 

I will see if they have it at Cafe al Bacio and try one.  Worse case, I don’t like it and throw it away after a sip or two. 

32 minutes ago, hcat said:

Bailey’s is on the Premium, Tia Maria is on the Classic, and i do not see Amaretta on either. 

https://www.celebritycruises.com/content/dam/celebrity/pdf/compare-drink-packages.pdf

On 4/11/2023 at 6:49 PM, Jim_Iain said:

I'll be happy to post what we learn.     We will be taking the train from Rotterdam into Amsterdam which also stops at Schiphol. 

I may have missed it, but wondering when you will be in Amsterdam?  We will be leaving for Amsterdam on May 10th for a few days before our 2 week cruise on the Nieuw Statendam.  

24 minutes ago, Dar & Bob said:

Are you referring to Porthole verandas?  I don't see a regular veranda on the deck plans. 

Shhh..secret is out

NOT portholes!

I spotted one on deck 9 APEX plan ..9303...when we booked our SV,  it is very aft on the side...X   rep identified at least 3 more. One on deck  8 had o % obs but othere were 25% to 50%.  Ultimately, we took the standard SV..larger cabin, aft view balcony, bed by bath.  .The others were on the sides..just a few hundred $ less.. you can call X to confirm..

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, hcat said:

Shhh..secret is out

NOT portholes!

I spotted one on deck 9 APEX plan ..9303...when we booked our SV,  it is very aft on the side...X   rep identified at least 3 more. One on deck  8 had o % obs but othere were 25% to 50%.  Ultimately, we took the standard SV..larger cabin, aft view balcony, bed by bath.  .The others were on the sides..just a few hundred $ less.. you can call X to confirm..

This video of 9303 clearly shows it's a porthole Veranda. https://youtu.be/5fUmLWPmyIc

• Like 1

Love following your trip.   We are currently “suffering” on the Seabourn Odyssey trans pacific though we are only doing Papeete to Honolulu.    The evening buffet on your ship looks great so I hope that is the end of the complaints.   No shortage of choices for the evening meals in the MDR on Seabourn.   I counted seventeens choices of main courses between the classic and special evening menu.

6 hours ago, DaKahuna said:

Okay, I'll bite -- what is the difference between a double cappuccino and a double cappuccino dry? (I don't drink cappuccino's very often) 

A dry Cappuccino when made properly is just foam on top and very little milk.   I find their regular to be more of what I would define as a Latte. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, terrydtx said:

Maybe just the grounds would be dry, LOL inquiring minds want to know.

Nahh.   Those are Buzz Beans 🫘.   Coffee bean covered in chocolate.    After a couple you know why they call them buzz beans. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Jim_Iain said:

Nahh.   Those are Buzz Beans 🫘.   Coffee bean covered in chocolate.    After a couple you know why they call them buzz beans. 

I love dark chocolate covered espresso beans.  Trader Joe’s are absolutely the best! 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

As a former barista...

Double would mean 2 shots of espresso. The wet or dry refers to the milk and foam ratio.

A typical cappuccino is pretty much equal parts milk and foam.

A wet cappuccino would be more milk than foam (closer to a latte).

A dry cappuccino would be more foam than milk. (a very dry cappuccino would be only foam on the espresso.)

I like your description.   I ordered a triple shot this morning and she made it super dry.   Spooned it out.   100% foam on top and no milk.   Had a hard time shaking the foam out after the coffee was finished. 

There was a barista on Summit that made me perfect ones.    He insisted on super dry and I would encourage him to pour because of the line behind me.   He said—-no.   Your my favorite customer. 

IMG_8483.thumb.jpeg.ec9b5971eee735ba39b6d4f27d6b18f9.jpeg

• Like 5

6 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

You're welcome! We had some regulars who would say "bone dry" rather than very dry - meant the same thing.

I need to try one.     You must have been in demand. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

The first evening on the ship I met out Beverage Server / Sommelier, Ally,  in Luminae.   He didn't have any but tole me he would have it for day 2.   Next morning I bumped into him in al Bacio and he told me he had it stocked in Luminae for me and would have it for that evening.    I let him know we were going to Eden and he said he would call Yan there and let her know so she would have it available for me.  True to form she had it waiting.    It took two day for the Retreat to come up with it but it is now stocked in all my drinking holes. 

We loved Ally!  He was so kind to us. Tell him hi from Chris & Derrick. We were his party of 9 that sat on the very front a few weeks ago!  They all treated us like family. 

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

I may have missed it, but wondering when you will be in Amsterdam?  We will be leaving for Amsterdam on May 10th for a few days before our 2 week cruise on the Nieuw Statendam.  

We will be in Amsterdam May 7-14.  We rented an AirBnB out near The museum park. 

4 hours ago, Mcgeneseo said:

That certainly looks like more than enough in options and quantity.  It would be nice if the complaining about it stopped.....

I'd be curious to know if it is the same on other ships.   

24 minutes ago, Sox Fan Cruiser said:

We loved Ally!  He was so kind to us. Tell him hi from Chris & Derrick. We were his party of 9 that sat on the very front a few weeks ago!  They all treated us like family. 

Definitely will pass on you greetings.