Four person inside Cabins on the Oasis

54 minutes ago, mets123 said:

My son is taking his family for the first time on the Oasis. With a four person inside cabin , are persons 3 & 4 on a pull out sofa, or a pull down bunk bed,? Thanks.

I believe the starting age for a Pullman is 7 years old but I’m open to correction on that. 

Probably the sofa. It was that way on Allure, with very few exceptions (rooms that were not typical 4 person staterooms). It is one of the changes from Freedom class to Oasis class that I really dislike - our kids got to a point where they would NOT share a bed (and loved the Pullman beds). I have seen a few pictures where the sofa bed has an upper part and a lower part, more like a trundle bed, but I could never figure out which rooms had which, plus now that my kids are teens we like more space and second bathroom. 

1 minute ago, Billy Baltic said:

I believe the starting age for a Pullman is 7 years old but I’m open to correction on that. 

It has been a while (2014 & 2017), but when we cruised Indy, one of my kids was 5 and he was allowed on a Pullman. They have rails on the side, and we had our bed set up as a King below, so if he somehow got over the rail, he'd just land on our bed (or on us!). It worked out fine. Not sure I'd put a toddler or even a preschooler up there, however. 

1 hour ago, mets123 said:

My son is taking his family for the first time on the Oasis. With a four person inside cabin , are persons 3 & 4 on a pull out sofa, or a pull down bunk bed,? Thanks.

How old are passengers 3 and 4?  May want to get another cabin

3 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

Two insides with two would not be much more than one inside with four people, unless you are booking under a KSF promo.

Even if it was significantly more, it would be worth it.  Four in an inside cabin is very very tight.  

• Like 1

We've cruised four in a cabin three times. The first time, Serenade, the cabin had the two upper bunks that came down from the ceiling; they had rails on the side. Another time, it was a fold-out couch which was very uncomfortable. If you look at a detailed deck plan, there are symbols that show what type of 3rd or 4th passenger sleeping arrangements there are. We had heard that sometimes two cabins were feasible but both times, it would have cost us a lot more and it wasn't worth it.

The main rule about four people in one cabin is: Do not leave your shoes in the middle of the floor. 😄

17 hours ago, mets123 said:

When I sailed on her in 2014, we had three in a balcony room, it was a fold-out sofa, no pullmans and not a trundle.  So it would be two kids sharing a bed, that is maybe the size of a double bed?  It will be very cozy in an inside room.  

39 minutes ago, rockmom said:

When I sailed on her in 2014, we had three in a balcony room, it was a fold-out sofa, no pullmans and not a trundle.  So it would be two kids sharing a bed, that is maybe the size of a double bed?  It will be very cozy in an inside room.  

Thanks. You were the only one who answered my question without giving opinions on things I didn't ask about.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, mets123 said:

Just off the Oasis.

Here is what it looks like. It is my understanding (4 times on Oasis class) that this class doesn't have any cabins for 3-4 people with pullman beds. My kid loves pullman beds....

20230408_210659.thumb.jpg.e54ff33d2d9b75e246d438641e658668.jpg

Pictured on the sofa bed is a 5'3, 120# child:

20230408_210732.thumb.jpg.c4d9f94ab04185633aaf695391706a88.jpg