El Loco Express

Might depend on the ship. On allure we had pre made burritos but they had bowls of chips you could add stuff to. Flour tortillas and beans and a couples kinds of meat and cheese sauce and there was a place outside with guacamole and picante and stuff.  I cant remember on oasis. I just made nachos. Everyone says dump the bowl of chips on your plate it's easier. It was ok for a snack but I get better tex mex here at home. 

I think it depends where you live how much you like it.

I read a lot of praises for ELF but frankly, I find it rather filthy.  Just like any buffet-style enterprise, things tend to get slung hither and yon.  I tried going there a few times but it just turns me completely off.  I am a Mexican food lover and it was completely unappetizing, to me.

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

Made my own tacos on the Wonder.      They were awesome.  
yeah I eat the like this.   Lol.  

Looks good to me! I'll try everything anyway but did you have any of the pre-made burritos or quesadillas? Will be trying El Loco Fresh for the first time on Wonder in June.

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Looks good to me! I'll try everything anyway but did you have any of the pre-made burritos or quesadillas? Will be trying El Loco Fresh for the first time on Wonder in June.

I didn’t try them.  As I’m a little picky on what I eat.  And didn’t know what was inside of them. And didn’t want to waste them if there was something I didn’t like.

but make sure to find the hot sauces.  They have a bunch.    
And the hours of operation can be weird.   One day they didn’t open till 2pm.   
here’s a few on my dailies with times.  

867EFF63-D3BF-4334-BA52-A2940FBF5519.jpeg

A5AAACD7-79E4-483A-AF3F-A420DC595429.jpeg

A2B0E627-D10A-44EC-8380-4C1F4AF021F9.jpeg

49C9F84E-1FD9-4CD4-AC2E-89F0CC56A975.jpeg

Edited by Cruise5life
  • Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said: Will be trying El Loco Fresh for the first time on Wonder in June.

Your gonna love the water show.  
they have world class swimmers and divers.  A Olympian and record holder swimmer and divers.   
of course. If your into that type of show.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Cruise5life said:

I didn’t try them.  As I’m a little picky on what I eat.  And didn’t know what was inside of them. And didn’t want to waste them if there was something I didn’t like.

Thanks for the info. I did notice from the app that the hours vary. Other free venues have some similar schedule quirks. It usually depends on port days vs. sea days, I believe.

I'm not picky... that's why I said I'd be trying everything anyway. Unless it's terrible, any food I take will not go to waste. 🤣

I make plenty of tacos on CocoCay. Having a taco bar onboard is going to be a good problem for me, lol. If I like the otther stuff... oh boy!

Also looking forward to the jalapeno pineapple margarita at the attached bar. The description is pretty much identical to the Goalpost margarita from Playmakers and I'm a big fan.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Astromaid said:

Are the items premade or are you able to build your own requesting certain ingredients (like Blue Iguana on Carnival)?

I think you can requests a special made item.   Just ask them behind the counter.  

Just now, OCSC Mike said:

Thanks for the info. I did notice from the app that the hours vary. Other free venues have some similar schedule quirks. It usually depends on port days vs. sea days, I believe.

I'm not picky... that's why I said I'd be trying everything anyway. Unless it's terrible, any food I take will not go to waste. 🤣

I make plenty of tacos on CocoCay. Having a taco bar onboard is going to be a good problem for me, lol. If I like the otther stuff... oh boy!

Also looking forward to the jalapeno pineapple margarita at the attached bar. The description is pretty much identical to the Goalpost margarita from Playmakers and I'm a big fan.

I love the fresh made tortillas on Cococay.   But we missed it in January.  Had bad weather.   

I have all the dailies from my trip in January if you have questions.  

• Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

On Wonder of the Seas burritos and quesadillas are premade:  tortillas are provided to make your own tacos or burritos and of course chips to make nachos.  I thouhgt it was overall very good (their guac was okay but could be doctored up with other things on the bar)....

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Funky Fusion FoodsJ said:

On Wonder of the Seas burritos and quesadillas are premade:  tortillas are provided to make your own tacos or burritos and of course chips to make nachos.  I thouhgt it was overall very good (their guac was okay but could be doctored up with other things on the bar)....

Correct they are pre made.   
the red and green sauce was good too.   

3C8CF0C1-5F34-4D2E-A9C4-834599C3E45A.jpeg

F2332C0B-7FD1-4EAD-9630-174C159727DD.jpeg

• Like 1

Here’s a cool video walk through.   
this was Covid times.    
I made my own tacos in January.  

and as she says.  The lines can get very long when first opening.   It went all the way to the poll at the 2pm opening.   I was one of the first ones there so no line for me. Lol 

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

Had the Quesadillas.  Cheese and Chicken.  Pre made burritos looked like the small ones you can get at the convenience store. Definitely not the ones at Blue Iguana on Carnival. I agree with others that the buffet aspect isn't as appealing as Savor. but you can mix things up a bit and there are condiments to assist.  For example, I made a bowl of chili (albeit not Texas style) by putting the rice, bean (drain them) and nacho chili in a bowl. Add some pico de gallo or salsa and guac and you're all set.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, OCSC Mike said:

I had the cheese quesadillas not the chicken and they were ok but plain. Needed spices or dip in something maybe. 

I watched them stick a big batch of the burritos in what looked like a microwave to heat. That turned me off. 

I'll stick to making my own from chips and the cheese quesadillas. 

Edited by firefly333
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

I had the cheese quesadillas not the chicken and they were ok but plain.

Which means my picky wife who doesn't eat Mexican or anything spicy will probably like them. 🤣

• Haha 1

37 minutes ago, OCSC Mike said:

Which means my picky wife who doesn't eat Mexican or anything spicy will probably like them. 🤣

The beans are actual beans, not refried. Also bland. Pulled pork or chicken and plain chips. Easy to eat non spicy. Someone asked and they cant make refried beans because there is a mexican restaurant who does them.  Just plain black beans.

8 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

The beans are actual beans, not refried. Also bland. Pulled pork or chicken and plain chips. Easy to eat non spicy. Someone asked and they cant make refried beans because there is a mexican restaurant who does them.  Just plain black beans.

She won't touch anything but tortilla/chips and cheese but thanks. I don't really expect her to want anything there anyway.

I'm not picky and it's free so it's for me. I rarely get to eat Mexican at all so I take what I can get.

3 hours ago, RFerrington said:

I read a lot of praises for ELF but frankly, I find it rather filthy.  Just like any buffet-style enterprise, things tend to get slung hither and yon.  I tried going there a few times but it just turns me completely off.  I am a Mexican food lover and it was completely unappetizing, to me.

We love El Loco Fresh.  Such a great place to grab a quick snack and not have to put a coverup on to go to WJ.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, OCSC Mike said:

Have had both they are good.  I open the burritos and scrape all the rice out and add the black beans to them instead.  I love the black beans.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, firefly333 said:

Might depend on the ship. On allure we had pre made burritos but they had bowls of chips you could add stuff to. Flour tortillas and beans and a couples kinds of meat and cheese sauce and there was a place outside with guacamole and picante and stuff.  I cant remember on oasis. I just made nachos. Everyone says dump the bowl of chips on your plate it's easier. It was ok for a snack but I get better tex mex here at home. 

I think it depends where you live how much you like it.

I don’t recall el loco on Allure.  Did they change it to that now?

Edited by topnole

1 minute ago, firefly333 said:

Wipe out cafe has the el loco menu but not the name. Dont ask me why. 

I believe it's because they quickly added the El Loco menu when it was re-positioned from Florida to Galveston. Enough time to change the food, not enough to re-do the venue.

6 minutes ago, firefly333 said:

Wipe out cafe has the el loco menu but not the name. Dont ask me why. 

We did allure last year out of Ft Lauderdale so that would explain it.  We recently just did symphony and my recollection was definitely different.  Now I know why.  I much prefer the outdoor line versus how packed it would get in wipe out.  

6 hours ago, Cruise5life said:

867EFF63-D3BF-4334-BA52-A2940FBF5519.jpeg

A5AAACD7-79E4-483A-AF3F-A420DC595429.jpeg

A2B0E627-D10A-44EC-8380-4C1F4AF021F9.jpeg

49C9F84E-1FD9-4CD4-AC2E-89F0CC56A975.jpeg

It is showing on the compass that it is open for breakfast, but I thought I heard they don't anymore?