Bar menus/prices Queen Victoria

edq

We are trying to determine whether a drinks package makes sense for us.  Has anyone sailed recently on Cunard and can give a sense of the drinks/cocktails/martini prices in the bars so that we can make a judgement?  Many thanks.

51 minutes ago, bluemarble said:

Here's a link to a QV bar menu. It's apparently from August 2022 since the document name is "qv_main_bar_menu_aug_2022a.pdf". It shouldn't be too far off I would think.

https://www.cunard.com/content/dam/cunard/my-voyage/pdfs/qv/qv_main_bar_menu_aug_2022a.pdf

Thank you SO much.  That is perfect!  Much appreciated.  

• 2 months later...

I'm travelling with Victoria in September, and have similar questions regarding the drinks package, and calculating if it's worth buying the package.

Cunard website states "Enjoy an incredible array of beers, wines by the glass, spirits, liqueurs, and cocktails up to $13 per serving, as well as all the benefits of the Premium Soft Drinks Option".

Can someone please clarify what's included in the $13 limit.

For example, according to the drinks menu price list, a Grey Goose vodka costs $7.90 for 1oz and $11.40 for 2oz. If a soft drink mixer (Schweppes tonic at $3.00) is also required, does that mean the cost of the serving is either $10.90 for 1oz Grey Goose + mixer or $14.40 for 2oz Grey Goose + mixer. If so, the 2oz goes over the £13 limit.

Thank you

15 hours ago, RannochMoor said:

I'm travelling with Victoria in September, and have similar questions regarding the drinks package, and calculating if it's worth buying the package.

Cunard website states "Enjoy an incredible array of beers, wines by the glass, spirits, liqueurs, and cocktails up to $13 per serving, as well as all the benefits of the Premium Soft Drinks Option".

Can someone please clarify what's included in the $13 limit.

For example, according to the drinks menu price list, a Grey Goose vodka costs $7.90 for 1oz and $11.40 for 2oz. If a soft drink mixer (Schweppes tonic at $3.00) is also required, does that mean the cost of the serving is either $10.90 for 1oz Grey Goose + mixer or $14.40 for 2oz Grey Goose + mixer. If so, the 2oz goes over the £13 limit.

Thank you

The staff is very knowledgeable on the drinks package.  Last crossing we had the included $12 drinks package.  The trick is to ask for your liquor and for a bottle of tonic, then it's considered 2 different orders.  If you ask for a vodka tonic then it's whatever the drink costs.  So you would ask for a 2 oz Grey Goose and a bottle of Schweppes.

Edited by ratflinger
  • Like 2

12 hours ago, Lanky Lad said:

My last trip was on P&O (I'm sorry) and the bar list was pathetic.  It will be lovely to be back on Cunard with a proper choice in the bars.

Depends what you drink and what bar. If you are a beer drinker the choice in Brodie's or similar on P&O are far superior, far cheaper and far more choice than any of the bars on any Cunard ship even including Golden Lion. Not everyone wants or can afford £20 cocktails.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Host Hattie said:

Don't worry there aren't many drinks at that price !

this.

also, when we looked at the prices for the Commodore, which we assumed it would be expensive on the speciality (captains names and history in each drink) we were pleasantly surprised.... my daughter knows the industry (alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages)  in London,  she tells me those are London prices for many of the cocktails, and by the sound of them, I know I must try at least a couple and some are very reasonably priced. Also the whiskey, I have paid more for Chivas in London last year than Cunard's price....

We are still deciding if we will do drinks package or not, but most definitely have in our to do list to go to the Commodore oh and also the pub, I think is the Golden Lion, not so much for the drinking, but someone here posted stuff and photos & videos about their food...and we wanna try it, that will probably require some drinking! 🙂

• Like 1

Definitely Golden Lion Pub. QM2 doesn’t have such a wide selection on the menu sadly and no starters. My favourites are the curry, the fish and chips and burger when on QV or QE. Last month  on QM2 we had the same curry in Britannia restaurant one night. Food is only available at lunch time and until 2 30. Don’t miss it. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, MrsPeel55 said:

this.

also, when we looked at the prices for the Commodore, which we assumed it would be expensive on the speciality (captains names and history in each drink) we were pleasantly surprised.... my daughter knows the industry (alcoholic & non alcoholic beverages)  in London,  she tells me those are London prices for many of the cocktails, and by the sound of them, I know I must try at least a couple and some are very reasonably priced. Also the whiskey, I have paid more for Chivas in London last year than Cunard's price....

We are still deciding if we will do drinks package or not, but most definitely have in our to do list to go to the Commodore oh and also the pub, I think is the Golden Lion, not so much for the drinking, but someone here posted stuff and photos & videos about their food...and we wanna try it, that will probably require some drinking! 🙂

And you must remember the price of you drink in the Comm Club includes a view that is almost unmatchable in a bar on land and, if your are lucky, hot canapés and live music.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, MrsPeel55 said:

this.

That is what everyone says but not everyone lives in London and we all know prices in London are a rip off. That doesn't mean Cunard should charge the same as they don't  pay VAT and purchase their drinks all duty free.

Edited by majortom10

55 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

That is what everyone says but not everyone lives in London and we all know prices in London are a rip off. That doesn't mean Cunard should charge the same as they don't  pay VAT and purchase their drinks all duty free.

I don’t think it is fair to say London prices are a rip off. They are high because they have high overheads and staff costs. Anyway, I have just looked at the prices for a smart bar in Bournemouth with a view. The cocktails are all £13.50. So Cunard prices don’t seem that unreasonable.

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, majortom10 said:

yes, but is a business, and is known well for being a more upmarket company.

We could have chosen to go with a (considerably long list) cheaper one, there we're tons of offers on free drinks package, gratuities included, and a number of other offers, but we wanted Cunard, so I was explaining that the prices are not completely a rip off...  but I would assume that people who book a cruise will do their research before booking?

Even before I got an account with Cunard I could see the bar's prices, I wasn't too stressed out on that because (Thank God) my daughter isn't a heavy drinker and myself I only drink on holidays, Christmas, New Year or weddings.... so, once again, if I thought it was a rip off I would have gone with one of the many cruise companies that charge a lot less.......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Winifred 22 said:

Definitely Golden Lion Pub. QM2 doesn’t have such a wide selection on the menu sadly and no starters. My favourites are the curry, the fish and chips and burger when on QV or QE. Last month  on QM2 we had the same curry in Britannia restaurant one night. Food is only available at lunch time and until 2 30. Don’t miss it. 

oh we wont miss thanks to you guys!!! I saw it on a post here in the boards, we then watched the videos with my daughter, we both want that curry (even though I'm not crazy about curries in general, that one sounds marvellous!!!!

The price of the cocktails on board reflects the high quality of ingredients and skillful preparation. Wine prices are not unreasonable too. 
Most cocktails onboard are below $12. It maybe worth getting the drinks package to get that extra pint at lunch or the odd hot chocolate or Fever Tree ginger ale during the day the without worrying. Plus…the service charge is included in drinks package. 

Edited by NE John
  • Like 1

My first request for drink prices was so helpful I am wondering if anyone has the wine list (bottles) for the main dining room?  Comparing a wine package to individual bottle purchases.   We are sailing on the QV.

Thanks

• Like 2

Thanks - the bar menu posted at the top was very helpful but doesn’t have the bottled wine choices and prices for the main dining room - it has the wine by the glass.  I was trying to see if anyone might have had the bottled wine list.   I believe they used to have their own labelled wine which was always nice and tended to be a bit less expensive.  

3 minutes ago, edq said:

Thanks - the bar menu posted at the top was very helpful but doesn’t have the bottled wine choices and prices for the main dining room - it has the wine by the glass.  I was trying to see if anyone might have had the bottled wine list.   I believe they used to have their own labelled wine which was always nice and tended to be a bit less expensive.  

Sorry, I didn’t check: I was misled by the words wine list. In May, their own label Sicilian rosé, which is very agreeable, was about $39, including the 15% service. I assume the other colours were probably the same.

• Like 1