Chocolate Melting Cake: Are we alone?

Lee Cruiser

I've only tried WCMC once.  Didn't do anything for me, and I'm a chocoholic.  Haven't ordered it since.

Bring on the Grand Marnier souffle!  The room-service chocolate cake from days gone by was excellent. Creme brulee is excellent.  There are other tasty options in the MDR that I've enjoyed over the years - and hope to enjoy again.

59 minutes ago, DontsaySemprini said:

Our last cruise on the Valor at Easter I had it and also requested it with peanut butter on the side. Mixing PB with the ice cream and cake was fantastic!

I'm going to try that combo in 13 days!!😁

On 4/21/2023 at 10:18 PM, CruizinSusan70 said:

The only desserts worthy are the Grand Marnier Souffle and the Bitter n Blanc.

Agreed.  I would throw in the Tiramisu and the confetti cheesecake from the Lido as well.

On 4/21/2023 at 9:01 PM, Lee Cruiser said:

Just curious to know if anyone is like my wife and me.  We hear lots of folks raging about the chocolate melting cake, but we are not fans.  We have tried it a few times throughout the years (mostly on our first few cruises), but it is not something that we are wild about.  My wife makes a chocolate cobbler that is similar, but tastes much better.  In reality, we are not impressed with many of the desserts in the main dining room.  We usually skip dessert at dinner.  We do like some of the cakes at lunch, but those can be hit or miss depending on the ship.

Nope, not just you.  My daughter loves them...I think it feels like uncooked cake batter and that's not my jam!