Brightline Train-more info please

kelkel2

I was having a hard time seeing a good service map, and I know it’s not in service yet in Orlando. But, on our last cruise out of PC our driver talked to us all about the train and told us how wonderful it will be. That it’s going to connect from MCO to Miami? I remember the tracks running along the interstate on the way to the Port, so when it’s in service, will it take you all the way to Coco beach area? Like would it be reliable transportation between the airport and the port? 

The track is always on the mainland, never east of the intracoastal (i.e. on the barrier islands).  After hugging the I-95 corridor north from Miami, it makes the turn west to Orlando near Cocoa.  I’ve read that officials in Cocoa and Brevard County are hoping a station will be built there in the future.

image.thumb.png.9509d44402145daafc244bb12baa8220.png

23 minutes ago, Pyrate13 said:

The rail turns south right around exit 45 off the 528 to US1. The first port exit off 528 is 54 so you're looking at approximately 9 miles or so.

Gotcha, that makes sense. I just remember we were following it until we weren’t and I couldn’t remember where we lost view of it.

15 minutes ago, Rothko1 said:

If you jump off the train right before it turns west towards MCO, you'll be pretty close to Port C.

How hard do you think it would be to get an Uber from the station to the port? 

the turn to the west and MCO happens very near the 528/95 interchange .. this is the closest point tween tracks and port .... approx 7.6 miles ... actually the land being planned for a potential station and actual terminal locations mean further . . . 

Not trying to get in a p******match but the turn is near US 1. You can follow it clearly on Goggle maps satellite view. I-95 is exit 42 off the 528, the first port exit is exit 54 so that makes 95 about 12 miles or so. US 1 is exit 45.  obviously, the exit numbers are not exact miles but close.

If anyone is deeply interested in the engineering of the BrightLine, "the roaming railfan" has created several dozen videos for U-tube about various aspects of the construction process. Hundreds of hours of drone and ground footage. The construction of the bend from the north-south rail route to the east-west new segment in Cocoa is especially interesting. 

Although the new line will be mostly single track at first, the bridges and the flyover at I-95 were constructed to eventually accommodate a second track

12 hours ago, Cienfuegos said:

If anyone is deeply interested in the engineering of the BrightLine, "the roaming railfan" has created several dozen videos for U-tube about various aspects of the construction process. Hundreds of hours of drone and ground footage. The construction of the bend from the north-south rail route to the east-west new segment in Cocoa is especially interesting. 

Although the new line will be mostly single track at first, the bridges and the flyover at I-95 were constructed to eventually accommodate a second track

I actually am genuinely interested. I’ll check that out, thank you!

I live in Illinois and all we have is Amtrak where I am, so this appears much better! 

On 4/23/2023 at 12:33 PM, Rothko1 said:

If you jump off the train right before it turns west towards MCO, you'll be pretty close to Port C.

On 4/28/2023 at 12:59 PM, Langoustine said:

Of course, the train will still be moving at that point.....

I did catch that  😄

• 2 weeks later...

The West Palm Beach paper notes that tickets are on sale for September 1 and later. But, it's possible the company may launch service before that  date and open up earlier ticket inventory.  Or may push back the start date if required.

Here on the Treasure Coast (Martin-St Lucie-Indian River  counties), there's still a lot of work underway.

Thanks for the schedule.  Although there is a 125 mph segment for about 25 miles, some 80 mph, and about 40-50 miles of 110 mph, there are several sections of 35 mph.  It would make a good sixth grade math test...

• Haha 1