Mariner of the seas balcony guarantee-anyone done this? Are all balconies facing ocean?

We have never done the balcony guarantee before as we have always chosen our state room.  I was wondering if anyone has done this on the mariner of the seas and if in fact, the balconies are facing the ocean as opposed to the internal shopping area? Thank you in advance.!! 

25 minutes ago, bgoff60 said:

Only on the Oasis class do you need to worry about getting a balcony room guarantee that MIGHT face the internal part of the ship.  (Board walk or Central Park neighborhoods)

On Oasis class one can reserve a neighborhood guarantee (central park or boardwalk) or an ocean balcony guarantee.  Important to understand the difference when booking GTY.

OP - no interior balconies on Mariner.  We had a recent Mariner GTY and were assigned a great mid ship balcony on deck 6.  

m

• Thanks 1

• 2 months later...

We have a guarantee for Mariner on July 21st I am sure that lifeboats will probably be a problem for us but I will just have to wait and see. How close to the cruise do you get the assigned rooms? That is something I would like to know.

9 minutes ago, dagadget said:

We have a guarantee for Mariner on July 21st I am sure that lifeboats will probably be a problem for us but I will just have to wait and see. How close to the cruise do you get the assigned rooms? That is something I would like to know.

I don’t  believe Mariner has obstructed balconies.

m

• Like 3

2 hours ago, dagadget said:

Almost all AFT balcony's have the obstructed symbol, but no one seems to care if they want a aft facing view. There are no obstructed balcony's on either side of the ship.  If you are not happy with the cabin assignment you can change to any other same category cabin on the ship that is available. There have been a few posts recently that some reps are saying no to a GTY cabin change, never mention you have a GTY,  just let them know the cabin number you would like to change to. If you are using a TA then the TA must make the call to royal. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Almost all AFT balcony's have the obstructed symbol, but no one seems to care if they want a aft facing view. There are no obstructed balcony's on either side of the ship.  If you are not happy with the cabin assignment you can change to any other same category cabin on the ship that is available. There have been a few posts recently that some reps are saying no to a GTY cabin change, never mention you have a GTY,  just let them know the cabin number you would like to change to. If you are using a TA then the TA must make the call to royal. 

Thanks for reminding me about the aft cabins, especially those on lower balcony decks.  We had 6690 last year and there was an area of large closed deck space outside of the balcony.  It was private - no one could walk there.    I don't think the upper deck balconies had as much of an issue.  We picked the cabin and even with the large balcony and aft view, might not select it again. 

M

15 hours ago, taglovestocruise said:

We have never had an aft Balcony before and those always seem to be in demand. But what happens if the cruise is over booked?  Been readying about just that recently but not mentioned Mariner of the Seas at least. 

Royal Caribbean Has a New Problem You Need to Know About - TheStreet

5 minutes ago, dagadget said:

We have never had an aft Balcony before and those always seem to be in demand. But what happens if the cruise is over booked?  Been readying about just that recently but not mentioned Mariner of the Seas at least. 

Royal Caribbean Has a New Problem You Need to Know About - TheStreet

IF the cruise is overbooked they will start offering people more and more incentives to change their cruise. Actually being cancelled because they are overbooked is unbelievably rare.  If it was something that happened with any frequency this forum would be littered with threads "Royal cancelled my cruise!!!! 😞 "  

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

IF the cruise is overbooked they will start offering people more and more incentives to change their cruise. Actually being cancelled because they are overbooked is unbelievably rare.  If it was something that happened with any frequency this forum would be littered with threads "Royal cancelled my cruise!!!! 😞 "  

Personally hoping that my inaugural on the Icon is oversold and some offers go out.  Depending on the offer I could be tempted to take the credit and a free sailing

• Like 2

Just now, Ourusualbeach said:

Personally hoping that my inaugural on the Icon is oversold and some offers go out.  Depending on the offer I could be tempted to take the credit and a free sailing

A free sailing would be great but wouldn't you be messed up with the flights?  I haven't looked at AC or WJ in quite a while.  Do they have flexible change policies?

2 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

A free sailing would be great but wouldn't you be messed up with the flights?  I haven't looked at AC or WJ in quite a while.  Do they have flexible change policies?

I'm likely driving, so it's not an issue, if by chance I do book flights they will be refundable.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I'm likely driving, so it's not an issue

🤯

You are a hearty soul

ScreenShot2023-07-08at8_48_52AM.thumb.png.26862095e800248d7027675456a286d2.png

I'm good for 500 miles a day max... That'd take me three days.

Edited by Tree_skier

29 minutes ago, Tree_skier said:

I agree and this has only happened to the newest and biggest ships and only a few isolated times at that.

On 4/24/2023 at 4:01 PM, PIR8LUVR said:

I've done guaranteed balconies before. The only problem you might run into is having an obstructed view from the life boats.

Not on Mariner.  The lifeboats are hanging above deck 4.  The only "obstructed" balconies are on the aft, but the obstruction is the ship's superstructure.   Aft balconies are actually my favourite on that class of ship. 

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ourusualbeach said:

25 hours, straight though.  Could be faster but the women refuse to pee in a cup.

That is a two-day trip for me but as I live in Florida it is a 2 hour and 15-minute drive for me to Port Canaveral.

• Like 1