Covid

floridababa

This may help.  It is date 4 April 2023.  How long have you been in lockdown?  What is HAL saying?

My suspicion is if you are still testing positive on April 29 in Rome you will be subject to another 5 day quarantine.

https://www.tourist-in-rom.com/en/rome-coronavirus-covid-19/#Quarantine_in_Italy

1 hour ago, floridababa said:

I have been placed on lockdown. I am fine with no symptoms but tested positive 

I am suppose to stay till April 29 and disembark in Rome. They keep changing their rules. Anyone with experience that can give me some advice please

Why were you tested if you have no symptoms? Is there a large outbreak on the ship where everyone was tested?

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

What ship? Has the ship told you how you will get to Rome after disembarkation?

Yes, a bad cough is a symptom. The isolation is to stop the disease from spreading. Hope that you get well soon! 🙂

Edited by HappyInVan
  • Like 4

2 hours ago, FlorenceItaly said:

This may help.  It is date 4 April 2023.  How long have you been in lockdown?  What is HAL saying?

My suspicion is if you are still testing positive on April 29 in Rome you will be subject to another 5 day quarantine.

https://www.tourist-in-rom.com/en/rome-coronavirus-covid-19/#Quarantine_in_Italy

It is very confusing since I tested on 4/24 and that is considered day 0 so 5 days brings me to 4/29 when the ship docks but they are saying I cannot fly out until 4/30 which would be 5 complete days

They are talking about putting me up in a hotel for the one night

i thought rules had changed 

3 minutes ago, HappyInVan said:

What ship? Has the ship told you how you will get to Rome after disembarkation?

Yes, a bad cough is a symptom. The isolation is to stop the disease from spreading. Hope that you get well soon! 🙂

Obviously people are walking around positive and avoiding the testing

No one knows anything and I’m getting conflicting information 

• Like 1

I believe it’s 5 days if you are triple vaxxed. 

Old rules: 

When my daughter caught Covid overseas last year, she had to wait the ten full days and couldn’t fly until day 11. She couldn’t pull a negative until after we were home. 

Edited by spleenstomper

24 minutes ago, spleenstomper said:

I believe it’s 5 days if you are triple vaxxed. 

Old rules: 

When my daughter caught Covid overseas last year, she had to wait the ten full days and couldn’t fly until day 11. She couldn’t pull a negative until after we were home. 

They are counting the first day which was Monday as day zero which I quarantined all day since I tested at 9 am

so 5 full days brings me to Friday a full 5 days so I should be allowed to fly home on Saturday. They are not counting Monday so that means Saturday would be day 5 and I have to be in a hotel for one night

• Like 1

Are you on or off the ship?  If off the ship consult the website of the appropriate Italian government entity and see what those rules are.  Once you leave the ship you are bound by the local authority.   The US has no rules about flying home if you are a US citizen. 

5 hours ago, floridababa said:

I am suppose to stay till April 29 and disembark in Rome. They keep changing their rules. Anyone with experience that can give me some advice please

We were on the cruise with you and got off on Saturday in BCN.  Hubby fell ill on Saturday in Ponta Delgada and went to ship doc on Monday morning and tested positive.  They also tested me and I was negative.  We had brought home tests so we knew the result before going.  They said isolation for 6 days from symptom onset. So that said lockdown until Friday.  They do not retest, as patients often test positive far longer that they are sick. Nurse called cabin Friday morning around 7AM to ask how he was feeling and if symptoms have improved.  He said yes as he felt fine since Wednesday.  They released him and he was able to get off ship to visit Alicante.  There was no question about disembarking in BCN I guess because he had been marked recovered on Friday. 

Edited by Native Floridian 26

Italy must have changed their rules.  In October 2022, my husband came down with COVID and was put in quarantine.  He was initially fairly sick but then improved quickly.  We were supposed to disembark in Civitavecchia on day 5 in order to fly home from Rome the next day and he was feeling better but still tested positive.  At the time, according to Celebrity, Italy was not permitting anyone testing positive to disembark.  So Celebrity "generously" allowed us to stay on the ship until it ported in Valencia, Spain two days later.  It was a little bit of an adventure finding flights to fly home to the U.S. but in the end it all worked out.

OP, please contact whoever you are dealing with in Guest Services ASAP and have them confirm that you will be permitted to disembark in Italy even if you test positive.  Once you feel confident about the rules you can make better decisions.  Good luck!

5 hours ago, floridababa said:

However, in a later post you said you had a bad cough.  Don't you understand that a cough is a primary symptom of covid and you are contagious and have very possibly spread it to other people on the ship?  Please follow all the rules and do not get on a plane and give it to others until you are medically cleared to fly.

• Like 9

On 4/25/2023 at 6:06 PM, baggal said:

Italy must have changed their rules.  In October 2022, my husband came down with COVID and was put in quarantine.  He was initially fairly sick but then improved quickly.  We were supposed to disembark in Civitavecchia on day 5 in order to fly home from Rome the next day and he was feeling better but still tested positive.  At the time, according to Celebrity, Italy was not permitting anyone testing positive to disembark.  So Celebrity "generously" allowed us to stay on the ship until it ported in Valencia, Spain two days later.  It was a little bit of an adventure finding flights to fly home to the U.S. but in the end it all worked out.

OP, please contact whoever you are dealing with in Guest Services ASAP and have them confirm that you will be permitted to disembark in Italy even if you test positive.  Once you feel confident about the rules you can make better decisions.  Good luck!

Thank you.  I will be flying home Sunday 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

What ship are you on? 

I am glad that our cruise is not going to Italy because they are much stricter than the rest of Europe.  However, I worry that Covid seems to be running through your ship.

I am sorry to inform you OP is on the Nieuw Statendam.

Edited by FlorenceItaly

I'm glad my DH's isolation was over the day before debarkation and that we got off in Barcelona. Sorry about your delay.  I heard there were 4 Covid people on the ship, but sounds like there were more.  I know they had 4 verandah cabins designated for isolation (we got one when we asked to be moved from our booked inside cabin), but that doesn't mean there are tons more cases where people just remained in their original cabins.  

On 4/26/2023 at 4:40 AM, Mary229 said:

Are you on or off the ship?  If off the ship consult the website of the appropriate Italian government entity and see what those rules are.  Once you leave the ship you are bound by the local authority.   The US has no rules about flying home if you are a US citizen. 

Well there are - depends on the country you are in and the airline you are flying with - the US rules don't cover the whole world!  Countries and companies make their own rules 

4 minutes ago, lissie said:

Well there are - depends on the country you are in and the airline you are flying with - the US rules don't cover the whole world!  Countries and companies make their own rules 

Yes, the Medical Center told us when you get off if during the isolation, you have to follow the "Rule of the Land".  So that's Italy's rules.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, FlorenceItaly said:

I am sorry to inform you OP is on the Nieuw Statendam.

Thank you, I was afraid of that.😆  There are a few from our Roll Call that made the transatlantic, and more doing the cruise before ours.  I hope it's not too bad and that the cases will wind down before May14th.

OP hope you feel better and can fly out without any delays.  Please keep us informed if you hear any Covid number cases in the next few days.

57 minutes ago, lissie said:

Please reread my post.  I said first if not on the ship local authorities come first and that the US does not have any Covid rules about flying into the US if you are a US citizen.  

PS I know that American, Delta and United don’t have any rules outside of the US rules when flying direct.  

Edited by Mary229

4 hours ago, floridababa said:

Thank you.  I will be flying home Sunday 

Sorry to hear about your cough and case of COVID-19. Here's some info from the CDC about what is expected.

Did they clear you to fly on Sunday?

I know the "Day Zero" issue has been a source of confusion for many; I wish things had been clearer since the beginning on how to count the days. I've had friends think they're okay to go out and about after 4 days without re-testing, don't follow the guidance about high quality masks for additional days, and then wonder why those they came into contact with ended up sick thereafter.  

I pray you get well soon and everything works out for you!

All the Best!

• Like 1