Build a better library

DesertRat46

We saw that little set of books…sad. I remember books I read on certain cruises.  . Med cruise 2010…The Help.  Really had me wondering what the crew thought of us all.  Adriatic 2013…Where are You Going Bernadette?  Wondered who was escaping their reality. We can all bring our own books, but the library was just a great place to find one you might have missed…

• Like 1

• 8 months later...
On 4/26/2023 at 2:39 PM, davekathy said:

IMO, perfect spot for Celebrity to consider turning the space into a lounge for elite and above. 

How about converting that space into a cigar lounge?  If they put in the right ventilation system it would be okay!  Smokers (cigars only) would have the option of smoking at the Sunset Bar, where they are at the mercy of the weather, or a nice comfy indoor lounge.  Just a thought!

Elvis

You know of course no matter where we smoke we are plotting the take-over of the world! 

If you want a real library, you should book a cruise on one of the Regent ships. This is the library from the new Grandeur. It's three separate areas. These pictures don't even cover it all. It's on the of the nices libraries I've ever been in, on land or sea. And I read all my books on an electronic device but still love a library

IMG_2758.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/26/2023 at 4:49 PM, bigbenboys said:

If you look at deck 8 on Millie or Summit you will see that the library's is gone. Replaced by 2 inside cabins. The changed happen with the Celebrity's Revolution. Photo of the library cart from The Edge 2019.

IMG_20190303_105119536.thumb.jpg.66de58493ce40fb9f8d04826c6f87385.jpg

thats where I found the  EDGE ART BOOK.. for pax to take with them,  and some nice magazines and puzzle books..  No longer in use..they did put some shelves somewhere.

The  over priced & little used men's shop or misplaced Tiffanys would make a cute self serve coffee/tea/ reading spot.. 

1 hour ago, lorimay said:

If you want a real library, you should book a cruise on one of the Regent ships. This is the library from the new Grandeur. It's three separate areas. These pictures don't even cover it all. It's on the of the nices libraries I've ever been in, on land or sea. And I read all my books on an electronic device but still love a library

IMG_2758.jpg

IMG_2756.jpg

IMG_2757.jpg

I don’t spend time reading books on a ship so that would a waste of space 

1 hour ago, Elvis1209 said:

How about converting that space into a cigar lounge?  If they put in the right ventilation system it would be okay!  Smokers (cigars only) would have the option of smoking at the Sunset Bar, where they are at the mercy of the weather, or a nice comfy indoor lounge.  Just a thought!

Elvis

You know of course no matter where we smoke we are plotting the take-over of the world! 

They should banned cigars of a ship because it even smells up area in a non smoking area 🤬

A pot smoking area would probably be more usefully 😉😁

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)
On 4/26/2023 at 2:39 PM, davekathy said:

IMO, perfect spot for Celebrity to consider turning the space into a lounge for elite and above. 

On 4/26/2023 at 4:14 PM, NutsAboutGolf said:

While I agree, the space seems way too small

I suppose this could be possible if Celebrity needed to attract more repeat cruisers. Since the cruise industry is booming right now for all cruise lines, I wouldn't think loyalty programs are on the top on anyone's priority list. Like others have said, they would probably convert the space into something that generates immediate income.

Edited by 2chiefs

Thanks goodness X scraped plans to turn that library space into inside cabins when they did the first "revolutionized" ship. That had originally been in the plans but apparently there was so much negative feedback, that was dropped. Love the library on S class ships. Great quite place and good for people watching, as you can see outside as well as inside. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Ex-Airbalancer said:

I don’t spend time reading books on a ship so that would a waste of space 

They should banned cigars of a ship because it even smells up area in a non smoking area 🤬

A pot smoking area would probably be more usefully 😉😁

That would work too!

Elvis

On 4/27/2023 at 5:56 AM, Baynanno1 said:

A few disturbing posts for an avid reader of real books.

I enjoyed the Library on Eclipse in December and hope it is similar on Solstice in October on another cruise with more sea days than port days. The library cart above looks pathetic!

That is E class.  Many great spaces taken away… Won’t sail E again…

• Like 1