Princess Southampton to LHR transfer times.

macmax

@tdtanc Last June we opted for the Princess transfer from the port to LHR. They dropped us off right at our terminal. You need to reserve and pay for it before boarding (the earlier the better). It was $59.00 per person and went very smoothly. We sat in front and the driver was entertaining regarding his comments on other drivers. Personally, I would not wait to get on the ship to book the transfer. They can fill up.

Blackberry Cars is very popular. The least expensive would be a Saloon car and is 150 GBP or $191.25 as of today's currency rate. Private transfers are on the spendy side. Or, you can get a cab to the coach station and save even more money.

https://www.blackberrycars.com/southampton-airport/

We took Blackberry Cars once to LHR and shared it with another couple. A third couple was to join us but covid intervened.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, nini said:

@tdtanc Last June we opted for the Princess transfer from the port to LHR. They dropped us off right at our terminal. You need to reserve and pay for it before boarding (the earlier the better). It was $59.00 per person and went very smoothly. We sat in front and the driver was entertaining regarding his comments on other drivers. Personally, I would not wait to get on the ship to book the transfer. They can fill up.

Blackberry Cars is very popular. The least expensive would be a Saloon car and is 150 GBP or $191.25 as of today's currency rate. Private transfers are on the spendy side. Or, you can get a cab to the coach station and save even more money.

https://www.blackberrycars.com/southampton-airport/

We took Blackberry Cars once to LHR and shared it with another couple. A third couple was to join us but covid intervened.

Thank you for this info. Do you recall what time the shuttle left for Heathrow? Our flight is not until 3:45pm on Virgin Atlantic out of Terminal 3 on a saturday so I would say as long as we are there by noon all should be fine I would think. 

11 minutes ago, tdtanc said:

Thank you for this info. Do you recall what time the shuttle left for Heathrow? Our flight is not until 3:45pm on Virgin Atlantic out of Terminal 3 on a saturday so I would say as long as we are there by noon all should be fine I would think. 

Part of booking the transfer is that when disembarking paperwork is passed out, they will ask you your flight information and place you accordingly or you can tell them what bus you want to be on. 3:45 is plenty of time.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, nini said:

Part of booking the transfer is that when disembarking paperwork is passed out, they will ask you your flight information and place you accordingly or you can tell them what bus you want to be on. 3:45 is plenty of time.

Great thank you. I can avoid the private transfer and save a bit of money for the rest of these very expensive excursions. 

5 hours ago, tdtanc said:

Hey. Thank you so much for this thread. Have a few questions and thanks in advance for the answers.

Arriving June 8th to Southhampton on Regal Princess. Would like to book princess transfer to Heathrow. Flight at 3:45pm.

1. Was gonna call princess agent and book this pre cruise. Sounds like it is $59 per person. I have onboard credit but it sounds like they can not use that pre cruise. Should I just wait to get on the ship to book to use this credit or do I run the risk of it being full?

2. Someone mentioned the times for meet up for departures. If you self disembark can you just get an early transfer that easy?

3. Sounds like I would need to deal with excursion desk on the ship which I usually try to avoid for true logistial answers. 

4. Anyone know of a private transfer that is $150-$200?

Todd

We were on the Regal's June 25th sailing last year.  We checked in with GS when we boarded because we wanted the transfer back to Heathrow.  They said that they would distribute forms later in the cruise and we could indicate on that form that we wanted the transfer so that's what we did.  I had said that I'd heard reports about people trying to buy them on the ship and being turned down.  They said the only way that would happen is if someone waited too late in the cruise (like on the last day) to buy the transfer.  It worked out well for us.  They will assign a time to you and if it doesn't work for you, just ask if you can be moved to another timeslot.  They usually can accommodate those request, but it all depends on the bus schedules and how many others are booked for the timeslot you want.

As for private transfers we used West Quay to get to Southampton.  They were fantastic.  They even waited 4 hours for our late flight!

4 minutes ago, Tranquility Base said:

I have a car service picking us up at Southampton port for the transfer to LHR.

What port address in Southampton should I give to the airline, as they order the car on my behalf ?

Thanks. 

Look on your Itinerary on the website but note that it could change.  There are a couple of different cruise terminals that Princess uses and they can be a few miles apart.  We left from Mayflower and came back to the Ocean Cruise terminal.  You can see the different ones on this map.

image.thumb.png.d2c622f0ece0940044e84e96faa71d68.png

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/14/2024 at 2:28 PM, tdtanc said:

1. Was gonna call princess agent and book this pre cruise. Sounds like it is $59 per person. I have onboard credit but it sounds like they can not use that pre cruise. Should I just wait to get on the ship to book to use this credit or do I run the risk of it being full?

I have this same question as I expect to have OBC that I otherwise probably won't use.  But, I don't want to end up with no transfers.  Anyone have any thoughts of booking ahead of time vs onboard?  This  is for the July 13 Sky Princess (so July 20 return to LHR).

8 minutes ago, PATRLR said:

I have this same question as I expect to have OBC that I otherwise probably won't use.  But, I don't want to end up with no transfers.  Anyone have any thoughts of booking ahead of time vs onboard?  This  is for the July 13 Sky Princess (so July 20 return to LHR).

There's always a few slots left.  Make sure to go to GS and purchase the transfers as soon as the disembarkation survey forms go out.

On 1/14/2024 at 2:28 PM, tdtanc said:

Hey. Thank you so much for this thread. Have a few questions and thanks in advance for the answers.

Arriving June 8th to Southhampton on Regal Princess. Would like to book princess transfer to Heathrow. Flight at 3:45pm.

2. Someone mentioned the times for meet up for departures. If you self disembark can you just get an early transfer that easy?

3. Sounds like I would need to deal with excursion desk on the ship which I usually try to avoid for true logistial answers. 

4. Anyone know of a private transfer that is $150-$200?

Todd

1) We have done this transfer several times now.  Yes, it used to be $59 but I *think* I've read here on CC that it may have gone up some.  (IDK)

2) You will receive a disembarkation info sheet which will direct you exactly what to do and when.  You may very well get an earlier bus (assuming that there is more than one)...keep in mind that there are likely other passengers who will NOT be doing self-disembark, so there's going to be a bus to accommodate those people.  We always do self disembark...we have on occasion had to wait for the bus to "fill up".

3) If you cannot get the transfer booked prior to your cruise then yes, you'll have to deal with the excursion desk.  (Although you just *might* be able to do this on the app...I've never looked, but in theory, you can book excursions on the app.  I would take a look there once on board before fighting crowds at the desk.)  As far as booking prior to you cruise...look in your cruise personalizer under the "Air" section.  It might let you do it there.

4) Can't help you there...no first-hand experience but I can vouch for Blackberry Cars.  They are London based so I don't have any idea if they do this transfer or what kind of money they would want...but they are really good for in-London trips.  We use them almost every time we are in London.