Flying home from Rome

Mkripke

2 minutes ago, Mkripke said:

Hello

We are looking to book the Edge in July that ends in Rome. I can get a good price on flights leaving at 10:30am. Do you think that would be cutting it close?

IMO Yes, I'd stay over a night or two, explore the city and take that flight from the hotel rather than cruise port. 

• Like 1

I believe it is an hour to Rome Fiumicino Airport by taxi so you would be cutting it very fine. Our last two cruises (not Civitavecchia) were very slow disembarking although you would no doubt be off first carrying your luggage. 

Rometolimo is a good transfer company btw

1 hour ago, hawkesbaynz said:

I believe it is an hour to Rome Fiumicino Airport by taxi so you would be cutting it very fine. Our last two cruises (not Civitavecchia) were very slow disembarking although you would no doubt be off first carrying your luggage. 

Rometolimo is a good transfer company btw

18 minutes ago, PelicanLvr said:

???

We have used romeinlimo (frequently recommended on these boards) and they are excellent.  

I've done a lot of research and found RometoLimo on the high end as they want 170 Euros (about $186 USD currently) each way (port to FCO) plus gratuities.  Transfeero was about $138 USD all in

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mkripke said:

Hello

We are looking to book the Edge in July that ends in Rome. I can get a good price on flights leaving at 10:30am. Do you think that would be cutting it close?

10:30 is too early. I wouldn't book anything before 11:30-12:00.

I’m on beyond arriving at port 6 am  august 8..  I have plane leaving 1030am. I plan to arrange private transport to fco. I’ll carry my own bags off at 630 and should arrive by 8.  Done it before with no issues

Are you guys planning to get the Fast Track for the Rome airport? I read a thread that Rome is a mess at the airport with long security lines and difficulty getting to the gate. I bought the Fast Track pass, hope it helps. 

15 hours ago, crewsgirl said:

Are you guys planning to get the Fast Track for the Rome airport? I read a thread that Rome is a mess at the airport with long security lines and difficulty getting to the gate. I bought the Fast Track pass, hope it helps. 

When I read the details, it didn’t seem that you can use Fast Track in the terminal used for flights to US

10 hours ago, Fishboy1947 said:

When I read the details, it didn’t seem that you can use Fast Track in the terminal used for flights to US

Delta flys out of Terminal 3 and looks like they take Fast Track, they better, I paid to get through the line and have a voucher for this priority service. I do not see anything that states Terminal 3 doesn't allow Fast Track. 

https://assist-ant.com/airport-vip-services/fast-track-fco-airport-rome/#:~:text=The Fast Track FCO airport,Fiumicino Airport in Rome%2C Italy.

On the FCO airport web site they state that Fast Track is available at Terminal 1 and Terminal 3:

• Priority access to the Fast-Track gate in Terminal 1 and Terminal 3 for travellers wishing to go through security without queuing.
    Service cost: 7 euros per passenger (free for passengers from 0 to 12 years old when accompanied by a paying adult). If you wish to buy the Fast Track service for priority access to security checks at Rome Fiumicino, please go to the Rome Airports portal at the following link.

The above is copied from here.

If you hold a AMEX platinum you can get to the Fast Track Security Lane for free by just showing your card.  Here's the ITALIAN URL, you would need to translate the page if you can't read Italian; in google chrome screenshot, I circled the translate button 

https://www.americanexpress.com/it-it/benefici/viaggi/air/the-platinum-card/fast-track-program/

image.thumb.png.f842efa17dc16d5cea0889f2972f578e.png

Edited by NutsAboutGolf

Crewsgirl & Euro cruiser, thank you so much. My comment was made from memory. When I checked my records I had a quote from someone that all flights to US leave from gate 5, guess I didn’t check their info. I see our Am Airlines flights leave from terminal 3. Will get Fast Track for each of us

• Like 1