Adult Only Celebrity Cruise

shubsens

On 5/3/2023 at 10:19 AM, CruisinShips said:

It was just a very diverse crowd with an energetic and 20-30 something vibe

Gee, now I'm not sure what would be worse... a cruise filled with misbehaved screaming children or one filled with misbehaved hipster millennials?

• Like 3
  • Haha 3

12 minutes ago, upwarduk said:

Especially when they are running around the bars, as they were on Silhouette last August. 
They were a danger to the servers.

More of an announce for those wanting to enjoy a drink or two.

14 hours ago, hcat said:

Sandals  Bshamas is a great choice..  they have all adult policy , great  restaurants/ pubs ,quiet pool, active pools..music  lots to do day and night..

Some properties have golf....very nice.

with kiddos, try "Beaches"

Agree with Hcat; Bahamas Sandals a great way to spend your vacation!

Lots of great discussion but I guess there are no adult only cruises except the nudest ones which is too bad I think Celebrity is missing out, I think if they offered adult only cruises they might sell out.

We have only done one Celebrity cruise with almost no kids and every day we were in the solarium and there would be one kid that would sneak in and swim quietly until someone would complain and the kid had to leave so it kind of defeated the whole adults only vibe.

Not sure if Virgin is for us but it is appealing for the Adults only.

13 minutes ago, shubsens said:

Lots of great discussion but I guess there are no adult only cruises except the nudest ones which is too bad I think Celebrity is missing out, I think if they offered adult only cruises they might sell out.

We have only done one Celebrity cruise with almost no kids and every day we were in the solarium and there would be one kid that would sneak in and swim quietly until someone would complain and the kid had to leave so it kind of defeated the whole adults only vibe.

If one kid is swimming and not bothering anyone I don’t think I’d complain.  What if it becomes 2 or 3 or 5 kids?

I am not anti child and have never been on a Celebrity cruise where children have been a problem.  That may well be because we don’t cruise in school holidays.

When I was a teacher I was restricted to holiday time travel.  We were lounging on the beach at a Caribbean resort when a girl came over and said “Hello Mrs. _____. Two families from my school were at the same resort.  After that it was adult only for us until I retired.  I agree with previous posters that Sandals was superb.

2 hours ago, smtcan said:

I am not anti child and have never been on a Celebrity cruise where children have been a problem.  That may well be because we don’t cruise in school holidays.

When I was a teacher I was restricted to holiday time travel.  We were lounging on the beach at a Caribbean resort when a girl came over and said “Hello Mrs. _____. Two families from my school were at the same resort.  After that it was adult only for us until I retired.  I agree with previous posters that Sandals was superb.

I had the same teacher experience in Thailand! There I was on a tiny tropical island snorkelling when I heard “Hello Mrs…”. I didn’t mind the teenage girl so much as her mother trying to discuss her daughter’s difficulty with algebra whilst I was trying to enjoy a drink at the beach bar.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, shubsens said:

Lots of Celebrity cruises are already selling out

• Like 1

I do think they should make the Retreat adults only. Around 8 kids jumping in and out of the retreat pool all day everyday was almost enough to ruin it for me.  Especially with cost of suites now, it would be nice to feel like you were truly in a retreat.  

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, jakebloke said:

I do think they should make the Retreat adults only. Around 8 kids jumping in and out of the retreat pool all day everyday was almost enough to ruin it for me.  Especially with cost of suites now, it would be nice to feel like you were truly in a retreat.  

I wonder how the main pool compares to the Retreat pool in terms of number of kids and activity?  Obviously more at main pool.  Does the staff do anything to keep the noise down?

39 minutes ago, jakebloke said:

Disagree. Those kids are enjoying what their parents paid for. Same with kids in the Retreat Lounge. 

7 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Disagree. Those kids are enjoying what their parents paid for. Same with kids in the Retreat Lounge. 

Hey I didn’t have a pool at their age.  If I didn’t have one neither should they.  I need my beauty sleep.  🥸

• Haha 3

59 minutes ago, jakebloke said:

Don't forget the family is also paying premium prices for the kid to stay in their suite so in all fairness the cost does not matter.  

53 minutes ago, davekathy said:

Fair enough. However these kids' enjoyment shouldn't  supersede the enjoyment of everyone else.  I know it's not going to happen, I just wish it would, So.... then the parents should be supervising their children and stopping them jumping in the pool.  ITs clearly stated on Pool Rules sign NO JUMPING.  and in these words.. :"kids will be kids..watch yours"   It really was ridiculous.  

I overheard the parents talking about how there's nothing for the kids to do on this ship...Apex.  WHY WHY WHY don't you do your research and perhaps choose a different cruiseline?  And if you chose Celebrity for your own interests, then don't complain if there's not much for your kids to do.  And there's certainly more to do around the ship then in the Retreat.

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, jakebloke said:

Fair enough. However these kids' enjoyment shouldn't  supersede the enjoyment of everyone else.  I know it's not going to happen, I just wish it would, So.... then the parents should be supervising their children and stopping them jumping in the pool.  ITs clearly stated on Pool Rules sign NO JUMPING.  and in these words.. :"kids will be kids..watch yours"   It really was ridiculous.  

I overheard the parents talking about how there's nothing for the kids to do on this ship...Apex.  WHY WHY WHY don't you do your research and perhaps choose a different cruiseline?  And if you chose Celebrity for your own interests, then don't complain if there's not much for your kids to do.  And there's certainly more to do around the ship then in the Retreat.

Agree, the parents should be policing their own kids. That seems to be the bigger problem. 

Agree again. If the kids are bored with Celebrity it is the parents responsibility to keep their kids entertained, not Celebrity. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, jakebloke said:

We DO supervise our kids.  Most important lesson is to teach children to respect others.  We also choose other cruise lines based on itineraries and other factors.  Prefer the higher quality offerings on Celebrity and not the gimmicks on Carnival, RCL, NCL, etc.  We also don't complain nearly as much as what I see others complaining about on these threads.  Once again, behavior issues are not limited to the younger set.

47 minutes ago, docsneeze said:

We DO supervise our kids.  Most important lesson is to teach children to respect others.  We also choose other cruise lines based on itineraries and other factors.  Prefer the higher quality offerings on Celebrity and not the gimmicks on Carnival, RCL, NCL, etc.  We also don't complain nearly as much as what I see others complaining about on these threads.  Once again, behavior issues are not limited to the younger set.

It’s great that your kids are well behaved.  Do you speak for all the other parents onboard?

I’m aware that some adults have poor behavior.  I still want kids to behave also.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, stringbean10 said:

Are there any cruises free from grumpy old people who can’t bear seeing a handful of children?  I’d sign up for that in a minute!

This isn’t about children.  It’s about MISBEHAVING children and parents who don’t care.

You might want to try Disney.  I hear it’s a riot.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, zitsky said:

This isn’t about children.  It’s about MISBEHAVING children and parents who don’t care.

You might want to try Disney.  I hear it’s a riot.  

Post Didn’t say “misbehaving children” said adults only cruise - ie NO children.  Find a adults only line.  Celebrity ain’t it. 

54 minutes ago, stringbean10 said:

Post Didn’t say “misbehaving children” said adults only cruise - ie NO children.  Find a adults only line.  Celebrity ain’t it. 

That’s not a solution since some adults misbehave.  I guess the poster will have to stay home.  😂

2 hours ago, zitsky said:

It’s great that your kids are well behaved.  Do you speak for all the other parents onboard?

I’m aware that some adults have poor behavior.  I still want kids to behave also.

No and neither do I speak for the adults but I am willing to tolerate unavoidable bad behavior so as to not escalate an already bad situation.  Sometimes just better to walk away.  In any relationship, whether marriage, friends, or fellow passengers, one can't change others behavior but you can control how YOU react to it.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, docsneeze said:

No and neither do I speak for the adults but I am willing to tolerate unavoidable bad behavior so as to not escalate an already bad situation.  Sometimes just better to walk away.  In any relationship, whether marriage, friends, or fellow passengers, one can't change others behavior but you can control how YOU react to it.

That’s a nice philosophy.  There are some situations where you have to stand up for yourself.  Sometimes screaming kids or drunk adults can ruin your day.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, stringbean10 said:

Are there any cruises free from grumpy old people who can’t bear seeing a handful of children?  I’d sign up for that in a minute!

I heard a child laugh.  Ruined my cruise and they wouldn't give compensation or even a FCC.  

• Haha 2