Beverage Price Increase Martini Bar - Package Coverage

It has been reported that there is new pricing in the Martini Bar and the normal twist martini is now $20.  Photo of new menu page is included below.   In the past the menu prices had a small footnote that an 18% gratuity would be added. That footnote is now gone as is the note that there are 2 sizes available.  Someone has speculated that the new $20 simply represents the original cost + the gratuity.  However, the numbers don't quite add up to original price plus gratuity.

The premium beverage package on the Celebrity website is still showing that it includes drinks up to $17.00.  Has anyone heard whispers of a beverage package package price increase or an increase to the maximum price covered? Is this going to go along with the recent Celebrity trend of upcharges - room service, 2nd lobster tail - and even with the premium package will we soon see a $3 charge at the martini bar? (I cannot see where an upcharge for every transaction would go over well).  We normally upgrade to the premium package and with 2 cruises booked I would rather upgrade now at current pricing if there is a price change coming. 

I want to be clear, nobody is reporting any new / different upcharge at this time.  However, if someone is on board now, I would be curious what bartenders say they have been told regarding upcharges from Classic and Premium and the amount they are now charging.

Photo credit: L.Scott 

344765449_545727344165012_2755174500398818713_n.jpg

Where was that photo taken (what ship and itinerary)?  Menus in a few parts of the world (like Australia) include gratuities in the menu price.

• Like 2

I think I see where the $20 price is coming from now. On the app for Beyond and Edge the two prices for martinis are shown as "$15/20" meaning $15 for the regular size and $20 for the large. It was $18 previously for the large, I think?  Either way, I doubt there is now a requirement to purchase the large glass but who knows. On Constellation, it's showing the standard $15 price point, so it would appear that this is an Edge class specific change.

We are onboard the Silhouette sailing which is from the UK, and we are seeing the higher prices ($20) at the Martini Bar and also most of the World Class drinks are $20 as well.  I was wondering if prices have gone up on all the ships, or just pricing for the UK sailings as we were on a Caribbean cruise in February that had the $15 prices.  

The classic package is including drinks up to $12 (reminder: this is a UK sailing) and so I paid $8 last night to get a fancy drink, and I'm paying a few dollars to get better wines.  The premium package now covers up to $20, so it does cover the large martinis and world class drinks.  I had been planning to upgrade to premium as I had always done, but it now costs about $24/day 😳 before CC discounts, and there is a new rule that both people in the cabin must get the upgrade, so that would cost us $48/day.  I might get my money's worth because I like more expensive wines, but my husband is mostly happy with the classic package selection.  So we will pay the upcharges as we go and see how it works out.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

23 minutes ago, barneyboy said:

I believe that photo might have been posted from the Silhouette. As it is now sailing out of the U.K. gratuities are included with the price. 

Yes, I think that's a big part of the reason for the higher prices.  We are on the Silhouette and I also noticed that the upcharges I've been paying for our drinks (since we have the classic package) had no gratuity added onto them either.  Sailing from the US, if I got a drink that cost $2 more than my package, I think would pay an additional 20% (?) gratuity and probably see $2.40 charged to my account.  Here, I see simply $2.

If the 20% is correct, then that $15 martini would have cost around $18 in the US with no drink package.  But $20 is 33% higher, so there's also a price increase going on here as well.

Edited by SandG

1 hour ago, SandG said:

If the 20% is correct, then that $15 martini would have cost around $18 in the US with no drink package.  But $20 is 33% higher, so there's also a price increase going on here as well.

True, but the Premium drinks package now covers up to $17, so add the 18% to that and you get $20.

So yes the prices have gone up but so has the package coverage so there is no change in what you can get at the Martini Bar on the premium package.

The inclusion of the gratuity, and adjustment of the package limit on UK/Australia/New Zealand sailings is normal and has been going on for a long time now...

Edited by Mark_T
  • Like 1

The photo was taken from the Silhouette. However, other people reported seeing these prices on the Beyond and Summit.  Interesting that the Celebrity website doesn't mention the premium package now covering up to $20, but it wouldn't surprise me.  Unless someone had multiple premium cocktails each day it was cheaper to NOT upgrade from classic and just pay the $2 or $3 a couple of times a day.  If premium cocktails are now $20 and the covered amount for classic doesn't go up it might get more people to upgrade. 

38 minutes ago, WestCoastFlyer said:

Interesting that the Celebrity website doesn't mention the premium package now covering up to $20, but it wouldn't surprise me. 

Premium package only covers up to $20 in markets where menu prices must include gratuities (UK, Australia).  It is still a $17 limit in other markets. 

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, WestCoastFlyer said:

The photo was taken from the Silhouette. However, other people reported seeing these prices on the Beyond and Summit.  Interesting that the Celebrity website doesn't mention the premium package now covering up to $20, but it wouldn't surprise me.  Unless someone had multiple premium cocktails each day it was cheaper to NOT upgrade from classic and just pay the $2 or $3 a couple of times a day.  If premium cocktails are now $20 and the covered amount for classic doesn't go up it might get more people to upgrade. 

I am currently on the Summit and the Martini Bar prices are $15 and 18.  Those with the Classic package are being charged $5 plus the 20% gratuity so $6 to cover the difference in Classic limit of $10.  We are there nightly and have not seen anyone order a $18 martini.

I can see the Martini Bar on the app for my upcoming July sailing on the Millennium and the martinis are  $13, except for the 25th anniversary martini, which is $16. Screenshots attached. 

IMG_2808.PNG

IMG_2809.PNG

3 hours ago, njsmom said:

I can see the Martini Bar on the app for my upcoming July sailing on the Millennium and the martinis are  $13, except for the 25th anniversary martini, which is $16. Screenshots attached. 

IMG_2808.PNG

IMG_2809.PNG

The app for our current Summit sailing showed the old $13 prices and when the menus were updated just before sailing the bar menus were also.  Here is a shot of just part of the Martini bar menu in our app now

07FCCA85-6CF8-4167-81C9-9C3317AD90AB.thumb.png.ad5e2672ae6bfb16c311db3fde4b00f4.png

• Thanks 1

47 minutes ago, jelayne said:

The app for our current Summit sailing showed the old $13 prices and when the menus were updated just before sailing the bar menus were also.  Here is a shot of just part of the Martini bar menu in our app now

07FCCA85-6CF8-4167-81C9-9C3317AD90AB.thumb.png.ad5e2672ae6bfb16c311db3fde4b00f4.png

Interesting! I guess there are two sizes. I'll take two of the small, please. 

On 5/3/2023 at 6:42 PM, prmssk said:

Where was that photo taken (what ship and itinerary)?  Menus in a few parts of the world (like Australia) include gratuities in the menu price.

That menu is from an E class martini menu.