princess status match to other cruise lines?

dad son team

26 minutes ago, dad son team said:

I'm sailing Princess for the first time with a group and was wondering if they do any status match on their loyalty program?  I am Diamond on RCCL

No they do not.

4 hours ago, dad son team said:

I'm sailing Princess for the first time with a group and was wondering if they do any status match on their loyalty program?  I am Diamond on RCCL

Negative.

Cheers

5 hours ago, Bogof1 said:

They used to use P&O but no not any more.

Not strictly true - sometimes the wonderful Princess IT still brings it over, long after it supposedly stopped. How do I know? Because my wife's was brought over and she is Elite (first Princess cruise) but did not bring mine over☹️

How would that even make sense?! 🤣 "Yep.. you've been a loyal client of our opposition and you've never cruised with us. So here, have the perks for free that we offer our loyal customers to reward them". hahaha.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

How would that even make sense?! 🤣 "Yep.. you've been a loyal client of our opposition and you've never cruised with us. So here, have the perks for free that we offer our loyal customers to reward them". hahaha.

Airlines will do it quite often in an attempt to poach customers from competitors. Usually, it’s in the form of a challenge…. Here are the perks, but if you want to keep them, you have to fly on x flights, or fly y miles in the next 90 days.

• Like 2

57 minutes ago, Over from NZ said:

Well, MSC do exactly that.

The difference being, I suppose, is that as a "new kid on the block", they do not have a cohort of loyal passengers that will have built up loyalty levels over many years.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

How would that even make sense

Would make perfect sense if it was from the same parent cruise company - i.e. in this case any other Carnival brand. It would possibly help to keep passengers under the same umbrella.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Over from NZ said:

Well, MSC feels it makes sense, Princess Elite status matches to their top Diamond Level.  

However, one big difference if the MSC Voyage Club is, regardless of membership level, you must sail at least every 3 years to remain a member. 

I wonder how many captains circle members Princess would lose if they had the same rule. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, david63 said:

Not strictly true - sometimes the wonderful Princess IT still brings it over, long after it supposedly stopped. How do I know? Because my wife's was brought over and she is Elite (first Princess cruise) but did not bring mine over☹️

13 hours ago, david63 said:

That’s because all cruises taken on P£O before the cut of date think it was 2013ish were and are still honoured, it’s only the ones Tharen after the cut off that aren’t.

23 minutes ago, Bogof1 said:

That’s because all cruises taken on P£O before the cut of date think it was 2013ish were and are still honoured

Not so - otherwise I would also have had my loyalty honoured. I did, obviously, take this up with Princess and was told that it was an occasional "IT blip".

In any case if I remember correctly your loyalty was only honoured at the cut off date if you booked a Princess cruise before a certain date.

55 minutes ago, david63 said:

Not so - otherwise I would also have had my loyalty honoured. I did, obviously, take this up with Princess and was told that it was an occasional "IT blip".

In any case if I remember correctly your loyalty was only honoured at the cut off date if you booked a Princess cruise before a certain date.

I “think” you had to have registered for an account on Princess, not sailed, by a certain date. 
so that is maybe why/how  Bogof1’s wife achieved Elite status using P&O loyalty and he did not. 

8 minutes ago, Pink-belle said:

I “think” you had to have registered for an account on Princess, not sailed, by a certain date. 
so that is maybe why/how  Bogof1’s wife achieved Elite status using P&O loyalty and he did not. 

Nope - I had an account registered and got no status. My wife had no account until a cruise was booked and she got status.

It is my wife you got Elite not Bogof1’s

42 minutes ago, david63 said:

Nope - I had an account registered and got no status. My wife had no account until a cruise was booked and she got status.

Oh Yes, sorry David63 you are correct, I found this in the archives

Dear Guest, 

Thank you for being a loyal member of the Princess Cruises Captain's Circle Club. Previously, Princess Cruises has recognised your sailings history from its sister brand, P&O Cruises. This meant guests were awarded with increased membership benefits, based on sailings from both P&O Cruises and Princess Cruises. 

As our brands continue to grow and evolve, so must our loyalty programmes. With this in mind Princess Cruises is ending the P&O Cruises’ sailings recognition effective from Tuesday 12 December 2017. 

Details regarding the update can be found below: 
1. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked by (inclusive of) Tuesday 12 December 2017 will still count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership. 
2. P&O Cruises bookings that are booked on or after Wednesday 13 December 2017 will not count towards Princess Cruises' Captain's Circle Membership. 
3. Guests who have previously sailed with Princess Cruises will still have their completed P&O Cruises sailings count towards Princess Cruises’ Captain's Circle Membership and will not drop in loyalty tier due to the change on Tuesday 12 December 2017. For example, if you have sailed before onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member, you will sail again onboard Princess Cruises as an ‘Elite’ Member. 
Please visit https://book.princess.com/captaincir...pBenefits.page to familiarise yourself with the details on member benefits. 
4. If a guest has P&O Cruises sailings history but zero Princess Cruises sailings history, they will show as a new Princess Cruises guest against any bookings confirmed after Tuesday 12 December 2017. 

Yours faithfully, 
Princess Cruises

• Thanks 1

12 hours ago, wowzz said:

Well, MSC do exactly that.

The difference being, I suppose, is that as a "new kid on the block", they do not have a cohort of loyal passengers that will have built up loyalty levels over many years.

And we utilized MSC's matching and had a fabulous time.  Will be zero issues maintaining Diamond status there.

Cheers

6 hours ago, david63 said:

Just a thought, David. Did you apply using your current address and did you cruise previously using an earlier address? 

Edited by Ranchi