Benefit of Aqua Sky Suite over regular Sky Suite on M-Class?

Sigyn

Wondering if I should consider bidding to move to an Aqua Sky Suite instead of a Sky Suite on M-Class. One possible benefit might be moving from an accessible cabin to a non-accessible. I see that the one open Aqua Sky Suite is non-accessible. I've heard water pools in the M-Class bathroom floor in an accessible suite. (I don't need an accessible cabin, was only given one because I booked a suite guarantee.)

What are the advantages to an Aqua Sky Suite on the Millennium? The Persian Garden doesn't look that appealing as far as spas go. 

Unless you get a certain AquaClass Sky Suitel, e.g. 6145, 6146 which have a separate walk in shower and a tub, the biggest benefit is the larger balcony.

We are in 6100 on Millennium currently and the balcony is so shallow there is no room for a foot stool.  There are two chairs, a small table, and a ‘couch’ on the balcony. It’s comfortable but not very big. 

Storage in the room seems to be the same, although the room size in 6145 and 6146 is a little larger, but not much. 

• Like 2

I wouldn't pay a premium for the difference.  You are correct that the Persian Garden isn't much to write home about on M-Class.  I've stayed in one of those rooms that used to be classed as a regular sky suite, and it looked like a regular sky suite to me.  The veranda might have been slightly larger but not by much (if it was at all). 

Only 2 of the 6 in that 6125-6132 room block have what I would consider larger verandas that would make a difference (the ones on 6131 and 6132) but even that is marginal to me.  And of course a move-up isn't going to guarantee one of those.  People in other rooms can take whatever is showing open before the move-up assignments happen, so that room being open today doesn't mean you're going to end up in it.  I did like the location and the butler was the same who did the penthouses so he was great but YMMV on that aspect.

Edited by bEwAbG

1 hour ago, njsmom said:

Wondering if I should consider bidding to move to an Aqua Sky Suite instead of a Sky Suite on M-Class. One possible benefit might be moving from an accessible cabin to a non-accessible. I see that the one open Aqua Sky Suite is non-accessible. I've heard water pools in the M-Class bathroom floor in an accessible suite. (I don't need an accessible cabin, was only given one because I booked a suite guarantee.)

What are the advantages to an Aqua Sky Suite on the Millennium? The Persian Garden doesn't look that appealing as far as spas go. 

You can find added amenities for the Aqua Sky Suites on this flyer page:

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/ed46d039#/ed46d039/191

image.png.0c11cd2830da876927196fd494556567.png

It's also mentioned on the top of the page that Aqua Sky Suites can dine in Blu based on availability.  Although, I think that dining in Blu is available for all suite guests based on availability.

If you're worried about the accessibility features of your current room being a drawback or would rather have a stateroom on deck 6, then it might be worthwhile to bid depending on the price.  If none of the aqua amenities interest you, then bidding on the room makes even less sense.

• Thanks 1

It has a larger balcony and the cabin is actually larger.   We sailed in one of those with a larger balcony on a b2b.  We couldn’t get the same cabin so we had to switch.   The cabin we switched  to was about 3 or 4 foot shorter in depth.  

The Persian Garden perks is useless as it isn’t the same as on the S class or E class.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

As to the Aqua Sky Suites. We wont use the spa amenities that come with the suite. For myself it would be for location. Personally I like deck 6 on the M Class ships. Close to Luminae as they close by 9:30 for breakfast. The S Class ships the Aqua SS for us is a great location. Up one deck for snacks and under the carpeted area of the OVC. When it comes to pricing. M Class when I was looking to book a suite the Aqua SS were about $500 more pp. S Class the cost was about $1000 more pp. M Class, I might spend the extra money. S Class no way, with most SS under the OVC or all the way aft. We now book CS suite on the S Class ships. Video from Millie. The suite with the large balcony is 6132. 

Edited by bigbenboys
added info
  • Like 3

On 5/5/2023 at 2:18 PM, NorthStarStateCruiser said:

You can find added amenities for the Aqua Sky Suites on this flyer page:

https://secure.viewer.zmags.com/publication/ed46d039#/ed46d039/191

image.png.0c11cd2830da876927196fd494556567.png

It's also mentioned on the top of the page that Aqua Sky Suites can dine in Blu based on availability.  Although, I think that dining in Blu is available for all suite guests based on availability.

If you're worried about the accessibility features of your current room being a drawback or would rather have a stateroom on deck 6, then it might be worthwhile to bid depending on the price.  If none of the aqua amenities interest you, then bidding on the room makes even less sense.

Have to chuckle over the 2 yoga mats, there is barely room to lay out 1 mat much less 2.

• Haha 1

On 5/5/2023 at 12:52 PM, njsmom said:

Basically, Celebrity took the better Sky Suites (in terms of bigger interior and/or bigger balcony) which previously had a higher price than the regular Sky Suites and have recategorized them as Aqua Sky Suites which includes a few extra spa benefits/amenities and they are now charging even more for them.  So basically, Celebrity was able to find a way to charge more for these suites without incurring any significant cost.

So the basic answer for you (and somebody already pointed this out), the attraction of the Aqua Sky Suites is a bigger cabin and/or balcony.

The above comments pertain to Millennium class ships.  I am not as certain about Solstice class.

Edited by mahdnc

3 hours ago, valuemkt said:

Do you have experience opinion on the Celebrity Suites ? 

We were in a Celebrity Suite in March and IMO not worth the $$.  Our next cruise we are going to be in a Sunset Sky Suite on Reflection.

8 hours ago, islabahia said:

We were in a Celebrity Suite in March and IMO not worth the $$.  Our next cruise we are going to be in a Sunset Sky Suite on Reflection.

I didn’t like the celebrity suite on M class , terrible balcony, royal suite is fantastic, free specialty restaurants, liquor setup , huge balcony with small hot tub , have done this 3 times on M class.

23 hours ago, islabahia said:

Was your Celebrity Suite on the M Class or S Class ship. I remember something about M Class Celebrity Suite. That the balcony was not on the original build. What I like about M Class is that most of the suites are in the same area on deck 6.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Was your Celebrity Suite on the M Class or S Class ship. I remember something about M Class Celebrity Suite. That the balcony was not on the original build.

You remember correctly.  When all 4 Millennium class ships were built, the Celebrity Suites were not outfitted with balconies.  I am guessing that the designers thought that the large floor to ceiling windows would be sufficient.  Because of its large size, it was priced rather high and I imagine that customers had a hard time justifying spending that much and not get a balcony.  Celebrity ended up retrofitting them with balconies a few years later.  Sometimes a retrofit has to work around limitations that compromise the design.  Having said that, how did you like the balcony?  Was it sufficiently deep enough to be useful?

31 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Was your Celebrity Suite on the M Class or S Class ship. I remember something about M Class Celebrity Suite. That the balcony was not on the original build. What I like about M Class is that most of the suites are in the same area on deck 6.

We were on Summit which is an M class.  We were on Deck 8.  Balcony very tight.  Overall, we are not fans of Summit and we are cancelling our December ‘23 cruise on Summit.

Edited by islabahia

33 minutes ago, bigbenboys said:

Agree most suites are on 6 , royal and penthouse are all aft on deck 6 , our only celebrity suite was deck 6. 

On 5/5/2023 at 12:52 PM, njsmom said:

Just off Summit in Aqua Sky Suite 6145 and would not book again.  Butler Pratik was awesome as was suite attendant.  Bathroom was spacious with separate shower and two sinks but no where to put your 'stuff' in there, very tight on counter top and slight half shelf filled with towels, hair dryer, etc. underneath.  Location was great but in our opinion we would not book this again due to storage.  Very weird.  We were on for 9 nights and needed multiple layering of clothes. 

Two and half cubbies, two drawers and one small closet on right as you enter.  One other drawer in the funky entryway and one more set of shelves in the cabinet under the TV.  TV did not swivel toward the little thing they call the couch, it faced the bed.  It was a connecting room to PH and I know better than to book connecting room, unless there are peeps I know in the connecting room.  Small table near 'couch' and while there was a larger balcony, not comfortable, all metal furniture.  

This is our opinion and for the money, better cabins can be had.  

10 minutes ago, kneadsdough2cruise said:

Just off Summit in Aqua Sky Suite 6145 and would not book again.  Butler Pratik was awesome as was suite attendant.  Bathroom was spacious with separate shower and two sinks but no where to put your 'stuff' in there, very tight on counter top and slight half shelf filled with towels, hair dryer, etc. underneath.  Location was great but in our opinion we would not book this again due to storage.  Very weird.  We were on for 9 nights and needed multiple layering of clothes. 

Two and half cubbies, two drawers and one small closet on right as you enter.  One other drawer in the funky entryway and one more set of shelves in the cabinet under the TV.  TV did not swivel toward the little thing they call the couch, it faced the bed.  It was a connecting room to PH and I know better than to book connecting room, unless there are peeps I know in the connecting room.  Small table near 'couch' and while there was a larger balcony, not comfortable, all metal furniture.  

Your description of the sparse storage area and other furnishing deficiencies is a common complaint and not just for the Aqua Sky Suites. 

42 minutes ago, kneadsdough2cruise said:

Thanks, I am aware, just wanted to give an accurate account of why we did not care for it!

Your description was good. The reason I posted my earlier message was in reaction to you saying that you wouldn't book the Aqua Sky Suites again. So I thought it was something unique to the Aqua Sky Suites. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, kneadsdough2cruise said:

ASS 6145 and 6146 are different than the other sky suites. Other sky suites only have one sink. No separate shower. Personally I would only book those suites if I need more room in the PH or I knew the guests in the PH. X has removed the player piano from the PH's on the Summit and Millie. Thank Kelly Hoppen for the furniture.

My pet peeve is chairs without armrests. Not that I need them to get out of the chair. It is more about comfort and somewhere to put my arms. The kicker is on the Edge in a sky suite. The chair for the small deck has armrests, but with the armrest on the chair you could not slide the chair all the way in.

1 hour ago, kneadsdough2cruise said:

We are booked in 6146 on Millennium for next year and are well aware of all these shortcomings.  These are all due to the form over function that Celebrity incorporated when the ship was Revolutionized.   We were in a regular Sky Suite recently on Millennium and I used the "Feedback" QR code in the Celebrity Today to express my dissatisfaction with the storage and functionally of our Sky Suite to the Hotel Director.  I even had the Retreat Host, who also received a copy oof my complaints thank me for my comments.  They indicated that they had heard other Retreat guest complaining but this was the first time they recalled anyone writing it down and sending it to the Hotel Director.   Not sure that it will result in any changes but I just had to let my opinion be known.  

I normally take my FireTV stick with me and use it to stream movies and such but given the location of the TV, which as you pointed out, could only be seen clearly from the bed or the chair at the dressing table, but did not even bother to hook it up on this trip. 

One other thing we commented on was the lack of an appropriate table for in room or on the balcony dining.  We got around this by taking those two 'seats' at the food of the bed, putting them side by side in front of the couch and then using the large tray our butler brought the food in on as a table sitting across these two seats.  

• Like 1

I thought the other drawback with 6145/6 was that they did not have a floor-to-ceiling glass sliding balcony door--instead it was a hinged heavy door with a large window.  At least it was like that pre-Revolution and I am guessing that it wasn't changed.

12 minutes ago, mahdnc said:

I thought the other drawback with 6145/6 was that they did not have a floor-to-ceiling glass sliding balcony door--instead it was a hinged heavy door with a large window.  At least it was like that pre-Revolution and I am guessing that it wasn't changed.

The doors are still that way based on pictures I have seen.   Not sure which I prefer but will keep that in mind when we sail next year.